Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: workout and diet suggestions

workout and diet suggestions

Hi,

I am a new member of the forum (this is my first post).

I was wondering what type of diet and exercise would you recommend to develop a more feminine body?

I am 5 7 and 150 lbs. I already have pretty low body fat but I would like to lower it even more.

At the same time I would like see if there are things i can do at the gym or in my diet to look more feminine.

I am hoping for the "real hot 30 yr old chick" look

Well welcome... And you can diet to look thinner.. Which can be more fem.. Weight goes on and comes off where it wants to... You can exersize to tone but do not over do the arm muscles... Palitaes and arobics are best.. in my humble opinion. Personally I play ice hockey which builds up the lower body and not the upper... Running and jogging are both good... If you could just exersize and diet to look fem... They wouldn't make shape wear! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I agree with Karren. You can get into better shape, which will make you feel much more confident in yourself and have more energy. If you have a low bmi (what most women worry about) all you really need to do is work on muscle tone. So pretty much do low intensity exercise for longer periods of time, such as aerobics or jogging instead of heavy weight training. If you go to the gym and see what the other women are doing, its probably a safe bet that those are the exercises you want to be doing. Hope this helps!

Gold Member
    5'7" and 150? Gyod woman Just how much more do you hope to lose?
    OK anyways for diet - well, someone else can handle that but for exercise -

If you can stand the boring rigor of an exercise machine, don't buy a new one, find a used one off something like craigslist. Used exercise equipment *isn't* really used. Someone bought it new, assembled it, used it ONCE, and then it became a clothing rack. So basically for a discount you get a new and pre-assembled machine. People sell stuff cause they don't use it. If the seller is some fat person, you know for God-honest truth it never got used for more than 20 minutes.

OR - if you can deal with the weather, maybe buy a cheap MP3 player and go out for walks, maybe like an hour at a time or a few miles. The music should be something that gets you moving. I am sure songs like "I am an old lonely cowboy" are fine to relax to but for the MP3, something that moves your butt. I used to like to walk 4 miles a day, 3 to 5 times a week.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Thanks for the tips. And thanks Nicole, you made me blush and laugh.

I just want to get to a point where my belly looks the way I like. It is pretty close, but i wanna lose the damn love handles

I never really thought about watching the other women in the gym to learn what they do. That is a great idea. I also did some search and see that swimming is recommended. I would love to do that but I would be too afraid my shaved legs will be noticed by a coworker or employee.

Smile

best two low to no impact is road biking, and cross training on a Mt bike.
    as long as you do not crash it is a no impact.
    both types of riding are deffernt. one is short burst of all then rest, other is long time at set pace.
    swiming is the best (laps) but works the upper body.

jogging kills the knees and ankles. running is far better, fast walking is also better than jogging. look at a slow motion side view of the body on all three strides. jogging has a very hard impact to the joints.

what you want and need to to get your hart rate up to 80% of max, and hold.
    your max is not the same as others.

as you get better your body works easer = more done less effert.

From experience.. The love handles are the last to go if they go at all.. I've been thinking liposuction because mine refuse to leave but I'm not 150... When I get less than 170 I feel bad.. Ill or not healthy... So there is a too thin limit there.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yoga, leg raises, and running outside, and hula hoop.

Running on a treadmill is OK but not as good as outdoor running.

You don't need to do any arm exercises.

Welcome!

I'm 5'7" and 130lbs. I live on the beach so its swimming for me, roller blades and cycling. I do aerobics as well. As for my diet, I don't drink soda, eat a lot of fiber and natural foods. I don't microwave my food at all and I mostly watch my portions.

Instead of a bag of potato chips, I get a small bowl, put a few in. Tricks the mind into thinking your eating more than you are. And I eat a lot of fruits and drink a lot of water. I eat my heaviest meal in the middle of the day. My doctor told me by doing this its easier on the body as you get older to digest food and burn the fat and he also said that eating smaller meals through out the day keeps you full longer and you digest better. Seems to be working. Activity and low impact exercises seem to help.

Hope this helps you some!
    [SIZE="2"]
    Hugs,
    Tiffany

My facebook: www.facebook.com/ladysnow71

[/SIZE]

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Stay away from anything that works the biceps and shoulders to reduce the V frame. I love running, but the girls are right there are other lower impact aerobic methods out there. Yoga, martial arts, or ballet for flexability and plenty of core exercises for your low back and abs.

Karren said it the love handles are the last to go and sometimes they never go. I personally like the zone diet and have been doing it for over a year. It is the perfect balance of fats, carbs and protien. You won't loose weight just by being on the zone but you will find you will have the energy to work out and burn off the extra calories.

If all else fails slip on your short shorts, head band and leg warmers; grab a Richard Simmons tape; flip through those darn Deal a Meal cards and get after it girlfriend!
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Thanks a lot for the tips ladies.

I spent an hour on the treadmill today. It felt great. Espcially listening to some upbeat tunes like "These Boots Were Made for Walking" really got me going.

Anyway, I really appreciate all the suggestions.

I personally like most floor and Pilates exercises that focus on the core,they're all about keeping your core engaged while exercising all the other muscles in your body,that way your core gets a workout no matter what exercise your'e performing.Try it while speed walking or running,it takes a bit of concentration at first to keep them engaged.

There is a really informative website called shapefit.com that covers many pilates moves,a lot of them are helpful for love handles.

pole dancing........ i spent an hr in total awe of one girl at one of the vegas clubs on saturday... she was a "bigger girl" as in tall, shapely, but was she ever toned and in shape.... in 4" boots she was atleast 6'3" but there wasnt an ounce of excess fat on her body anywhere defined 6 pack, arm and leg muscles but not bulky or intrusive to a female figure. , she danced for atleast an hr, she was sweaty from the lights above her but even after a constant hr of very dificult and very intence dance workout she wasnt even really out of breath... and after a 5 min break i saw her getting back up for more, so id place exotic dance on the list of things that really work....

I can't really offer any suggestions that haven't already been made. Just wanted to 2nd or maybe 3rd the part about not working heavy on the shoulders and biceps/triceps. I'm in a wheelchair and push all the time, so I look like a slightly pudgy linebacker with wheels attached to my butt.

Now, if only I can lose the pudgy part.

Gold Member
    Yeah it is best to get lost in your music and forget about the exercise.
    Well of course keep rhythm and be safe but get lost in your music and you cannot help but move.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

The me I want to be ... Elaine Marlowe's Avatar
    For me, nothing burns calories (and keeps weight off) like long distance running. As for tightening up the waistline, I've found that stomach crunches work best. I love running but I hate doing crunches ... sigh.

It's easy - eat less, move more.

It is all about calories honestly, it doesn't matter if those calories are from fat, or protein, or carbohydrate, or gum drops - as long as you burn more of them in a day than you consume, you will loose weight. Granted, you will feel better with a healthy diet, but if weight loss is your only goal, you CAN do it eating nothing but bonbons. About 5 a day.

If you are smart you will do something that is aerobic, builds long, lean muscle and is no impact, like swimming, and avoid the things that pound your joints, like running. But you can never convince runners of that. About the worst thing you can do is something like free weights that build bulky muscle.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

I am in the process of loosing weight, and finally becoming more feminine. Everyone herehas posted good advice. What I would like to add is more philosophical.

It was an attitude change that hit me.

I observed the fit and healthy women around me and I knew I wanted to be like them, then it dawned on me that I had to eat, live, and excercise like them. It was that simple.

So I when I eat a meal I think to myself is this the meal a healthy women would eat?

When I skip my excercise at lunch I think, girl you need to get out here.

So it is in a way anothe facet to crossdressing, I am cross-living orcross eating or excercising. oh I am starting to ramble but you get the idea

IME the last 10 pounds are the toughest to lose. It requires a pretty comprehensive regimen -- careful diet control and 90 minutes of exercise 5 times a week. Lots of aerobic, some high-rep strength conditioning. You didn't say how old you are, but if you are 30-ish you should be able to achieve a low BMI without a lot of difficulty. As you get older, things like love handles become very difficult to conquer. In fact, I consider myself to be well-versed and experienced in this sort of thing, and yet I've come to the conclusion that I'd have to hire a personal trainer to get the waist shape I want, but I'm not at all sure how successful that would be either.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

it's all in the core....

I see exercises for the CORE online all the time, and I'm sure they all work if you keep at them. Running is terrific, as is roller blading (and roller blading has lower impact).

The diet key is to keep yourself to a balanced diet while slowly decreasing portion size. I you don't keep up the exercise and decrease the portion size you will just gain the weight back, and that's no fun.

I do know this works! Lost 35 pounds and haven't gained an ounce back in 3 years.!

tina

At 150 you don't need to lose weight you only have to maintain it. Long walks are great for those that don't really want to exercise. Aerobics are the best choice.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

I have played tennis and martial arts since I was 8 years old. It works for me. My weight has not varied more than 5 lbs since high-school (long time ago).

I figured out quickly that sitting at a computer is this century's version of being a "couch potatoe" and almost attracts fat like a magnet.

I stopped playing tennis for awhile, but put up a mini backboard on my screened porch under the sundeck. I use it about 30 min a day.

I have never had to diet, and do not have a clue how to do that. But I always figured it would be easy. You just have all of your teeth pulled...lol

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    I have never had to diet, and do not have a clue how to do that. But I always figured it would be easy. You just have all of your teeth pulled...lol
    You have obviously never had a milkshake.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

The reneereyes.com website details a good regimine for achieving the fem body look. Plus tons of other good info.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

I don't think anyone else mentioned it, but alchohol, especially beer, can really put on the pounds. My belly went away within months of quiting drinking.

I think, but don't have any evidence except my own experience, that walking and biking are excellent exercise. I live in a big city and don't own a car. People tell me I have nice legs - maybe pushing a 40YO Schwinn around has something do with it?

Good Luck!

Ann / SS

PS - think about going veg - better for you all around!