Thread: Nesting

Nesting

Have any of you girls gone out shopping and seen some little nic-nak that you really wanted to bring home and put up as a sign of your feminine side. I have had this feeling for some time and would like to know if any of you have had the same feeling and have actualy bought a item for your home.
    Cathy

With my second wife I once bought a girl in a dress nik nak because it looked a little like me. My wife put it in the bathroom on the toilet because she thought it looked good there. One day she caught me dressed (she was unexcepting) and noticed the resemblence. Theere went my nik nak.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Nik naks aren't really my thing, and I really don't get all girly with home decorations (good thing the wife can decorate!). I've seen a lot of clothes and shoes I've wanted to bring home, though! Even when out with wifey (not dressed), I'll look closely at clothes and shoes and think about how I look in them.

Smile

Yes I have done this. From music boxes to vases. Living alone somehow it is nice to have some girly things around the house.

Yeah, this one...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=118946

But as cute as this jewelry box is, no one around here seems to care all that much about nesting.

I do wish this box could be displayed prominently but at the end of the day, I'm still glad my jewelry now has a happy home.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Does a 60" LCD TV qualify as a knick-knack?? If it does than hell yeah!! I could build a nest around that baby! .
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Karren could be a happy nester TODAY, Pittsburg Steelers quit possing as a Detroit Sports team.

If I were single, yeah I'd do it up, because I'm just as much girl as boy.

Sometimes

Since my work requires me to drive customer's car's I get so excited when is a female car cause I get lots of ideas on my car's scents and decors, but other than that as far as home? I let my wife do most of it.

Love Ericka
    She's back

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    This Xmas, my SO and I bought all new Xmas stockings for the house. Hers is a neat satiny, brown, winter-boot-style one. Her little-one's is a somewhat traditional Xmas stocking but in bright pink. Mine is leopard print with a heel.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Of course!

I used to display my antique bottles, and stolen Octoberfest beer mugs all over my house!
    But, I HATE dusting! All packed away now!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

DSW and I are mostly empty-nesters now; The Boy's room became our home office/library and the Girl's room is now the guest room/JJ's room. When my inlaws gave up their home a year ago for an assisted living/retirement home we agreed to "find a home" for the handcrafted furniture he loved to make.

So JJ's room now includes a cherry canopy bed and highboy. Obviously we needed new rose-patterned bedspreads and curtains - The room is far, far more girly that when soccer-daughter lived there.

And I frequently add a vase of cut flowers.

-jj

Smile

does the frilley with blue and pink bows curtins in the kitchen count??

or the walk in filled with lonis things?

only just moved in here so need money for "other" things.

Oh yea!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Does a 60" LCD TV qualify as a knick-knack?? If it does than hell yeah!! I could build a nest around that baby! .
    I'm with you on this Karen.
    I bought a HD 65" screen to satisfy that urge....
    Tallie

Since I'm mostly in charge of decorating our nest, yeah, lots of femme stuff gets in.

But what I really believe is that every one of us should have a little girly area, call it a "shrine" if you will, that celebrates ourselves. It can be the kind of candles and potpourri kind of spot that many women favor, or it can be whatever makes you feel good.

Mine is the counter in my bathroom. There is a bouquet of artificial roses in one corner, a flower topped pen in a vase in another corner, a couple of little dressed statuettes, a femme framed photo, a place where my collection of miniature perfume bottles is on display, and a tray with all of my basic makeup stuff.

My spouse can't handle scents, so, unfortunately, I can't have potpourri nor candles, but I have been thinking of putting in a little fountain.

It doesn't matter what you choose, but you will feel more "at home" if you have a special femme place for yourself.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Definately. I live alone and my gf supports me in this so I love to buy things for the house to make it more girly. I recently purchased some beads to hang from my rearview mirror in my vehicle for the same reason. My gf occassionally buys girly things to decorate the house with, I love her.

My SO has an art background and a yen for feng shui (sp?) so we are well and truly decorated. So much so with small objets d'art that I am usually scared to dust. I am a regular contributor of cut flowers though. It is not "for her" except on occasions but is in fact for us and our home. She usually rearranges them...Dee

I don't do knick knacks. But I do put feminine touches in the decorating of different rooms. Someone has to do it. My wife is afraid of things looking too feminine and I hate things being too masculine. We make a great pair.

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    Now that I am living on my own most definitely I adorn my house with all sorts of feminine touches. I have a victorian couch with lace pillows and dolls on it. I have jewellery boxes, figurines, vases with flowers, prints, plates etc...all with a very feminine theme. It resonates who I am.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...