Thread: what exactly am i?

what exactly am i?

Ever since I was young I've loved dressing in female clothes and make up but always considered myself a straight guy with absolutely no gay tendencies. Now, the more I explore all these feelings, the more I wonder...while I am still attracted to woman, there is an ever increasing desire to have sex with a man and be more femine than just clothing. I'm not sure whay it means or where I fall into the scheme of things(cd/tg/bi?) but its very frustrating and depressing! I don't know I am exactly...

Quote Originally Posted by destiny420 View Post
    Ever since I was young I've loved dressing in female clothes and make up but always considered myself a straight guy with absolutely no gay tendencies. Now, the more I explore all these feelings, the more I wonder...while I am still attracted to woman, there is an ever increasing desire to have sex with a man and be more femine than just clothing. I'm not sure whay it means or where I fall into the scheme of things(cd/tg/bi?) but its very frustrating and depressing! I don't know I am exactly...
    ... at a place where personal discovery really begins.

Confusion is the seed. It gives us reason to question. Answering those questions is the treck. Hope we here can help you find your answers. I've found some of mine and have more to go. It would be helpful to get a gender therapist. Someone skilled in these issues to help is just a common sense idea.
    Good luck to you hun.
    [SIZE="3"]Terri[/SIZE]
    ------------------------------------------
    [SIZE="2"]"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, The master calls a butterfly!"[/SIZE]

The true measure of a person is in the questions they ask, not the answers they give.

Yep, nows the time, and welcome to the best place for those questions.

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    I can certainly tell you one thing. You indeed are a person........unless you are a dog or cat that can type but I have not seen one of those yet.

Kidding aside you are a person. It really does not matter what your preferences are. As a matter of fact it is quite common for TS girls to have sexual orientation changes after she goes onto hormones.

Its a wild ride and trying to understand and figure out human nature is about like trying to find a needles in a haystack. Better way to approach it is have fun and enjoy who ya are.

Katie

Thank you all for the replies. At this point I'm confused about who I am or want to be. All I know is I don't want to abandon my current life with my family but I really feel like this is who I am but cannot act on these feelings in fear of losing everything! I feel trapped in my own prison and don't know what to do...thank you all again!

Destiny,

Most of us have been where you are now at some point in our lives. I went through many periods of intense confusion and severe depression over the same issue.

I would suggest that look to find a therapist who understands gender issues and begin counselling. The only way to eliminate the confusion is to address the issue and find a way to live with it.

There is a wide spectrum of people who have gender issues and they have many ways of dealing with it.

Again---I would encourage you to find a therapist and I'd also suggest you find a gender support group nearby that you could meet other people with similar issues.

Quote Originally Posted by destiny420 View Post
    Welcome to the jungle baby!

There is no reason to be frustrated or depressed... You don't have cancer - so don't act like you do. You can be frustrated or depressed if you would like, but this should be a fun, exciting time of life for you. A time of exploration and experimentation, a time of coming to known yourself and of enlightenment. That is just nothing but fun. It can be dangerous too - so make sure you keep yourself safe - but by all means go out and live your life! There are many wondrous, splendorous, amazing, exhilarating, delightful things out there just waiting to be discovered.

Enjoy it, revel in it, suck the very marrow out of it.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Again, thank you all for all the positive replies. I am located just outside rockford and yes my wife and I have a great relationship(as long as I don't remind her that her husband feels like a woman) she is the only person I've told my secret to, and is very open minded about this sorta thing, just as long as it isn't me I guess, lol! She has no desire to see me as a woman so the relief of openly being and acting how I feel is pretty rare...thank you ladies for letting me vent! You've all been very sweet! I'm glad I found this site!