Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any tips avoiding the "pink fog"?

Any tips avoiding the "pink fog"?

Whew! For the past week and a half, I have been BLINDED by it! It's all I've been able to think about and I think it even affected my performance at work. Thankfully, today it seemed to die off and I was able to concentrate on pretty much everything else without the thought of dressing getting in the way.

Basically, what I'm asking is...What do you do to keep focused on the stuff that matters? I've never had it this bad before.
    removed

Gold Member
    <Using Karren Hutton voice> "Pack up all your clothing and send them to me and you won't have to worry about it again."

You're stuck honey. Just try and keep your priorities right and treat yourself to a good dress-up whenever you can to ease the thoughts. One of my favorite sayings is that you have to keep a balance between your two selves. The non-dresser side has its needs too.

When all else fails, remember that the job pays for the clothes, shoes, forms, make-up, perfume... and you sure don't want to lose it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    When all else fails, remember that the job pays for the clothes, shoes, forms, make-up, perfume... and you sure don't want to lose it!
    I agree with Sue.
    Unless you plan living the other gender full time , I say that keeping the two halves of you is more or less, a discipline. My job is my reward for being able to CD, but the two are not compatible. I can't even get away with growing my hair past my shoulders like I did in college. I've compartmentalized my femme life by making a home specifically for it. I have a walk-in closet specifically for my outfits (which is actually the 'attic' that is nothing more than an unfisished room next to my upstairs office, and I keep a lot of other clothes there), and a steamer trunk to keep my breast forms and jewelry & shoes. It's not so much about hiding it all, as it's about keeping track of things.

All I know is that wherever one is at the TG spectrum, there is always some level of compromise of some kind. Plan your life for the lang haul, and make adjustments along the way.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    I agree with Sue.
    Unless you plan living the other gender full time , I say that keeping the two halves of you is more or less, a discipline. My job is my reward for being able to CD, but the two are not compatible. I can't even get away with growing my hair past my shoulders like I did in college. I've compartmentalized my femme life by making a home specifically for it. I have a walk-in closet specifically for my outfits (which is actually the 'attic' that is nothing more than an unfisished room next to my upstairs office, and I keep a lot of other clothes there), and a steamer trunk to keep my breast forms and jewelry & shoes. It's not so much about hiding it all, as it's about keeping track of things.

All I know is that wherever one is at the TG spectrum, there is always some level of compromise of some kind. Plan your life for the lang haul, and make adjustments along the way.
    A really great read and (in my opinion) is very helpfull

Former Member
    Remember what's really important in your life and stay busy with it. I find the pink fog sets in when I don't have much going on and have spare time to think about it.

my pink fog comes when I have freetime also.

You've gotten a lot of very good advice and commentary in the previous responses. I don't know how to prevent it, but I think that "compartmentalization" can help you deal with it. I also think that the more you wear your girly outfits just for normal daily dressing, the more comfortable you will be with out being overwhelmed by "the fog."
    Good luck!
    warmly, Linnea

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    <Using Karren Hutton voice> "Pack up all your clothing and send them to me and you won't have to worry about it again."
    I don't even need to post any more! Ha!

But that wouldn't add to my post total!

What I really would have said....

"Take my wife... She can put you into balance and suck all the femininity right out of your sorry existance... Or something like that.. "
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Gold Member
    I just work on the stuff that matters and save the fun stuff for when I have the time. Makes it more special when the urge to dress gets uncontrolable!!

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    HMMMM lets see ways to navigate the pink fog:

You can put pink fog lamps on your car.

Install a pink fog horn on top of your house.

Place pink fog naivigation becons outside your place of employment.

Ultimately it comes down to priorities. Too much of a good thing is always a bad thing. At least that is what my mom used to say. She didn't say it about the pink fog, but at least it sounds like it applies here.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

hmmm...I should tell you what my job is =P

I work undercover loss prevention at a grocery store. My job is to make sure the Health and Beauty Care section isn't stolen! It's very hard looking at all of that stuff and ALSO be able to concentrate!
    removed

I think I am lucky. I usually swing in and out of the pink fog. Some days I really want to while some I cant be bothered.

Lots of love,
    Miss Kara

Well what I do is think of (in my case) Christina as another person and she has to worries about her stuff and (mike) worries about his stuff. So try that it might help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Any tips avoiding the "pink fog"?

you got it hun, better learn to control it for its going to stay with you.

You don't avoid it, you just try to make it a short stay or run out of money and burn the credit cards.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

I think for me at least the "pink fog" helps keep me centered. I walk in and become happy and to be totally honest don't want to leave but have too and that's ok cus I know I can stroll back in whenever I need to.

What works for me

Do a bad just of makeup or really look at yourself critically- the scare this gives me always parts the fog for me.

I find the pink fog occurs when I seem to have some free time and begin to lose my priorities.

I also have found my shopping sprees to become uncontrollable and can mess up my finances. When this happens, I usually begin to trend off realizing that there is such a thing as balance!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"] Be who you are, since that is all who you can be! [/SIZE]

Platinum Member

A rolling Stone gathers No Moss

Hi Aggi
    A rolling CD gathers no pink fog

Orchid

yep

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Aggi
    A rolling CD gathers no pink fog

Orchid
    well put dear.

Karly in East County kayesimone's Avatar
    i stopped fighting it...surrender and convert it to to energy...use it to your advantage...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Timely post - I haven't dressed fully in a few months. Its hard to explain but getting completely dressed felt like allot of work, shopping a bit, putting together an outfit or practicing eyeliner was still fun.

In the past I would throw myself into hobbies or work trying to avoid or deny the "Pink Fog". It always caught up to me and when it did it would kinda take over and my "rolling CD" would get lost in the fog.

Last new years one of my resolutions was to take some "Fem" time every week even if was just to read a fashion magazine or hit the internet a bit. I used to attend a support group and go to the GNO's and found that by staying active I didnt really get the uncontrolable or distracting pink fog.

Sure enough the holidays came I had free time, saw lots of women dressed up whatever the triggers are ; getting dressed didnt feel like work and I had to do it. It felt more like indulging myself a bit, I had makeup techniques to try and outfits to put together. Very relaxing and I enjoyed it allot, after a few sessions its starting to feel like work again.

I can only relate my experience and that would be that I cant avoid a pink fog and I know Ill have another one. I havent figured out any trigger that I can just stay away from. But I have noticed that if I completely stop any CD stuff the Pink Fog is thicker and much more distracting.

So I guess I just prepare for the next one by spending a little time each week. If they ever start coming so far apart that fashions or makeup trends change that would be bad but it hasnt happenned yet. (Also since Im not shopping in a fog I save a ton of money.)

The one piece of advice Ive heard that should work for everyone is this: When your dressed and the fog starts to clear think about what you have been doing since the last one, how long its been and what triggered this one. I found that free time just provided the opportunity, avoiding it created the uncontrollable pink fog.

Cari

There is a special kind of C4 you can plant around Pink Fog to make it dissipate.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'm incredibly new to this concept "pink fog" but I would think that the best way to avoid it is to find a way to be happy and comfortable enough in your day to day routine that dressing isn't such a necessary escape that it consumes your life.

Mary Tyler Moore wannabe MarinaKirax's Avatar
    I get it, too. And it builds. And not in a good way - not like you can keep it at bay by just wearing some sexy panties under your drab clothes. For me, a little nibble doesn't lessen the hunger, it increases it. So I find when I give in a bit, I want to give in all the way, and it becomes obsessive.

I haven't dressed in over a year, but just last week I ordered some clothes by internet, and when I went to pick them up today, I found myself in a department store, with dressing on my mind, and a few hours away from family. BOOM. Feeling exhilirated walking through the womens section, looking at skirts, dresses. One pair of fa alligator high heeled boots, and some 4"heeled Mary Janes, new jeans and a long black Tshirt later, I took stock. Need some black tights, some dark pantyhose, and a new pink bra! BOOM

Now I am obsessed with finding some time to enjoy all these new pretty things, so I know exactly what you mean. I feel your pain, sister
    Last edited by MarinaKirax; 01-02-2010 at 03:55 PM.
    God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I've ever met. Farrah Fawcett