Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who said you're too tall?

Who said you're too tall?

I regularly read posts where one of the main reasons for not venturing out is you're too tall.

Horsehockey!!

Recent studies show 2-3% of American women are now over 6' tall. Then you read stories about this young woman.
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/n...oE4laLi2PRqB5L

Call her Air Anderson.
    This up-and-coming New Jersey high school basketball player is only 16, but Marvadene Anderson is already a giant on the court. At just under 6-foot-11 -- and still growing -- she's the world's tallest teenage girl.
    The Jamaican-born hoopster, who could tower over legendary ballplayers like Michael Jordan (6-6) and LeBron James (6-8), was the highest-scoring "netball" player in her country -- a sport similar to basketball.
    That on-court prowess earned her a scholarship to Rutgers Prep in Somerset, and for the last two months she's been hitting the hardwood to learn the rules of basketball.
    Christopher Sadowski
    Arielle Sherman, 15, 5'2" (left) and Marvadene "Bubbles" Anderson, 16, 6'11"
    Photos: World's Tallest Teen Basketball Player

The Argonauts center was a standout with her teammates during a practice game Wednesday, where she played alongside pint-sized point guard Arielle Sherman, 15, who at 5-foot-2 barely reaches Anderson's elbow.

Anderson uses her size to intimidate her opponents, block shots and make easy layups.
    "Everyone has come up to me and asked if I play college basketball. I told them I'm only a sophomore in high school. They gasped when I told them," Anderson said.
    The gal giant, whose family remained in Jamaica, was taken in by Enid Angus, who discovered her talents.
    "She's my heart. I committed to treating her like my own," she told the Asbury Park Press.
    Anderson said she got her nickname "Bubbles" because of her good humor.
    "People are friendly with me because of my height and my personality. If I was tall and mean, I think I'd have a problem," she said.
    The biggest problem "Bubbles" seems to have is adjusting to the cold weather and finding clothes and shoes to fit her 210-pound frame and size-12 feet.
    As a schoolgirl back home, Marvadene confessed, she was teased a lot.
    "They call me 'baby giant,' and my older sister Kimberly is 6-foot-4. They call us the Twin Towers," she said.
    "The rudest thing anybody ever said about my height is that I'm not going to be able to find a husband."
    Rutgers coach Mary Coyle-Klinger and her sister, former WNBA coach Pat Coyle, have been working with their new star. Anderson picked up six points in her first game on Dec. 10 and Coyle-Klinger was not disappointed.
    "Of course she is going to be a star," she said. "She's a natural. She's only been playing two months and it's amazing how well she's adapted."
    perry.chiaramonte@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/n...#ixzz0aMoflnKx

No more using "I'm too tall" as an excuse please.

-Pam-
    Just another 6'5" woman in the world
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

You tell'em Pam.
    No matter what your height, somewhere there is someone taller and someone shorter.

Fabulous gurls come is all heights, besides all the gurls here; for example femulate.org has an extensive list of 'Famous Females of Height'
    No closet is big enough!

If it makes you feel good--go out. It's not your size that matters it's how you feel inside.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Yeah, but does she wear 4" stilleto's???

Just asking????
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

O.K., this is slightly off-topic...

...and may sound a bit catty, but I'm seeing another example here of the old "vanity sizing" phenomenon so prevalent among GG's when it comes to admitting their true weight and/or clothing size.

Take a good look at the young Miss Anderson. Not exactly a poster child for anorexia or bulimia, and actually quite solidly built. And yet, despite being 6' 11'' tall, she allegedly weighs only 210 lbs.

Yes, I believe that, assuming of course that she keeps one foot off the scale when she gets weighed, or else inhales a lung full of helium first .

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry-Stephanie View Post
    Yeah, but does she wear 4" stilleto's???

Just asking????
    If she doesn't, I'd still say that the 6'9" woman pictured here wears them pretty well.

http://thechive.com/2009/11/26/new-p...hotos-1-video/

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I am 5'11" and it doesn't prevent me from going out, but like Sherry pointed out if I wear anything over a 2" heel I feel like Sheena Queen of the Amazonians.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

I see your point. But, 97% of gg's are much shorter. I have seen two very tall black ladies, in stores, lately. One, may have been a tg, or cd. I am 6'6", and as a guy, i get asked almost daily about my height. If i stick out, as a guy, how much more, when dressed as a lady, in heels!! The several times i have been out, i was read often, not all the time. When your this tall, it is hard to blend in.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    I am 5'11" and it doesn't prevent me from going out, but like Sherry pointed out if I wear anything over a 2" heel I feel like Sheena Queen of the Amazonians.
    Sheena Queen of the Amazonians, lol.......

5'11" is how tall I am when I wear my 4" heels, doesn't bother me. I've seen taller women without heels!
    [SIZE="2"]
    Hugs,
    Tiffany

My facebook: www.facebook.com/ladysnow71

[/SIZE]

our 20 year old daughter is 6ft and has no problems.

I had no problems being accepted when I was 22/23 (1980+-) as a 6ft tall woman. Course, I weighed only 120# back then and 2" heels on anything was about the only shoe you could find in a size 12!

Jenn

No need to go to extremes.......

As it's clear this young lady is a "giant" for her gender. However, there are a few tall women out there, and I am always intrigued when I see one that is taller than me (6'2"), especially if she is attractive. The fact is that tall women DO exist, and if you are tall, and want to fit in, it is possible, as long as you dress appropriately for the occasion and "own" your height. Keep your head up, make eye contact, smile, and walk like a woman, and chances are, you will be percieved as such. People will stare, but they do that with GG's who are tall also, and who cares if they do! It's a free country and you can legally dress as you please.

Suzanne
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

I'm 6'0", I go out, and I feel a little out of size for my femme self, but I'm really quite comfortable with it now (I used to be self-conscious about my height).
    Whether or not there are more tall women, it does come down to how one feels about herself.
    warmly, Linnea

I am big for a man, enormous for a woman. Occasionally I see women as tall as I am, frequently see women as obese as I am but very rarely both as tall and as big--at least outside of the zoo.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I'd love to be with a GG who was as tall or taller than me. Wouldn't bother me in the least. I find tall/plus-size women (not huge though) to be my greatest attraction.

I checked out the link to Eve the model. WOW!!
    Her pictures with the guy make her look like a monster. Too much domination & showing off.
    But then I kept going down the page & saw her with the other babe. She is super pretty in those pictures!!
    Just to ask, does anyone think she is/was a man? Or whether her breast are real or fake?

Totally forgot about the beginning post.
    I sure hope that beautiful young lady finds a great man to treat her well, whatever his size.

height

I am 6'3 and dress to go out shopping from time to time. Noone really looks twice at me when shopping or having lunch. However because of my height I wear flats when I go out. Janet

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I anyone thinks that GG girls do not come in very large/tall variaties, "Wendy Williams" is a prime example of how a large woman can carry herself in a very feminine manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniela76 View Post
    But then I kept going down the page & saw her with the other babe. She is super pretty in those pictures!!
    Just to ask, does anyone think she is/was a man? Or whether her breast are real or fake?
    I'm sure that there are those who would (AFIK incorrectly) make those assumptions, but I doubt anyone would make those accusations to her face ^_^

Having worked in retail for ages i can confirm that there really are some very tall girls out there,,,i'm 6"1 and there have been plenty of girls that i've served who are taller than me, which was a nice comfort at the time!! The truth is, there's no such thing as too tall, as has been said by those far more clever than me,,,it's all attitude. Act as though you belong and people will presume you do. This girl is clearly out of the range of what is considered 'normal', but she seems really really happy,,good for her!
    x flic x

I sometimes think I'm to tall, poppycock I know, becasue I see lot's of biiiig girls and taaaaall one's too. And I check their action and how they work that height, and you know what? I think being "model'' tall has it's attvantage's. I really own the room when I walk into, though I suspect that's more demeanor than height. But I'd rather be statuesque, than a wallflower. Confidence IS the best accessory. Carol

As a tall girl of 6-3 in my bare feet I still have no problem as a girl. Now as an employee of a university and working in the athletic arena I see a lot of women who are much taller and when they dress up in heels, well let's say they have a very good vantage point when they look down. Amazon? you bet.

Teri

i saw Nicole Kidman on TV this morning and noticed how much taller she was then the male show host. So i looked up her height, she is 5' 10 and 1/2" and she was wearing about a 3-4" heel.

lets see.. im 6'4" wear a womens 12 and weigh 205.. i could see a girl her size weighing 210, because she didnt look overly large in terms of broad and wide.. i suspect issues are length, and shoes, but size 12 really isnt that challenging, just go to a mens 10 or 10.5 and the possibilities are endless for athletic shoes, but i would imagine a prom dress and nice cute shoes are like i have found slightly out of the "ordinary" size range found in most places.... i was in vegas thjis weekend and at the mirage at the cirque de solet there was a group of girls that were 6'5"+ one of which was very pretty, skinny, and might have been a size 3 or 4. and appeared to be 100% natural body with estimated 34d's that were "perfect" so there are few around... but 7' is definatly larger than average..

At 6'8" I don't see it that I'm too tall, more like standing out in a crowd.

I'm a mere 5' 10" and it used to really worry me. Now I find it an advantage to be tall and slim. The secret, whatever your height walk tall; as tall as you can.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/