Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hiding pierced ears?

hideing from your wife or family aint going to happen cause at close range even the best,well thought out cover is gonna be blown. I say like the rest of the girl's,wear a nice set of cz studs when your around people you dont want to see your girly set's and vica versa I have been going to get mine done since it is now ok in this day and age. in the 80's it was unheard of
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

hiding

Maybe it's just me but I was changing earings after 4 days and could have them out for a while after 2 weeks. My suggestion is that you move up in diameter as quickly as possible after you are able to exchange earrings so the hole gets used to being large.

It's been a decade now and I seldom wear ear jewelry to work. The bulk of the people around me have no idea about any piercings. It's not as if there is this big hole to be seen! The general public, even close coworkers, just won't see anything different.

On the other hand, those intimate with you will surely know. If having a piercing is going to mess up your personal life, getting that straightened away first is essential.

best of luck,
    tina

Hiding pierced ears?

I sure wish there was a sure way to hide the holes, if so I would be getting it done right now,

If your really afraid of someone finding out get some clip on adapters (available at Clairs). You can then modify any earring to a clip on. I haven't had mine peirced but have a boat load of clip ons and adapters.

The best way to hide the holes is a cute stud in each one. No one will see the holes.

Teri

You will need to wear studs but just go for it with confidence. I got mine done a year ago and it was quite a shock to my workmates. For a couple of days everybody was wondering whether I was going through the male manopause but I was soon accepted with them as everyone else. We need courage to do what we wish, maybe its time to show it?

Hugs and good luck hon.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

If hiding the holes is an absolute necessity, there are special bandages/tape you can get that are flesh colored that can be put over, but with a standard 22g, its pointless - once the piercing heals, you can take the stud out and no one will notice unless they actively look for it, but the kicker is that you have to keep the stud in for about 4weeks before taking out, otherwise you risk infection, shallow hole or creating a new tunnel. A pair of basic silver/gold studs is unassuming and will not give away your secret. I promise. If anyone asks, just say that you've always wanted them and now you have them.

As for stretching the hole...standard earrings are made to fit a 22g/20g hole. Since the different between the two sizes are so minuscule, stretching is unnecessary. If you plan to jump up the gauge ladder to say a 10g or a 0g like me, stretching takes time and is always noticeable.

[Note: The larger the hole, the smaller the gauge number].
    Existence is suffering; Life is pain; Nicotine makes everything tolerable

Why?

These days with everyone having next to everything pierced why bother "hiding the holes". Good Grief Charlie Brown!!!!

Kerry

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile Why hide them?

No one cares about pierced ears. Kimberly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

Thanks for all of your thoughts and humor on my question about pierced ears .
    If I was single it would not be a problem because I would be 24/7 ,but I do have a very supportive wife who still cares about what others think . I believe she goes above and beyond to support and help me ,so I have to concede on this point .
    We have agreed that when we go on vacation ,in the spring ,I will get them pierced and hopefully they will be healed when we return six weeks later .
    I now use the adaptors for clip ons ,her idea ,and they give me a lot more to choose from .
    I am usually out three to four days a week and other than get a job or join the "Red Hat Society " there is not much that I have not enjoyed as Terri .
    So I guess weather I get them pierced or not I am pretty blessed .
    Thanks Again

Terri it sounds as if you are blessed with a wonderful wife and if it comes down to getting them peirced have fun. If not there is a large selection of clip on earrings that are not our mothers. Huggs Teri