Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you a quick thinker?

Aspiring Member

Are you a quick thinker?

I went shopping yesterday - fem jeans, top, bra and forms and strappy sandals with about a 2.5" heel. Oh yes, red tonails and sheer pantyhose. Bought my first dress (I have many skirts but now one dress).
    As I was leaving - I had backed out of my parking space and a lady motioned me to roll down the window which I did. She then said - may I ask you a question? I said yes and she asked "why are you wearing high heels?" I was taken by surprise and could only say "that's just the way it is" Her tone was not very friendly but I could tell that she was curious. She said "but you are a man" I said yes, shrugged and drove on. But I wish that I could have engaged in conversation with her a little more. I like the interaction with women but her tone rattled me even though it was not that bad. Wish that I would have told her I was a crossdresser or that I preferred women's clothes. It seems that I have to go through everything a couple times to get comfortable with the situation but it may be years before another female wishes to talk.
    How about you? Can you think on your feet fast enough to take advantage of these rare opportunities? If so, tell us of your experiences.
    SheriM

Gold Member
    Yeah if they ask about it, might as well chat up a bit.

I think I would have just said - "yeah they are a bit uncomfy".

I don't think she meant any real harm by it, just didn't know, probably someone who had a sheltered life.

Still annoying but I wouldn't fret over it.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Yeah if they ask about it, might as well chat up a bit.

I think I would have just said - "yeah they are a bit uncomfy".

I don't think she meant any real harm by it, just didn't know, probably someone who had a sheltered life.

Still annoying but I wouldn't fret over it.

That would totally have been my response. Sometimes when people ask me, their more surprised than annoyed
    [SIZE="2"]
    Hugs,
    Tiffany

My facebook: www.facebook.com/ladysnow71

[/SIZE]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I would have responded, "Yes, I am a man, but I like to dress like a lady! Wearing heels really helps!" Wonder what her reaction would have been to that answer?
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I'd be speechless! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    I would have responded, "Yes, I am a man, but I like to dress like a lady! Wearing heels really helps!" Wonder what her reaction would have been to that answer?
    Maybe the GG and TG could stand side by side and sing "man I feel like a woman".
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Aspiring Member

Apologize and say........

Sorry! These are the only open toed shoes that I have and I wanted to show off my freshly painted toenails. Do you want to see them?

I was asked once in a supermarket by a woman (would have said lady but i know her and she an`t no lady) " why have you got red nail varnish on " i knew that she was being sarcastic so i just said " because i like it .
    On another occasion i was asked by a girl who was with her mother that i was talking to and the girl asked " why have you got 2 earrings in " i replied , because i have 2 holes in my ears, so she asked why have you got 2 holes in your ears,( you guessed it), i replied " so that i can wear 2 earrings .
    Recently i was asked at the local petrol station where i get my fuel by a lady who knows me , why are you wearing 2 necklaces ( i have a silver one and a very feminine gold one that i wear all the time) i replied , because some would say that there are two sides to me , she just smiled and said they look nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I usually answer a question with a question.That puts the burden on the other person.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Why aren't you?

Were you "a woman with a man head" (to paraphrase Captain Beefheart)?

If so, you're naturally going to shake 'em up a little and some audience participation is bound to happen.

I do the full presentation (at least I try!), and about the only question like that was when a waitress asked me if I was comfortable wearing heels shopping. I took that as a hint and went to low heels (2.5" max) soon after that.

In fact, I often get complimented on this or that aspect of what I'm wearing or how I look. I don't take this as proof of passing, btw, just that someone's being nice.

I can think of only one woman in all the years of going out who, after asking if I was genetic, gave me any trouble. Most people have the sense to mind their own business, but there are always exceptions.

-- Diane

Quote Originally Posted by joanne f View Post
    ...On another occasion i was asked by a girl who was with her mother that i was talking to and the girl asked " why have you got 2 earrings in " i replied , because i have 2 holes in my ears, so she asked why have you got 2 holes in your ears,( you guessed it), i replied " so that i can wear 2 earrings .

Now that's quick thinking!
    Last edited by Daintre; 12-23-2009 at 08:04 PM. Reason: posts merged

Just another 'Gurl'
    nope, not me. I am all of the place.
    Just another man in a dress

The occasions have not occurred very often for me, and when they have, I have thought fast enough in about 30% of the time. I can't recall the specifics of an incident. In general, when I have been questioned as you were, I have sometimes managed a "I enjoy wearing women's clothes" response.
    But I don't worry about it. I mean, really, what was that woman's point. Did she mean to tell you that you couldn't wear heels because you're a man? Well, that's just her narrow mind at work.
    warmly, Linnea

Aspiring Member
    What was her point? I think that you are correct - she didn't think that a man should be wearing heels and if I had continued the conversation, she may have told me so but I still wish that I would have tried. I wondered if she was too occupied with the heels to notice the jeans, bra and forms, etc. Incidently, I just love the polish - a shiney, deep red, almost rust color.
    If there is a next time, I will be a little more ready, not for a snappy comeback but hopefully a conversation starter.
    Sheri

A hairy dude in a dress Nigella23's Avatar
    "Why do you ask?" I think would have been my best suggestion. I always find when put on the spot about anything the best answer is to question the questioner, it at least gives you a bit of thinking time, and hopefully turns tables on the inquisitor.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    It happened to me one time a few years ago, but it wasn't high heels it was 3" women's boots. I thought that were disguised by the length of my jeans ... obviously not. Can you believe it? ... a woman stopped me (in a supermarket of all places!) and outright asked me why I was wearing women's boots? ... and she seemed quite indignant too I was so taken aback I said to her in a rather startled and slightly annoyed way "I beg your pardon! ... what I choose to wear is my business! ... if you must know, I prefer them to men's styles". I then turned and walked away. Now if she has been inquisitive and really interested i would have had a nicer conversation but she made me feel like I wasn't supposed to be doing it and I'd broke some kind of law or something.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 12-23-2009 at 09:53 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

How about "I was feeling a little low today and the shoes help pick me up".
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    I usually answer a question with a question.That puts the burden on the other person.
    This is my typical style also.

My replies are generally humorously disorienting, which leaves many choices in direction for the rest of the conversation.

Why does the tooth fairy collect teeth?

Why is it called lipstick when it always comes off?

Why did Sally sell seashells on the seashore, when you can just pick them up for free?

I am rarely nasty to anyone, even though such thoughts do float around in my mind...like...

"Well, not sure...why do wear a moustache?"
    Last edited by eluuzion; 12-23-2009 at 11:04 PM. Reason: spelling edit

why are you wearing high heels?

All my others had "flats"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I have no idea what I would have said but I doubt that I would have handled it well. I am not good at that stuff.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

sounds like some religious, self-righteous, bored with life, person who feels that you've violated the sanctity of which only belongs to women.

Its pure close-minded ignorance. You said yourself she sounded a little upset, so I doubt she was being genuinely curious.

I see people like this all the time, when I'm out and about. I can just tell from their looks on their face, when I walk by, they are thinking the same thing, that this woman was thinking, that "I can't believe this person is violating the most sacred of all unspoken laws, and my world is now crashing down before me" type look. Only in your case she took it a step further, and had to harrass you about it. This in and of itself, goes to show you how completely dull and uneventful her life must really be.

I would have said ""B**#* get the F**# away from my car, and its none of your F&(*&@# Business!, what im wearing."

I think it mainly comes from older generations, ones raised in a more traditional way than nowadays. You know those older families where the Man was the bread-winner, and the Woman was the "stay at home" mother who raised the kids. Seeing a man wearing heels, completely disrupts their entire perception of society, gender, and god knows what else they might have time to worry about. These people are wound up so tight, because they haven't been laid by their husband in probably 15 years, that all they think about is their latest neighborhood gossip, and bitch about why the price of milk keeps rising.

cheers!
    Last edited by Sara82; 12-24-2009 at 01:10 AM.

Why are you wearing high heels?
    (Looking down at my feet) "OMG! I AM wearing high heels! This is so embarrassing!"

Well, why were you wearing heels then? Just answer with the truth.

I would say because I like to be fashionable.

Or ask, why not?

Not supposed to? No one has ever told me what clothes I am not supposed to wear!
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

I believe I would have told her, her nose was longer than her tongue!

i just dont do quick be it thinking or running.
    I do a good impersination of a blond though = ehh? what? duh!

I'm gonna try an remember some of these comebacks though. some realy good ones.