Thread: Eyebrows in drab

Eyebrows in drab

I wear girls low rise jeans, panties, bra, girls tops all the time. I also have long acrylic nails and thin shaped eyebrows, for those of you that have waxed eyebrows and long nails do you think other gg's notice. I have had seceral comments about how "pretty" my nails are and some girls at work have asked me about waxing their eyebrows, where and how much does it cost.

Eyebrows

My wife never had her brows waxed until I did it. I guess she liked the look.
    Susan

I don't wax my eyebrows, but I do regularly pluck them into a thin arch. I have had a few comments over the years, and one time a GG said they looked perfect so I must pluck them. I think a fair few passport control officers at airports must have noticed too as my passport photo was taken almost a decade ago before I started plucking! I've never had any negative comments though in 3 jobs so anyone thats considering it - go for it!
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Of course they notice. Women notice everything.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Women certainly notice things like plucked or trimmed or waxed eyebrows. I've waxed mine a couple of times, but I didn't get any comments.
    warmly, Linnea

I've only had a few comments, generally from colleagues about both nails and eyebrows,,,i honestly think i draw so little interest at work that nobody scrutinises me in any way, let alone to look at my eyebrows! I'm fairly quiet and reserved, and so if people do notice they don't say much,,,perhaps because i have a reputation as being a bit sensitive.
    x flic x

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    It gets noticed, but normally GGs that don't know the femme side of you chalk it up to good grooming.

My wife and I were at a dinner party for her work. One of the other wives commented to her husband at the party that she wished he put the effort into his looks that I did. Awkward!
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

I still have to work on getting mine thinner. I use to have a unibrow that Groucho Marks could hide behind. I have slowly taken them down but not fast enough. Time to just do it.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar
    The only time I got comments was when I first plucked mine... the ex wife knew right away. Since then, I get them waxed about once a month... so far, if anyone's noticed, no one has said anything... people tend to notice the shaved legs first... I just tell them it's a personal grooming decision.

Eyebrows in drab

of course women notice those things, I have never waxed my eyebrows but have plucked them a lot,

Quote Originally Posted by KateW View Post
    I don't wax my eyebrows, but I do regularly pluck them into a thin arch. I have had a few comments over the years, and one time a GG said they looked perfect so I must pluck them. I think a fair few passport control officers at airports must have noticed too as my passport photo was taken almost a decade ago before I started plucking! I've never had any negative comments though in 3 jobs so anyone thats considering it - go for it!
    The good news is that if you are a U.S. citizen, your passport must be close to expiry based on what you say, as it is only good for 10 years there. So very soon, your passport photo will better resemble today's "you", once you renew it. That actually reminds me of one of humorist and author Erma Bombeck's more famous lines, wherein she said that you know it is time to come home from your vacation when you start to look like your passport photo

Consider yourself lucky, though - we Canadians have to renew ours every 5 years, making that just another tax grab, IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    It gets noticed, but normally GGs that don't know the femme side of you chalk it up to good grooming.

My wife and I were at a dinner party for her work. One of the other wives commented to her husband at the party that she wished he put the effort into his looks that I did. Awkward!
    Not nearly as awkward as if she had seen your shaved chest, arms, and legs as well. Either you would have had some serious "...'splainin' to do, Lucy", or else that poor schmuck would have been royally screwed the way you would have then raised the grooming bar for him !

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joan47 View Post
    .... do you think other gg's notice?
    Yes they do! How you've described yourself and what you like to wear is so similar to me in my boy mode too! I have had quite a few comments from GGs in lots of places that I've been to about my nails and where do I go for my manicures etc? Only a couple of times have guys (and only guys at work too) have commented on my nails. To date, no one has mentioned my thinly plucked eyebrows (yet) but I think that's because they are naturally quite light in color and I only wear eyebrow pencil in girl mode.

I must admit, being fairly open about expressing my feminine side publicly in boy mode by use of my clothes and feminine grooming, and then getting encouraging or inquisitive comments from GGs, it just makes my day!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Yes thet do, particularly with long nails. I have had many comments. I actually get my eyebrows threaded rather than waxed. It seems to last longer.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

A lot of swimmers shave their legs, when noticed, I say I got tired of having them ripped out by my wet suit. (diver here)

If you look around not all GG have thin eyebrows, but the secret is to be well groomed and that goes for guys and girls.

I started plucking mine earlier this year and no-one has noticed (see later). But then again they are not overly thin just tidy with a slight arch.

As for noticing. Do we know if they are not being noticed or a people just too busy or too polite to comment. At the end of the day it matters little providing you feel comfortable.

I don't seem to have this problem. My eyebrows are so thin to begin with. I have to do a fill in when I dress.

Transgender MtFNOp AShley AShes's Avatar
    I have plucked for the last 4 years and shave my body for the last 10 years. No one but a two ladies at work has said anything and I work with allot of ex-military personnel at my job to.
    The two worked part time in the salon fields while working there and think that I do wonders for being a male and asked where I learned it. Self-taught and reading books.
    After about a year of working with them they know everything about me and have met me at our local club.
    The general public, well, I never had any issues at all even while swimming as a guy, this includes going to the doctors where I thought I might have an issue but nope.
    The new nurse’s aid was like “Oooo, shaved for me today huh?” and we laughed.
    My wife loves it when I shaved and she helps out cleaning up my brows and I hers.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I keep my brows trimmed with Sephora eyebrow scissors and then pluck a few hairs to keep them looking neat. I bought the scissors a year ago and have found they are a great way to keep my brows trimmed.
    Dana Ryan

I've tried it, it's fun

I recently started going to an asian salon.

The first time, I thought she asked if I wanted my eyebrows washed. I thought, "What a luxurious experience, why not..."

I was a little surprised when the hot wax started, but went with it.

It was fun, and I enjoyed it.

She doesn't do them thin, just keeps them well groomed, which is the secret.

It does leave your face red for a few hours, so don't do it over lunch!