Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another take on why people insult TG.

Gold Member

Another take on why people insult TG.

Most of us have had this pleasure...
    In fact my latest one was the new hick neighbors were mocking me. Yeah I was coming in the house from my car and one of them was prancing up and down the sidewalk. Then him and some other guy started talking like they were gay. I just nodded and was like "How is it going?"
    Well these guys have accents like Larry the cable guy.
    Gyod our haters always seem to have that accent...

TG have many thoughts why people mock or hate us. But here is what I have concluded -

People that act like that probably truely do have some type of learning disorder. I cannot keep up with the latest names for it but I think maybe they suffer Down's syndrome. I mean they just don't know any better, much like a puppy doesn't know any better when it pees on the carpet. You get madder than hell at the puppy but you can't really punish it for not knowing any better.

I know it is aggrivating to get insulted when you get read, but what I am asking is to practice a little extra patience with society's slower memebers like the ones who think mocking or insulting us is OK. They have learning disabilities, they know that. They don't know any better. Many times they don't have all their teeth, or clean clothes, or an ability to articulate....

I am getting better. I used to hate my neighbors but I finally realised they are just imbeciles who should be felt sorry for.

This heart-felt thought was brought to you from the loving, compassionate, sensitive Erin
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

They aren't intelligent enough to have a learning disorder or such like.
    This simple fact is they are just MORONS....Nothing more, nothing less!!!

What was the scripture? "forgive them father for they know not what they do?" We are the bigger people on the inside. Carol

greensboro nc, wilmington nc, and in the fantasy land of your mind
    its a proven fact that most are scared of that which they do not understand. we seem to be the most misunderstood population around.
    when in doubt, dress

They always seem to speak in four letter words. That should be a sign of thier mentality.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

theres this guy in my class in trade school thats the same way, he automatically thinks im gay just cause i cd. even tho all the girls tell him im not and i do to. hes close minded poor fool

People insult others because of their own low self esteem and they think by putting down others, they boost their own clueless ego's.

So now they think they have gained something which we all know is utter BS.

This type of behavior is rampant and I know I am sometimes guilty of it as well and continue to work on improving myself.

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar
    Being an uncle to a Down's Child... I think a Down's child would be the LAST one to mock us... their heart's are pure, and see no difference. If people mock us, it's due to ignorance, fear or insecurity in their own sexuality.

Yeah, well, that stuff usually goes over my head and gets lost to me anyway Nicole. I Usually have places to go and better things to do.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Time wasted on fools is time wasted.

And I come from Larry The Cable Guy country. I don't tok lak that t'all. Git'er Done.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Nicole you have the right attitude. We can't cower and hide when insulted like we are doing something wrong, but as you demonstrate we should take the high road.

People mock what they don't know and unfortunately because of it they close so many doors that could offer them a much more fulfilling and well rounded life. I also feel sorry for them.

I also agree with Alicia. This has nothing to due with mental capacity. I have been blessed to work with Adult Mentally Handicapped and they are the most accepting loving people I have ever been around. I would classify the people you are describing Nicole as ignorant.

Unfortunately, history has proven that ignorant people breed.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

In Prison, I understand that all The Other Cons just want to kill The Child Molester. It's not particularly related to his transgressions; it just gives them a chance to gain some form of dubious self-respect cause' they can actually "look down" on someone else.

These guys are probably working on a similar scenario: "I think your contemptible, and I know your worthy of my hatred, even though I could be on Springer's Show and am The Product of a lot of in-breeding."

Please be careful, they tend to escalate. Especially if your not giving them The Satisfaction of acting guilty and wretched! Locks on your doors, A cell phone, and perhaps a way to protect yourself might be in order.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Time wasted on fools is time wasted.
    Right. Two people never worth arguing with: morons & crazies.

And I come from Larry The Cable Guy country. I don't tok lak that t'all. Git'er Done.
    I'm sorry, could you repeat that in English?
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

As Ron White says, " You can't fix stupid."

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    People that act like that probably truely do have some type of learning disorder. I cannot keep up with the latest names for it but I think maybe they suffer Down's syndrome. I mean they just don't know any better, much like a puppy doesn't know any better when it pees on the carpet. You get madder than hell at the puppy but you can't really punish it for not knowing any better.
    I find your Down syndrome reference highly insulting, and even more unintelligent and ignorant than the insults directed to CDs and TGs you are referring to.

TGs and CDs are maybe harder to understand. Not even us can understand it completely, and many people react based on their deep ignorance about the subject. The media doesn't help either since there is not a single positive portrait of CDs or TGs, other than mediocre comedies.

But knowing a little about Down syndrome is just about having just a very little amount of education and common sense.

Most of us have had this pleasure...
    In fact my latest one was the new hick neighbors were mocking me. Yeah I was coming in the house from my car and one of them was prancing up and down the sidewalk. Then him and some other guy started talking like they were gay. I just nodded and was like "How is it going?"
    Well these guys have accents like Larry the cable guy.
    Gyod our haters always seem to have that accent...

TG have many thoughts why people mock or hate us. But here is what I have concluded -

I know it is aggrivating to get insulted when you get read, but what I am asking is to practice a little extra patience with society's slower memebers like the ones who think mocking or insulting us is OK. They have learning disabilities, they know that. They don't know any better. Many times they don't have all their teeth, or clean clothes, or an ability to articulate....

I am getting better. I used to hate my neighbors but I finally realised they are just imbeciles who should be felt sorry for.

This heart-felt thought was brought to you from the loving, compassionate, sensitive Erin
    It is amazing that there are people out there who don't have the slightest clue to what they are saying, they just feel like they need to vent their anger and frustration by lashing out at others.

Which is exactly what you have done, Nicole! Sorry to inform you, but your post is little more than a bigoted screed, lashing out at anyone and everyone you don't happen to like, or, even worse, that you don't happen to understand.

KarenCDFL said it very well in her post, "People insult others because of their own low self esteem and they think by putting down others, they boost their own clueless ego's."

It isn't your annoyance at those who were making fun of you that is the problem. Certainly, you are entitled to that.

But let's just see where it takes you.

"People that act like that probably truely do have some type of learning disorder."

Sorry, but the clinical definition of "learning disorders" constitutes a particular and reasonably well-defined set of conditions that have nothing to do with the behavior that you witnessed.

Very real people suffer from these disorders which make their lives difficult. They are as worthy of your tolerance, and perhaps even your respect, as anyone else you might encounter.

The specific definitions of these disorders are beyond the scope of what needs to be posted here, but you might want to run the term through a search engine before you toss these conditions around.

Actually, if you have some spare time, there are a number of programs for learning disabled individuals that would welcome your help as a volunteer. You can check out the opportunities by contacting the Learning Disabilities Association of Indiana.

"I cannot keep up with the latest names for it but I think maybe they suffer Down's syndrome."

If you can't keep up with things, then maybe you shouldn't toss terms around. Down's Syndrome is a genetic condition caused by the presence of one too many chromosomes on pair 21. It results in a number of specific mental and physical issues.

As Alicia lynn has pointed out, Down's Syndrome children and adults are often known for their cheerful attitudes and their open acceptance of others, it actually seems to be a part of their syndrome.

Again, a few minutes with a search engine will provide you with some definitions, but going down and spending a few hours as a volunteer would really open your eyes and your heart.

You can contact Down's Syndrome Indiana at http://www.dsindiana.org. You might want to sign up to take part in their annual fundraiser, the "Buddy Walk," which will next take place in October of 2010. I'm sure they'd accept you if you choose to walk en femme.

I could go on and on to parse your post, finding errors along with your out-and-out bigotry, but, hopefully, I have made the point.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Pot calling the kettle black I think.

I have to agree with Petite and Persephone. Your willingness to put the learning disabled in the same category with these idiots says a lot about you. It just goes to show that bigots are everywhere. Seems like there are more than a couple of insensitive types living on your block.
    Last edited by kellycan27; 12-22-2009 at 09:59 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Are some of these people trying to drag someone down to their level. Caution may be in order, with a bit of liquid courage some of these people might do something to confirm their stupidity.

Words to live by: "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with years of experience."

You definitely did the right thing. Since I've never gone out dressed, I havn't been targeted by such ridicule, but I imagine I'll be subject to it when I do get around to going out.
    removed

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar

?

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    It is amazing that there are people out there who don't have the slightest clue to what they are saying, they just feel like they need to vent their anger and frustration by lashing out at others.

Which is exactly what you have done, Nicole! Sorry to inform you, but your post is little more than a bigoted screed, lashing out at anyone and everyone you don't happen to like, or, even worse, that you don't happen to understand.

KarenCDFL said it very well in her post, "People insult others because of their own low self esteem and they think by putting down others, they boost their own clueless ego's."

It isn't your annoyance at those who were making fun of you that is the problem. Certainly, you are entitled to that.

But let's just see where it takes you.

"People that act like that probably truely do have some type of learning disorder."

Sorry, but the clinical definition of "learning disorders" constitutes a particular and reasonably well-defined set of conditions that have nothing to do with the behavior that you witnessed.

Very real people suffer from these disorders which make their lives difficult. They are as worthy of your tolerance, and perhaps even your respect, as anyone else you might encounter.

The specific definitions of these disorders are beyond the scope of what needs to be posted here, but you might want to run the term through a search engine before you toss these conditions around.

Actually, if you have some spare time, there are a number of programs for learning disabled individuals that would welcome your help as a volunteer. You can check out the opportunities by contacting the Learning Disabilities Association of Indiana.

"I cannot keep up with the latest names for it but I think maybe they suffer Down's syndrome."

If you can't keep up with things, then maybe you shouldn't toss terms around. Down's Syndrome is a genetic condition caused by the presence of one too many chromosomes on pair 21. It results in a number of specific mental and physical issues.

As Alicia lynn has pointed out, Down's Syndrome children and adults are often known for their cheerful attitudes and their open acceptance of others, it actually seems to be a part of their syndrome.

Again, a few minutes with a search engine will provide you with some definitions, but going down and spending a few hours as a volunteer would really open your eyes and your heart.

You can contact Down's Syndrome Indiana at http://www.dsindiana.org. You might want to sign up to take part in their annual fundraiser, the "Buddy Walk," which will next take place in October of 2010. I'm sure they'd accept you if you choose to walk en femme.

I could go on and on to parse your post, finding errors along with your out-and-out bigotry, but, hopefully, I have made the point.
    I agree with Persephone and Petite ONLY to the point that Nicole should not have used learning disorders such as Down's Syndrome as a reason for her tormentors' behavior. As for Persephone's remark" Sorry to inform you, but your post is little more than a bigoted screed, lashing out at anyone and everyone you don't happen to like, or, even worse, that you don't happen to understand", There is def. some lashing out going on, by P herself. Anyone and everyone? As far as I could tell, Nicole just singled out some ignorant bozos( No disrespect intended to any professional clowns). Maybe Nicole doesn't like her boss either? Maybe he is or would be accepting of her cd habits. Maybe she doesn't like him because he smells like ass. How in the the world can P know "anyone and everyone" that Nicole doesn't like or understand? From what I can tell from Nicole's post, she is trying to be tolerant of her would be detractors.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketscientist View Post
    How in the the world can P know "anyone and everyone" that Nicole doesn't like or understand?
    Simple, P is one of those here who knows everything.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketscientist View Post
    As far as I could tell, Nicole just singled out some ignorant bozos( No disrespect intended to any professional clowns). Maybe Nicole doesn't like her boss either? Maybe he is or would be accepting of her cd habits. Maybe she doesn't like him because he smells like ass. How in the the world can P know "anyone and everyone" that Nicole doesn't like or understand? From what I can tell from Nicole's post, she is trying to be tolerant of her would be detractors.
    Actually, Tonya, had Nicole singled out just the bozos or her boss I wouldn't have been concerned. Instead, she smears groups with her broad brush and that's what disturbs me.

If you go back into the archives you'll find that she posted something very similar about two months ago, around the first week of November I believe, when she wrote something like "With these hillybilly types, treat them as you would a wild animal. They don't really reason like humans. . . "

Exactly what is the difference between labeling people as "hillbilly types" and "rednecks" and labeling people as "queer" or "dago" or "the N word"? Stereotypes are very dangerous things.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    If you go back into the archives you'll find that she posted something very similar about two months ago, around the first week of November I believe, when she wrote something like "With these hillybilly types, treat them as you would a wild animal. They don't really reason like humans. . . "
    So you follow me around? How flattering.
    persephone, perhaps you have never had to deal with the kinds of people I have.

Since you told of how you spent a week in the "pink fog" or whatever they call that blissful stage, I am guessing you are new to being out.
    Well trust me, I am hardly new to being out in the public eye. I don't sit in the closet and sneak out at night when the wife is in Timbuktoo.

People get on me or find me insulting or bigoted or whatever... Well sooner or later, some TG progress to wanting to live full time as who they really are, as I am going through right now.
    It ain't all pink fog. I don't even remember what that feels like.

But when random strangers start giving the newbie "out" TS a hard time, they soon find out what it is like, wondering if they are going to be targeted for violence or at least ridicule, pending divorce, etc.

So am I full time? mmm, one could say. Do I pass well? Maybe by a longshot.
    Would I post more photos of me here? Probably not, I don't need them floating around if I did end up banned from here.

What comes long after the "pink fog" has lifted is quite harsh. So, with trying to be full time but not passing so well, having to look over my shoulder, and wondering what life will be like in the coming months, yeah, I am bitter.
    Love, Erin

Persephone, perhaps you have never had to deal with the kinds of people I have.
    I spent my youth and most of my life in communities in which I was always a member of some minority or other. I encountered prejudice from a very early age. When I was 12 I was horsewhipped for who I was.

Yeah, I think I have a feel for pain, rejection, and ostracism.

Like most here, I spent years feeling depressed and guilty. There was no internet when I went through that, so I spent most of those early years thinking I was the only "freak" in the world. That was life from before kindergarten through high school.

In college I came across one book or another, probably Kraft-Ebing's Psychopathia Sexualis from the 1800's. At least I learned I wasn't the only crossdresser, although things didn't look very good.

I spent hours, days, weeks researching the few books and articles there were. I learned a lot, none of it was very uplifting or inspiring.

I don't believe there is any point in comparing people's lives, all of us are different, and that is a good thing. But I'm pretty certain I paid my dues.

What I discovered was not that God hated me, but, rather, that I'd been given one of the most unique and precious gifts in the world, the ability to see life from both sides of the most significant human divide. A truly rare and wonderful blessing!

Since you told of how you spent a week in the "pink fog" or whatever they call that blissful stage, I am guessing you are new to being out.
    You'd be wrong. I've been "out and about" for many years.

People get on me or find me insulting or bigoted or whatever... Well sooner or later, some TG progress to wanting to live full time as who they really are, as I am going through right now.
    Being who you are or who you want to be is commendable. Being insulting or bigoted is not. The one cannot be used to justify the other.
    Last edited by Persephone; 12-23-2009 at 02:30 AM.

I agree, I can fix any computer, but stupidity eludes me......