Thread: Domino Effect of Coming Out

Domino Effect of Coming Out

Did anyone ever feel this before? I've told three of the closest people to me now about my secret. Two of them were in the past three-four days, I can't even remember. Now all I can think about is telling my next friend and how I want to do it! I think i'm gonna hold back some, but I feel like I might be ready to come out. I can barely contain myself!
    removed

If the time feels right to you then it is time. Good luck
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

I definitely think that it gets easier each time that you come out to someone. I also find that I think about telling more people the more I tell people. Now how's that for a sentence!
    Red Heels!

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Gee, as a matter of fact, I have felt that way. Here is my story.

Kathi

heyyy nice thread title, kathi! =P
    removed

I definitely feel that way. I get urges to just tell my friends and now i just want to tell more and more. So i feel ya.
    "Any life is made up of a single moment, the moment in which a man finds out, once and for all, who he is." - Jorge Luis Borges

Not only do you feel like telling more people, just think of those that you have told already. I bet that they are dying to tell their other friends too. They might even beat you to the punch. Maybe you can run one of Karren's empirical tests and just wait awhile not telling anyone else and see if someone comes back to you to confirm this crazy runor that they heard! Congrats on opening up that heavy door.

well the last two people I told are good friends. I told them both so they could have someone to talk to and say, "wow! I can't believe that's he's a crossdresser!"
    removed

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I like that- Tell 2 people so they have someone to talk with (Crossdressing secrets are hard to keep)
    Now I just have to find 1 more person that I trust and my wife likes enough to discuss some of the issues about crossdressing so she can relax her mind.

Hi and congratulations.

I know exactly how you're feeling. Yes, I felt just the same and still do enjoy telling people. I don't tell everyone, only those who I feel comfortable with and feel they can take it. I also told/tell them that I don't mind if they tell others. After all when you've told one person your secret is out and whizzing around the whole world anyway.

It's now about six years since I first told my pal only to find that he knew anyway from my then wife. Now the whole village knows but no one has ever approached me about it. Those who I have personally told are always asking me questions about the subject. I love answering them.
    Samantha.

Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    ... run one of Karren's empirical tests and just wait awhile not telling anyone else and see if someone comes back to you...
    It does happen. Told my 39 yr old niece, who used to be my favorite, (Note to self, methods of communication, telephone, telegraph, television, tell a niece.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Kelsey View Post
    ... when you've told one person your secret is out and whizzing around the whole world anyway.
    Samantha.

It doesn't take long for the information to spread. Telling your "secret" (whatever it is) to one person makes it a NON secret, and it soon becomes public knowlege
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Talking The same

That is a great point I have also started to open up to a few people and by during so I feel just wonderful in a nice way, because one thing I did not to do was hurt anyone ,But also I had to be open to myself ,you girls known this for yourself,

Love Trish

I have been the same recently. I have been opening up to a few friends and I feel I want to come out to the world... too bad I dont have the guts to do it atm

Lots of love,
    Miss Kara

Since I told my grown children and their spouses, it has gotten easier to think about telling others. And after having kept it a complete secret for forty years, it is a relief to know that others know and accept and support what I'm doing.
    warmly, Linnea

It's not called the domino effect for nothing. You told three friends and they told three friends and so on and so on.......... Gossip like this is rarely contained for long.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar
    For me it's quite a delima as I guess I'm still a bit hung up on acceptance and some fear of rejection. I do feel that it's becoming more obvious to most folks, even my denying and disapproving wife. I did tell one of my daughers and she has told a couple of her friends so I'm sure it's going to travel at the speed of sound.

I feel a lot of conflict so maybe something like this would be good in a way. I'm more reserved about those I work with or customers, etc. I'm not sure how the corp. folks would handle some news, even gossip, about such a thing.

Good luck and I hope you feel happy.

XXs
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

I know the feeling but must be careful who I tell. My beloved wife wants this to remain a secret and I think she has more issues with others knowing than I do

I congratulate you and am envious. I would like to share "the real me" with others in family and close friends. My wife is the only one who shares this with me at this time. I don't like keeping secrets like this. Well maybe someday, who knows?
    Something happens and I'm head over heels.

Quote Originally Posted by theresa View Post
    I congratulate you and am envious. I would like to share "the real me" with others in family and close friends. My wife is the only one who shares this with me at this time. I don't like keeping secrets like this. Well maybe someday, who knows?
    I'm envious of you and your wife. My girlfriend would break up with me if she found out.
    removed

Telling is a good thing

Are you also going to show them?

Quote Originally Posted by Phyliss View Post

It doesn't take long for the information to spread. Telling your "secret" (whatever it is) to one person makes it a NON secret, and it soon becomes public knowlege
    well, depends on where you live, and who you tell. In the big city, you could wait DECADES waiting for it to become public knowledge.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile Most definitely.

Once I started telling a few close friends I found that I needed to tell more, eventually my goal before coming out officially at work was to talk with about 1-2 people a day for the month before my announcement by HR. Even though I'm official now at work I still choose people to talk with personally when I can. Most people appreciate the personal approach and being so very comfortable with myself now, it is easy to talk with people and with that confidence that I project, everyone is okay with me.. Kimberly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

Well I have told everybody I care about and I now have no one to tell anymore. Oh well. I guess I have to make some more friends in drab and after a year or to come out to them just for the fun of it lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Quote Originally Posted by aggi123 View Post
    Did anyone ever feel this before? I've told three of the closest people to me now about my secret. Two of them were in the past three-four days, I can't even remember. Now all I can think about is telling my next friend and how I want to do it! I think i'm gonna hold back some, but I feel like I might be ready to come out. I can barely contain myself!
    I know exactly how you feel, I have a lot of friends that I would like to tell, but I'm holding back because I either don't trust them to keep the secret or I don't know how they'd react... and this is the case for all of them except for one, I know exactly how he would react, but I don't know if he could look at me the same after...

Domino Effect of Coming Out

good for you for comeing out, I have only told other girls like me not any really close friends , maybe some day