Thread: Make up Tips

Lovely in Lace (or Rope)

Make up Tips

Hey there everyone

I have been experimenting with makeup and am pleased with the progress I'm making. But I cant seem to make the final leap from "guy with makeup" to a softer, feminine look. Any ideas? Websites, books, things you've tried?

Hugs and Kisses. Thanks all.

~~Post Modern Romantic~~ KewTnCurvy GG's Avatar
    Yup, certified make-up diva extroidinaire. More than even me other female friends. Would love to help any and all I can. Just give me your questions.
    Great websites are:

Cosmetics:

www.ibeauty.com
    www.sephora.com

Cosmetic Reviews:

www.icompact.com

and a plethora of other sites.

However, pm or post your specific questions here. It may help others if you're willing to post here as I can then answer for all to see. Good luck and look forward to hearing from you.

*hugs*
    ~Dear Dorothy,
    Hate Oz, took the shoes, find your own way home.
    Toto~

Amelie
    A friend gave me a book called "Making Faces" by Keven Acoin. It has many different styles of girls faces, some famous faces as well. They even have a before and after picture of a man in make-up. Buy some fashion mags and do make-up like the girls do. Just experiment with anything, I have lipstick I used once, then said arrrrgg, no good and put it in my maybe in the future box never to be heard from again.

Advanced Makeup Tips

It sounds like you've got Makeup 101 Down (see my Internet Advice Column Ask Windy Cissy if you haven't) so here are a few advanced tips to soften your look:

Use a makeup sponge to smooth away your excess foundation before applying your powder.

Get a makeup brush to whisk away excess powder after you've used your compact. Apply bush very sparingly, and blend it in with your makeup brush.

Go easy on your eyeliner and mascara, and use beige or gray instead of a primary color for your shadow.

Use a pink shade of lipstick as opposed to red.

A useful rule is only to highlight two of the following features: eyes, cheeks and lips. So if you have killer eyes and full lips, for example, you don't need much blush.

Got it? Ask Windy
    Last edited by windycissy; 08-04-2004 at 03:09 PM.

Lovely in Lace (or Rope)

Thank you

Thank you ladies. I appreciate the help

Amber