Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tattoos

When I was growing up tattoos were limited to drunken sailors and sober convicts. Of the thousands I have seen there has not been a single one I would want on my body.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Treetop Louise View Post
    [SIZE="2"]Never got one. As a kid, i used to put on yjose play temp tattoos. I really wish the tattoo industry, would simply come up with tattoos, that are temporary, like for a year, so that the bloody things are not permanent! I hear of people having boyfriend, or girlfriend's name tattooed on, and, of course, they are stuck with it, long after breaking up![/SIZE]
    The temporary tattoos you can buy today last up to a week with no problem. You can also buy special paper online to print with an inkjet or laser printer to try out a design you're considering. Haven't got my tattoo yet, but I've been playing with the printer paper. Unfortuantely, with my inkjet printer, as soon as you sit in a hot tub or the bath, the colors bleed together. I was wearing one last weekend when I went on a bike ride. When I got home, the thing was a muddy looking blur. Here is an example of a print your own tattoo, with the design, size, and location I'm considering. I think the size may be too small for the triangles in the center to come up well. (I hope I cropped it well enough to conform to forum rules.) I'm finding that these print your own ones pucker and shine a bit where the commercial ones don't have a coating in the clear areas and look a little more realistic.

I have been obsessing over color fill the last couple of weeks and this is the first one of just an outline. It looks so good that I'm almost convinced to do it. Next step is to interview a couple of parlors. Since this yantra symbolizes the goddess and is also a blend of masculine and feminine energies, I'm considering of having a female artist do it if I decide to take the plunge.

Quote Originally Posted by sherryleigh View Post
    My tatoos are called scars and I earned every one. Tatoos aren't macho they are sissy. Scars are either physical or mental and more important than ink, just maybe not as permanent. Just saying.
    ?? I don't think the various forms of dress we engage in here, from lingerie to full outfits with makeup, wigs, and breast forms could be considered very macho either. I'm not considering mine for macho or sissy reasons and don't like how so many women are tattooed nowadays. I'm considering mine for personal/mystical reasons. I do want it on the hip because that's a little more feminine but also I can wear minimum clothes in male mode and not have it visible to others.
    Attached Images Attached Images

No such thing as an ex-Marine

No Marine is fully dressed without an Eagle, Globe and Anchor tattooed somewhere on his (or her) body! Mine is about 8 x 11 inches, located in the middle of my back between the shoulder blades. Fortunately, I have always weighed within 10-15 pounds of what I weighed when I got it in Okinawa at age 19, and it hasn't stretched or blurred too much.

I've been told that the newer inks are much better, and they don't blur and run. Some of the old Marine NCO's and Navy CPO's had work done during WWII that looked like nothing but a blue swirl after twenty-five years.

I have on occasion thanked my lucky stars that I chose the Marine Corps Emblem instead of one of the Devil Dog tats.

Marine Marching Cadence:

I've got a girl in Boston, Mass.
    Marine Corps Emblem on her ass,
    Navy anchor on her chest,
    The thing she sits on is the Best!

I have never met any women, except Women Marines, with an Emblem on their butt, btw. More's the pity!
    Last edited by StarrOfDelite; 12-19-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by StarrOfDelite View Post
    I've been told that the newer inks are much better, and they don't blur and run.
    The inks have changed quite a bit since then (mostly for safety reasons), but the biggest change has been how the ink is injected both in terms of instrumentation and depth in skin.

Now if only they can figure out how to make red ink from being rejected by so many people!
    Existence is suffering; Life is pain; Nicotine makes everything tolerable

No Tattoo for me right now. Actually talked to a place this evening and showed them my artwork. As I suspected, the detail was too small in the center and it would bleed together. I either have to get it much larger than I want or find another design. I'm kind of relieved but at the same time, the more I think about it, the more disappointed I get. That image was what I had my mind set on and no other options, so I guess I'll remain tattoo free for quite some time.

I have 3 and I don't regret them at all.
    For women, it is as much a fashion statement as coloring their hair.

I say to each, his own.
    NOT your girl next door!

Quote Originally Posted by cd_jamie View Post
    got one on my back of a chicken and referances to driving a truck. I like it but wish I had not gotten it.

I've gotta say nice being a fellow driver i get the reference to the chicken.

Myself I just got my first one back in August. it's not completely finished yet, It's a Pink cross on my wrist, with a Ribbon wrapped around it and Love in the ribbon, I got that tattoo during my last time of being put on Suicide watch i guess I figured if I had something pretty there I wouldn't want to ruin it, Morbid thinking I know but it's the truth. and I have 3 More that I want to get done. including a Panther, and another cross on the other wrist.
    [SIZE="3"]"All I Know is that the choices we make dictate the life's we live, to thy ownself be True." Danny DeVieto Reinassance Man[/SIZE]

Ashley Lynn

This link was removed as we do not allow personal business websites without permission

I had four when I was trying to be a "man". I have two now since lasering two off. Wish I had more money.

No tats yet, but I love borrowing the temporary tattoo pens from the kids. Yeah, I know - cheap and cheesy, but they're great fun at the beach after a drink or two!

Speaking of, I always thought David Beckham's Brooklyn back tattoo was a bit of a tramp stamp. Hmmm... makes you wonder! Then again, Victoria's "stars" stamp is just dreamy! (Google them...)

I have a tat, and don't regret getting it at all.
    [SIZE="2"]
    Hugs,
    Tiffany

My facebook: www.facebook.com/ladysnow71

[/SIZE]

I have so far of Tigger on my right shoulder. Will still look good in a dress if I ever get around to wearing one.
    There are some guy tattoos I've wanted but am glad I waited. I'll have to think of ones that can work both ways. Let's see, how can I get the Halo VG logo to fit in some sort of girly way? Tramp stamp or ankle?

Quote Originally Posted by Joni Marie Cruz View Post
    Don't have one, at least not yet, but I've been thinking very seriously of getting one that involves the lower case script letters "t" & "g" kind of scrolled together with wings to make a butterfly design. I've done some sketches now I have to decide where I want it, I'm thinking back of my ankle.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    I would love to see your drawings Joni. Sounds like an idea with merit.

I think I would love the "tramp stamp", the only tat that I would consider. We are talking about the tat on the lower back just above the butt, right? At least after you have it done you can say "it's all behind me now".

tatoos

i have a few and regret allof them .

I am like you I have never had one and am glad that I don't. I guess that a little butterfly would work, but it would need to be real small.

I'm still young, so I an afford to be dumb, but I have a red and blue star on my arm and it works with both sides of my personality, and I do want to get more.
    I’m falling down the rabbit hole and loving the trip down.

I've got 2, one on my side and some text on my back...they aren't particularly femme but it doesn't really bother me
    "It makes no difference whether the voices in their transformations have each other to depend on or not. Smooth them out on the whetstone of the universe (tian), use them to go by and let the stream find its own channels; this is the way to live out your years. Forget the years, forget duty, be shaken into motion by the limitless, and so find things their lodging-places in the limitless." ~Zhuangzi

"everyone here hates everyone here for doing the same thing that they do." - Less Than Jake

Is a battleship considered feminine?

lol, jus' kiddn'...

I am tatooless...not toothless, just tatooless

I'm not against them, I have just never thought of anything I could select to put on my body, which I could imagine being happy with for a lifetime. (except pantyhose)

I love men with tattoos. I don't know why they're so sexy...maybe rebellious? But, I think tattoos can be very feminine. I want one on at the base of my neck and I think it's very feminine. I just need the whole spare cash thing...which doesn't seem to be in the near future.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

I thought my urge for a tatto would end with the rejection of my design last weekend. But the next day I thought of getting the word associated with the Yantra I wanted, "Shreem," done in Sanskrit. Si I'm calling for a consultation today on my new idea, "Om Shreem Namaha," done in Sanskrit.

Update:

I wanted to get the tatt on December 31, full and blue moon, Shiva's birthday, and the start of the new year, but they will be closed that day. So I couldn't say I get a tattoo once in a blue moon.

But when they said they could do it today, I took the plunge and am now sporting a Sanskrit mantra tattoo!
    Last edited by Joanie_Shakti; 12-23-2009 at 07:37 PM. Reason: To provide update

Aspiring Member

I don't regret a single one!

I didn't start getting my tattoos until after I confessed that I was a crossdresser to my wife and ALL of my tattoos are feminine. I have several that consist of 5 butterflies, 2 roses, 2 tiger lilies, 2 hummingbirds and one green ivy vine that is called a "belt". None of them can be seen unless am wearing a two piece bikini at the pool. I consider them to be a permanent outward sign of my feminine self that has been inside of me forever.

Just another 'Gurl'
    I have one and it is mucho, but I do not regret it. My tatt represents another important side of me, and that's okay too (well unless I am wearing a sleveless top/dress then it is a pain in the bum).
    Just another man in a dress

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    I have 1 on my left shoulder and plan to get another on my right shoulder

I guess it's somewhat masculine, but I don't care. Plus the 2nd one will be of a woman's face (favorite singer Juliana Hatfield) which is feminine. Caught between 2 worlds as usual
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

I just want to toss in that there really isn't a feminine or masculine tattoo anymore, and while the tramp stamp is laughed at by everyone (including your tattooist), there are no more gender boundaries in this area.

If you're gonna get a tat, make sure its something YOU are happy with and is placed where YOU are happy with. Thats it. If somebody can't dig that, then they are repressed and society will move on without them.
    Existence is suffering; Life is pain; Nicotine makes everything tolerable

I have a tatoo of a Spanish dancing girl on my forarm. I got this when I was eighteen years old and only paid $3.00 to have it put on. Since then I visited a plastic surgeon to see about having it removed. He told me that his fee would be $500.00. Consequently I still have the tatoo and have regreted getting it all my life. My recommendation to anyone thinking of getting a tatoo, "THINK TWICE BEFORE DOING IT". Nice clear skin is far more attractive and far more beautiful.

Well said Marcie.