Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another take on why people insult TG.

Mostly Harmless...
    Quote Originally Posted by vetobob9 View Post
    Those are some important points. On the marriage issue, that is a private matter and I do not believe the state should be dictating to people who they can and can't marry. You should be allowed to marry whoever you choose, without regard for age, ethnicity, sex, gender, orientation, or religious affiliation. I've already come out with a document that will address that issue as soon as it recieves Senate approval which will be difficult because it also addresses hundreds of other issues. There is a new constitution that has been in the works for awhile now, that you'll probably be hearing about soon. This is a different proposal from the one being pushed by big business. It comes with new rights such as the right to electronic privacy and the right of marriage.

I'm rather sure a lot of people would love it to be like this but sadly, there are also rather a lot of people who are against it. Not only people, but also a group of people also known as the Church. They are dead said against same sex marriages. In the world there aren't all that many places where same sex marriages are even allowed.

There are also other issues that would have to be dealt with like the immigration issues with transgendered people. If I recall correctly, for example for U.S. immigration even if you are legally married, but you've changed your sex you cannot immigrate to U.S. based on marriage because your birth sex the same as your spouses. However, if your legal sex would be the same as your spouses you couldn't immigrate either because same-sex marriage aren't allowed etc.
    I also agree that banks and employers should not be allowed to access this type of information but I also believe it is necessary because your vulnerability to some diseases depends on whether you biologically have a Y chromosome. It is important for doctors and first responders to know if you had your sex surgically altered, your life may depend on it.
    As for the TSA, we need to balance the right to security with the right to privacy.
    Those were only few examples, there are a lot more people who shouldn't be able to look into information like this like security guards, the police when they are checking your ID etc. With the two new genders it would be easy for everyone who is able to look into your ID tell that you're transgendered. Would you want the cashier knowing about your past when you buy a beer or a cigarettes? Or the lady at the customer service when you are picking up your package? There are so many places that don't need to know about this at all. Even among doctors there is often no need for them to know about your past. For example, dentists have no need to know about it or shrinks(unless you are going there because of your transgenderism).

Even though doctors might have some reasons to know about your birth sex, it doesn't mean that all of them should have access to it without problem. There aren't all that many disease that are chromosome orientated. Not to forget that your doctor will most like know about your transgenderism even without you telling them simply because you need to get your prescription for the hormones from somewhere. These diseases should be rather are anyway.

My main problem with people, even doctors, having access to information like this is that it makes it more vulnerable for misuse. I don't have a problem telling a doctor about my transsexuality but I don't want them to be able to check it from something else just like that. Especially as if doctors have access to them that also means that nurses can get access to it. It's just information that can be misused so easily, so one doesn't want it to be kept anywhere easily available.

Besides, when there is something they can't solve, they usually go through all possibilities anyway. Latest than the patient himself/herself can tell about the birth sex. At least I've never heard of a disease that is based on chromosome that can kill you fast.

EDIT: Almost forgot. What does TSA mean?
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Mostly Harmless...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittykitty View Post
    Transportaion security administration. It's an American thing, thank your diety you don't HAVE to know.
    I guessed more or less correctly in what direction it was going to go but I just wasn't sure what it was about. *giggles* Thank you for the explanation though.

The jokers that let a man on a plane with a bomb strapped to himself today:

http://www.tsa.gov/

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_airliner_disturbance

DESPITE clearly stating his born gender, the man was STILL SOMEHOW able to sneak a little something past them.
    That is the point my dear. He was not disguised in the opposite sex so they couldn't pick him out on the line.

Freaking jokers.
    Maybe it's just me because I was playing Batman Arkham Asylum a while ago, but I could swore I just heard the joker from it laughing out loud.

Let's think about this for a second... (just got out of a heated discussion with my wife over this) how is "imitating" a female going to help one of these guys? You can't conceal something under a short skirt... tight pants... tights... ohhhhh.... my bad, it's the chest, isn't it?
    It's the chest of course. There is no way in the world is real, you know. One day they'll end up pulling on everyone's chest becuase they think it's not real. I can already see the bloody mess with my little kitty eyes. *giggles*

But yeah, there isn't really much help dressing as a girl would do for them. The breasts would be about the only thing that might work as an advantage but if they accidentally put a wired bra on they most like end up having to take it off anyway, especially if their ID states they're male.

Wait...there is something else that just got into my mind. The high heels, especially stiletto ones, have a metal in the heel to make it sure that it won't break. They want to use that as a weapon for sure!

Come on, how hard do we have to work to pass (in general, not you lucky ones)? Do you really think some Arabian man is going to stick a dress on and pass flawlessly? Really? Every eye on the plane will be watching "him." PLEASE do dress as a female, it will be that much easier for teh good "guys."
    C'mon...be little more serious here. Just think about how much easier time they have passing. Let's start with those nice thick eye brows they have. What about the strong hair growth they have too? Or the very masculine features(body shape) that often even Arabic females have? Aren't you already feeling the jealousy? I mean they gotta have some professional courses for dressing as the opposite sex so that they can master it even better than they already can with the body of theirs. It gotta be in part 2 of the bomb course they go through.

Sorry to rant, the airlines just aggravate me to no end.
    Nah, no need to apologize for that. On the other hand, I should apologize for whatever I wrote today. My only excuse is that I just got up and my mind is still kinda out of it.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Gold Member
    Transportaion security administration. It's an American thing, thank your diety you don't HAVE to know.

The jokers that let a man on a plane with a bomb strapped to himself today:

http://www.tsa.gov/

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_airliner_disturbance

DESPITE clearly stating his born gender, the man was STILL SOMEHOW able to sneak a little something past them.

Freaking jokers.
    Not to mess with a good rant, but unless I am missing something, this plane came from outside the US. Has nothing to do with TSA then.

Wow Ive been watching this thread go by with interest. It went from being insulted because you are transgender to the saintliness of Down's syndrome children to a religious debate. Ya got to love this room. Throw in some politics- wait I think that was discussed and it is complete. But in the end we are all all just folks relating on a written forum and hopefully trying to understand each other and maybe even suport each other a little. It is hard to judge the content or character of the heart when u dont know the person, and cant even see there physicial expressions, inflections, etc. So I guess Im saying in the immortal words of Rodney King,, "Can't we all just get along?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Most of us have had this pleasure...
    In fact my latest one was the new hick neighbors were mocking me. Yeah I was coming in the house from my car and one of them was prancing up and down the sidewalk. Then him and some other guy started talking like they were gay. I just nodded and was like "How is it going?"
    Well these guys have accents like Larry the cable guy.
    Gyod our haters always seem to have that accent...
    Assuming that these two things are true, first, that they were mocking you and second, that they are new to the neighbourhood, you should have educated them about these facts:

* They are new to the neighbourhood and should treat the residence that are already established there with some respect. That is common sense.

* Who knows what kind of dangerous mistake they could be making by insulting you, who despite being "different", might be well regarded by your other neighbours.

* It is detrimental to the sense of community and is very unpatriotic to insult a fellow citizen.

* It is counter-productive to an advanced society having people insult someone on the basis of their appearance, when the said person could be much more useful in every manner than the person doing the mocking. In this sense, you should question them about their direction in life and how they view society and how to contribute to it positively. If their views are more likely to subtract from the sum-total of human knowledge rather than benefit it, then explain to them that instead of insulting you that they should be kneeling before you in exhaltation of your superiority.

I am sorry for my rant by I despise idiots such as the ones that you have described and that is generally how I go about responding to insults.

Astrid
    "Chuck, you know that I adore all of God's creatures and the metaphors that they inspire, but those butterflies have got to be murdered!" - Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl "Seventeen Candles")

Mostly Harmless...
    Kitty, I love your sense of humor. Thank you for breaking that up and making me giggle.
    I'm glad at least someone could make a use out of my half asleep state when I was writing that text there.

Last night, after this posting, I realized that a large part of my feelings on this had to do with my ID. When going out, I always have to have cash handy, which I am not used to, as it causes great anxiety to think of being carded when trying to use my credit/debit cards (which cashiers in LA are prone to doing.) Can't telll you how many times I've done the nervous dance in line, after forgetting cash.
    Be happy that you aren't in Finland. Over here if you pay with your card and the amount you buy goes over certain limits you also have to show your ID and the cashier is going to write down the last four digits of your identification number(which itself already has the sex included and is really easy to read out from it).
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!