Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: workout and diet suggestions

I like my butt (it is fairly full and round) and I really dont want it to become 'flat'. what i really wanna do is get thinner in the waist, tone in the legs without getting big muscles, but keep my round butt. - not even sure if that is possible -

I see some gg's at the gym working on something that looks like walking up the stairs, 2-3 stairs at a time. (it is kind of like an elliptical, except the feet go up and down much further, not sure how else to explain, it is not a stairmaster) I have never used that, but I wonder if it would be a good idea. but again i dont wanna lose my butt, i wanna lose my belly

so far i am sticking to the treadmill. it is funny since i joined this forum and heard from you girls, I am a lot more motivated to go. (i have gone everyday since joining the forum!)

My morning routine includes a "workout with the girls" (of course dressed for the occasion!). I'm a big Denise Austin fan, so I use her dvd's on yoga (Yoga Body Burn) and aerobics (Cardio Blast), sometime pilates. I've had high blood pressure recently from a hi stess job, and they help bring it down. So I'm holding at 150 or so (5' 9). Starts the day off right!

Skirtsuit is right about the beer -- need to cut back on that!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I would guess at the most you just need to tone up a bit. I can't imagine 150 being bad at 5'7". But of course it might fem ya up even more if you can lose more...just not sold on that.

One mistake I see CDs sometimes lose too much weight. They get a triangle body shape going. Shoulders stay a bit big and they have tiny butts and skinny legs. Keep trying till ya hit the perfect weight. Depends on your bone structure.

By the way one more warning...the older ya get the more wrinkles show up if you are skinny. Gain weight and the fat cells under your skin seem to minimize those pesky wrinkles. Two edged sword and all that.