Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who said you're too tall?

Tell me, do you think this girl stands out in a crowd because of her height or is it something else? The caption reads, "Would you date a 320lb woman?"

7'4" 320lbs
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NOT your girl next door!

I just went out

I was out this last week and I am 6'4". I have some very nice flat boots that I wear with the right fashion to tame it all down and until someone is right next to me they rarely know how tall I am. I do draw a bit of attention, but being a guy in a dress I am super sensitive to the looks. I feel that I blend pretty well and it may be a bit of an advantage because being taller allows for more masculine attrabutes to be forgiven. (just the way I think)

I would love to be shorter but I am happy to be dressed and out.

BWOemerger

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    I'm about 6'0'', and last week, I was dressed as masculine as can be, and someone at a store called me ma'am. It was quite nice as it was the second time someone has called me ma'am when I'm not wearing a unisex work uniform. It is however, the first time that I am sure the person wasn't drunk.

Golly, suddenly I feel short. As a GG I'm just a little taller than average - 5'7" or around 6 feet tall in a good pair of heels. The only people who have ever made an issue of my height sounded like they were just being insecure.

When I see a tall woman, I can't help staring... not because she looks odd or anything. It's because she looks so beautiful.

Heroine of Silmaria Elsa von Spielburg's Avatar
    Ya'll got me beat. At 5'10, I'm typically taller than most my friends and feel quite tall in my heels. Gaining a little perspective after reading this helps.

I am six foot two inches in my bare feet and have always been nervous about going out in public. This thread gives me a little encouragement to venture out in the world.
    Thank you, to all that have responded.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey Green View Post
    Tell me, do you think this girl stands out in a crowd because of her height or is it something else? The caption reads, "Would you date a 320lb woman?"

7'4" 320lbs
    Could stand under them to stay dry, but more her height. Who wouldn't date her?

tall

I am 6'3 180 and go out shopping at malls and have lunch at restauants. I dress very consertively and noone looks twice at me. I seem to blend in and occasionally when at a cosmetic counter i think the woman can tell I am a man as I have to speak and the voice isnt all that feminine (a whisper) but I am treated will and people just walk by and dont look twice. You may want to go to a dept store and walk around a few times during the day time and see that it is easy to blend. Of course I do wear flats.
    Janet

I have always been the "same" physically since high school. 5'10" and about 155lbs.

I got out the tape measure the other day, and with a level on my head, marked my height on the wall. Guess what, I am 5'8" tall, lol.

So, what does that mean? Bad part is that I guess you do "shrink" with age. I was hoping the same happened with age...you know...each year you get a little younger. Not the case, unfortunately...

Good news is that in heels, I tend to "blend in" when in a crowd. Well, I mean in my house, anyway. lol

The journey has begun.... Regina's Avatar
    I used to worry about my height (5'10")...but then my niece entered puberty and started growing. She's 15 now and is the same height as me and a size 9 shoe. When she wears 4" heels she towers over me and everyone else. I work with a woman who is the same height and roughly the same build as myself....she stays in shape and is a natural beauty. These two have pretty much ended any fear I had of my own height.

I was out last Sunday and said the heck with it I no longer care about my height, I spent about an hour walking around downtown Columbus in 4" heels, what a great feeling!....man I was sore the next day though.
    Regina

How about the opposite end of the spectrum! When I was a freshman in high school, I was 4'8" and 75 lbs. Kind of hard to be a macho dude when Keebler elves are taller. I graduated at 5'7" 125 lbs and stopped growing at 5'8" and weigh 160 lbs, people still call me skinny. I guess looking back, I must have been a stick figure.
    NOT your girl next door!

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Thats what I have been saying for years!! also the social group for those of us who are tall http://tall.org/ I am 6'8" abd 6'11" in heels.

Victoria, you could play center in the WNBA! I always wanted to be 6ft. I would have been happy there. Now I have to put on my 4 in. heels to reach my life dream!
    NOT your girl next door!

There's a thread on Makeuptalk about women wearing heels and being tall.. And almost to a person (me being the odd girl out). All replys were who cares how tall you are.. Wear what you want.. If women feel that way then why shouldn't we??
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I'm 5'15" in my stocking feet...And I always wear heels when I go out...Nice thing about being in Texas...6'+ GG's are a dime a dozen ... I'm here with my GG friend Emmy...We've been called "twins" on occasion....I got the height and she got the green eyes..... [/SIZE]

kendraemmy2.jpg

http://kendra954.com
    [SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

I'm 6'1 and often see GGs taller than me in New Look (as it has a tall section). Also there's a pair of girls around 6'5 that go to a club I go to, though I'm not sure if they're genetic