Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiding pierced ears?

Hiding pierced ears?

I have wanted to get my ears pierced for years ,but have to be able to hide the holes after they have healed .
    I will be away for about a month this spring and thought that may be a good time to get them done .
    So my problem is how to hide the holes ,any thoughts?

Hello from central maryland! Maybe try a little concealer or foundation. I'm not even sure how noticeable they are, i never really look at anybody's ears.
    removed

I have five holes and two of them you could use to play basketball. Only kidding of course but two holes can't be hidden. The others are possible with a slight bit of makeup. Who are you hidding them from? Todays day and age a vast majority of people get thier ears pierced. Why hide them.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

I think there was an earlier thread about using some kind of clear nylon spacer while the hole heals up a while ago, kind of like monofilament fishing line. It's not that visible so I've been told. Personally, I have never heard of such a thing but I think some people here have.
    I know the pain of having being asked the question, particularly from an employer. Fortunately, in my case, my boss (the company president) is a Bruce Spingsteen fanatic, and whe all know Springsteen is a legend in the state I live in, so I've used that argument to justify my holes.
    As for my boss...stupid freak, him being an ex-Vietnam combat vet who got his tattooos on both his arms removed by laser when he got promoted to president.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 12-14-2009 at 10:44 PM.

Earings would do a nice job of hiding the holes. Why hide them to begin with. I see men with earings every day. it's not like you're wearing a bra over your clothes.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Check out Claire's, Icing and even Walmart. I purchased a small set of different sized clear plastic studs at Claire's on sale. The backing is just another piece of plastic with a hole in it and looks like it might fall off over time. I got mine because I thought that I may be going back to work and wanted to at least try something until I got back in the groove and established at work. I haven't needed them yet due to no work. It may take longer for your ear ring holes to heal than just 4 weeks. I think mine took almost 5 months before I could easily put my studs back in my ear without risking a little bleeding as I dug around for that little open ear post hole. I have been wearing my studs ever since I got my ears pierced at a tattoo shop, except when I go out and use dangly earrings. Go for it! Once you and everyone else gets over the initial shock of "What the hell did you do to your ears?", you will be able to wear whatever type of earing you like.

Gold Member
    Why hide them at all?? Ear piercing is very common today...even Michael Jordan has them. So why hide them. Just use a male earing.

I have both ears pierced with one hole each and no one pays any attention to them. I'm 48, so I'm not a college student, I'm a bit above that age and I work as a gunsmith, so I'm in a profession that likely wouldn't take well to crossdressing.

My favorite comment was when a friend of mine, and ex-Marine, saw me a few months after I got them pierced and asked if I'd been shot with a BB gun?!

Seriously, no one will pay any attention to them, unless you get your whole ear done all the way around. I'm actually thinking about getting a second set done.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    In my final throws of being a weekend warrior so you can't ask and I can't tell. <--always wanted to use this emoticon. I had a very close friend recommend the clear nylon spacers and guess what, no issues. Flip them around backwards and no one notices. Even with short GI Joe hair. OBTW you need to plan several, not just one, months before you remove your earings. Otherwise, the hole is going to close up.

Don't try to hide them from a spouse. That isn't going to work. Mine was all over it the night I got them pierced. Darn GGs they have radar for this stuff.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

here you go - a thread from Ashley:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=110028

I have seen her ears up close with these in and you have to look really hard to notice the inserts, but at a distance the pierced ears are not noticeable. When I get my ears pierced I shall get some.

Phose go with everything nikki in hose's Avatar
    I have a double set in both ears. Did my first one at 14 myself, then i did a second at 16, both in the left ear(it was the 80's and i was still finding myself). Then a few years later I went and got my other ear done. Noone even noticed or if they did they didnt care. I say go for it, get a small set of studs to start with either plain ball studs or small diamonds/CZ. Good luck

Why do you need to hide the holes? Have you looked around lately and seen how many men have pierced ears? Actors, athletes, race car drivers; men of all ages. Why do you need to hide your piercings? IF anyone asks, just tell them that you like having pierced ears and wearing earrings. Be proud and confident!!

Quote Originally Posted by Terri Andrews View Post
    I have wanted to get my ears pierced for years ,but have to be able to hide the holes after they have healed .
    I will be away for about a month this spring and thought that may be a good time to get them done .
    So my problem is how to hide the holes ,any thoughts?
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    Why hide them at all?? Ear piercing is very common today...even Michael Jordan has them. So why hide them. Just use a male earing.
    I agree with this, but you may have circumstances that make you feel uncomfortable with wearing earrings. If so, just don't worry. The holes are not very noticeable. A little make-up (foundation) would probably conceal the holes, but then you have the problem of getting the holes clogged, possible infection or healing over.
    warmly, Linnea

Silver Member
    The best way to hide the holes is with earrings. No one will be able to see the holes at all if you wear earrings in them.

For years I wore small gold studs in my ears to hide the holes. The studs also kept the holes open. If you don't keep something in the holes, they will close up eventually. And in the beginning it will be VERY difficult to insert the earrings if you don't keep the holes open.

If you are self conscious, wear man earrings. Little sports motifs, or little motorcycles, or religious earrings, small gold crosses. Have you seen how many men are wearing earrings lately?

Stephie

After the holes heal they are not that noticeable. I had my ears peirced 3 years ago and have never had anyone say anything when not wearing ear rings. Just do it......

I'm with Kelly on this one.
    Some nice diamond studs hide my holes. (all four of them)

I have had double holes for a very long time. I had one person say something about them and it was back in the 80's. I didn't have to say a thing. The pool-hall owner jumped all over the guy saying it is none of the guy's buisness!

How about some nice big clip on earrings , that should cover up the holes .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

As an addict to piercing (8 total: 2 in both ears [all for gauged], nipples, labret and madison with more to come!) let me help you out here.

You can't hide a piercing that is out in the open. The smallest piercing which is a 22g (the size of a hypodermic needle) will be seen because you have just impaled your body and replaced the once existing matter with a new form of matter. Some people will walk away after healing with just a dot where the hole is, others will have a concave effect where a small amount of surrounding area dips in the hole (not ugly at all and pretty common). But since piercings are becoming more and more common (hello 9th and 10th piercing!!!) and are no longer used as signs of gender or sexuality, you are fine in that regards.

Now a warning.

KEEP YOUR F***ING EARS AWAY FROM PIERCING GUNS!

Places like WalMart, Claire's and just about every place in the mall that offers to pierce you is NOT inspected by the health depart, does NOT follow any type of standard sanitation process and the guns themselves are absolute pieces of crap. Check out this link here: http://www.homiegfunk.com/gunssuck.htm

If you really want to get pierced, shop around your local parlors. Talk with the piercers to get comfortable, they don't mind! Ask about their sanitation process, ask to see the clave (which is what sanitizes everything) and go with the person who makes you feel comfortable. When you are ready, tell them you want 22g studs (22g is the smallest piercing you can get. Its the same size as your standard hypodermic needle). When it comes to studs, you may not have a giant collection to choose from. In fact, you may have less than a handful of style options. The money isn't in making studs, but the jewelery you wear afterwards.

As for me, I have gone to the same shop for all piercings and my tattoo (sometime's dressed, sometime's not. They don't care). I treat them with respect so they take care of me. Besides, it doesn't hurt that I tip them REALLY well. [Piercers and tattoo artists only make money when they do business, and unless they own the place, they have to give a giant cut to the house. Tips are golden for these people].

Thats all I can think of for now, but if you have anymore questions, feel free to ask!
    Existence is suffering; Life is pain; Nicotine makes everything tolerable

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    Definitely listen to Larissa on this one, and don't get the piercing done anywhere that uses a gun. and make sure they use a clave as mentioned in Larissa's post.

The most noticeable piercing would be due to your ear swelling up, and turning red from an infection from the piercing gun!!!!

Hugs
    -Kaylee

I don't think you can hide the holes if someone gets close enough so if your trying to hide it from family it will be almost impossible but as far as out and about it is not an issue because most people won't notice and if they do most of the time they won't comment.I just had mine done and regret not doing it sooner.It was a bit of an issue at first but people soon get use to it.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

There are these things called retainers that can be put in, they are generally made of plastic or silicone. They fit right into the pierced hole to keep it open, but are not noticeable. Unfortunately, they CAN NOT be worn during a fresh piercing.

But with a 22g hole, retainers are pointless.

Also, swelling and redness varies from person to person. None of my piercings have ever swelled (though the nipple piercings were red and sore for a long time whilst they healed).

Unless you work in a very professional setting, I don't see why 2 little piercings would have to be hidden.
    Existence is suffering; Life is pain; Nicotine makes everything tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Earings would do a nice job of hiding the holes. Why hide them to begin with. I see men with earings every day. it's not like you're wearing a bra over your clothes.
    I couldn't agree more !
    If you want to have them done do it and enjoy them.
    Tomara

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Men wearing earings has become mainstream and is even considerd macho in some circles.

I work in a somewhat macho, blue collar enviorment.
    when I got my ears pierced about 6 yrs ago and started to wear 3mm CZ studs in both ears, it was a complete non issue and soon after, some other guys started to wear earings in both ears.

I really don't see a problem with just getting your ears pierced and having someone notice the empty "holes".
    Unless someone is activly looking for holes, most will not even notice them.

Hi blondes!

You need not make the two holes at the same time. Just buy one asketic men's earstud, and get 1 (one) ear pierced and the stud inserted. Wait for some time, and then do the same to the other ear. Use the same stud. Think of an excuse for changing ears, if you really need one.

I agree with Kellycan 27. There is no need to hide them at all. Mine have been pierced for years now and have never had a problem with it.