Thread: What Do Your Friends and Family Think About Your Crossdressing?

What Do Your Friends and Family Think About Your Crossdressing?

My family doesn't like it and I do stay in the closet. Most others do not know and I am sure they rather not know. I do have a couple of friends who are supportive of me though.
    Last edited by brassieres; 12-19-2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Changed word

My brother knows about me and he has no problem with it whatsoever. Helps that he's gay though I think

The two friends I've told are also ok with it. One said he doesn't care how I'm dressed.
    removed

My wife, stepson and my mother support me 100%
    My two eldest kids know about me and are supportive up to a point [my daughter was very supportive in the past, although we rarely speak of it now. My eldest son knows and is happy about it, but doesn't want to see me dressed. My youngest son is too young to understand at the moment]
    I haven't told any friends outside of here, simply because I doubt they'd understand.

I really don't think that my family or my friend have a big problem with crossdressing... As long as it not me that's the crossdresser! Sigh...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    My friends, family and neighbours for the most part are cool with it, my ex wife's family however dislike me for my cross dressing.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

My family doesn't know yet I have told a number of friend though and they supportive, most of them want to go shopping with me now

Lots of love,
    Miss Kara

Quote Originally Posted by MissKara View Post
    My family doesn't know yet I have told a number of friend though and they supportive, most of them want to go shopping with me now

Lots of love,
    Miss Kara
    I'd love to have someone to go shopping with, but all my friends are guys lol.
    removed

2 cute for words!
    The People that i know and have told support me fully, and would even take me shopping

As my friend Joy used to say: Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter."
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

None of my friends know--except for a few CD friends--and only some of my family (my grown children and their spouses) know. They all just found out this summer--I told them. So far they are very accepting and supportive.
    warmly, Linnea

well my wife know's and is very supportive of me. My brother and sister 16/27 know and thisk that im weird and it is sick. and my mother who has been on the fence for nearing 10 years now say's she is ok with it as long as i dont go out dressed and keep it at home The life of a closeted cd/tg person,thats the book i should wright
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

My family does not accept it at all, my mother actually gave me and the rest of the family an ultimatum. Sad to say, they've not spoken to me in years. I hid it for a long time, but after many years, I'm now at the point in my life where I have accepted myself completely, and I am surrounding myself with those that can do the same. I have two friends who are 100% supportive and understand.
    [SIZE="2"]
    Hugs,
    Tiffany

My facebook: www.facebook.com/ladysnow71

[/SIZE]

One GG friend that I have told is cool with it. But I was pretty sure she would be, or I would have never told her. I think my Mom suspected but she just did her best to ignore it. Definitely no support there. Nobody else knows. But in general if the subject comes up most of my friends might make a joke but I don't think they have any real grief with it. I do have one friend who is ballistic about any sort of deviation from public norms. I think he is extremely insecure.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

Hi,

All my family 2 sons, 4 brothers and 2 sisters plus their kids know about me and all accept me. I'm not saying that they are all okay with it but it doesn't come between us and the subject isn't taboo with us. Most of my close friends are okay with it but best of all my SO Katy is fully supportive.
    Sam.

Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by brassieres
    My family doesn't like it and I do stay in the closet. Most others do not know and I am sure they rather not know. I do have a couple of friends who are supportive of me though.
    [SIZE="2"]My sister, whom I live with, doesn’t know (yet), but I will come out someday, sooner than later, I think. I’ve only told two people, both women (and both friends), in my life, with mixed results. One was uncomfortable with it, while the other one was somewhat fascinated with my compulsion. I didn’t show myself to either person, preferring to remain (visually) in the closet, but I had chances to suddenly appear en femme and force a reaction. This goes against my nature, however – I like to keep my precious feelings to myself (except here). My sister will ultimately be supportive of my clandestine lifestyle – I know her better than anyone, so her reaction will be a foregone conclusion, but I have remained in the closet simply because I like the closet...[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by aggi123
    My brother knows about me and he has no problem with it whatsoever. Helps that he's gay though I think
    [SIZE="2"]It definitely helps he’s gay, no matter what you’re doing in life. It also helps him that you’re a crossdresser, wouldn’t you say? Crossdressing is a GOOD thing, but I’m somewhat prejudiced…[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    My wife, stepson and my mother support me 100% .
    You forgot your Sis-In-Law who not only supports you, but loves you to bits, and her new partner who also has given no negative reaction
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

My wife knows and far as I know she is the only one that knows. My mom probably suspects it but never said anything.

Aside from my wife, none of my family knows ... yet. (No parents or brothers / sisters left on either side.) Those friends and neighbors whom I've told care ool with it. The GG's enjoy going out with me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Friends/neighbors are cool with it. As for family, I outlived most of them, so I suppose I'll never know. ... although wife wasn't happy about it. But since she became my guardian angel, she thinks it's okay.

My wife knows, and I guess she is pretty mich OK with it. Not overly excited, But OK. I am pretty sure my kids know, we really don't talk about it much
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

My roommates, friends and brother know but only because I needed their support while I work my way through this confusion. My parents don't know and I don't plan on telling them unless I go through HRT, I mean, there's no sense in rocking their boat if it won't even be leaving the dock.
    Existence is suffering; Life is pain; Nicotine makes everything tolerable

Aspiring Member
    Just from talking about general things with some of my friends and relatives as long as it was out of sight it stays out of mind.
    In other words they don't mind that it happens but they don't want to see it or be around it when it does happen.

I am by no means in the closet about being Gay or being a CD, so pretty much everyone I know knows, and just pretty much say whatever blows your skirt up. The only person that may have a problem with it is my 'Joe Redneck' brother, but I have only seen him once or twice in the last 4 years or so, so i don't really care what he thinks.

Life is just beginning... Eve_WA's Avatar
    I havent told my family, though I have been thinking about it. I dont think that my mother or father would understand or be too accepting given their age. And I think one brother would be OK and the other not. Hence the hesitation. As they live so far away, and I dont see them often, I just felt that they really dont need to know at this stage of the game.

My room mate knows, and accepts... but that is about the limit of it. He does not understand, nor do I think he wants to. We have broached the topic a few times, but I dont feel that he will ever totally accept and embrace this side of me.

I have not told my friends from before, mainly because I dont think that they would get it or understand.

I have, however, been making new friends, ones that know and accept this of me. Being able to express oneself, and be who you are is a fantastic thing. And something I have greatly enjoyed. Do I wish that I could share this with everyone? Of course! But sadly, I just dont know if that is going to be possible, especially family. So for now I treat them on a need to know basis.