Thread: Just had to share the nice comment

Just had to share the nice comment

Unlike others on this forum like TxKimberly, I usually don't get comments about my clothes. Today, on my way into Mass, the one younger lady that comes to church regularly during the week complimented me on my boots . (They are a pair of 3 inch Nine West black boots I got on sale a while ago.) As I discussed in another thread, I have been going to daily Mass as Leann and all of the regulars seem to accept me and this young lady seems to be among them. Now I have to return the favor when she wears the outfit she wore earlier in the week. Here's what I wore:

IMG_1093a.jpg

Thanks for putting up with my narcissism.

Leann
    Last edited by LeannL; 02-11-2011 at 08:18 AM. Reason: had to add a picture!
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

I wouldn't call it narcissism. Everybody likes to be complimented on their appearance. Rock on, girl !!
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

Leanne,
    I understand the compliment. I love your boots. And you look terrific as well.

I love your outfit.you look very natural.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Leann, 1st of all, great presentation, you are out and about and being accepted....this is the epitomy of "the girl next door" Something I will always strive for. It seems you are there girl.

ohhhh. there isn't a girl among us sisters that does not appreciate a compliment....so don't be beating yourself up...you'll need more make up to hide the black and blue marks

hugs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

A really nice looking outfit!

Compliments always make a girl feel good!
    Hugs, Carole

Far from being narcissistic, it is really nice to hear about your compliment! And you look lovely! Who knows, the next step might be a nice cup of coffee and some girl talk!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Nice outfit. No wonder you were complimented on it!

Michelle

Thanks all. Persephone, I would like to do the cup of cocoa (don't drink coffee) and some girl talk. That is the nice thing about the group at church - they seem to be accepting me for who I am. I don't know if any or all know that I am a CD and, as long as I don't disrupt their spiritual life at church, I don't care.

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Church is really one place where everone should find acceptance.

It's always nice to get a compliment. And it's good to give them, too. It's free, and makes the recipient feel good. So it's a win-win situation. And you deserve some nice compliments, too. I love your skirt, and yes, those are very nice boots.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

You look lovely in that outfit. Glad you fit in so well! You have apparently made some good friends.

I also love the boots. Narcissistic would be dressing just to get compliments. You present yourself exactly the way you look and appear to feel about yourself. Entirely feminine I would say. Whether anyone suspects they are kind not to ask. Not all churches, I am sad to say, would turn the other cheek. I find that to be counter intuitive for a Christian, but some congregations whisper about what so and so wore to church today..... MEOW, they can be so catty sometimes. Enjoy and go with it. Cocoa and girl talk - sounds like you now have a plan. A good friend is worth everything, TTFN.

Danielle Patricia
    Welcome to 2012, only 11 months until the "Mayan" calendar ends, oh my!
    [SIZE="2"]“The Answer to the Great Question Of.....Life, the Universe and Everything.....(is) Forty-two.”[/SIZE]
    Douglas Adams (British comic Writer, 1952-2001)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    & , TTFN
    Danielle Patricia