Thread: A girl's work is never done!

Wink A girl's work is never done!

Well yesterday the wife went to finish some Christmas shopping and I decided to take advantage of my alone time to do some maintenance on Vicki.

So I got out the Nair and went to it. However, it got me thinking. One thing our wives and SO's don't stop to think about. If we "girls" weren't serious about our feminine sides why would we ever take the time required to do the many tasks that are required to keep ourselves looking "pretty".

One thing I know it gives me a much greater appreciation for what my wife goes through every day to look pretty. I'll have to tell her that tomorrow and thank her for the fine example that she is setting for Vicki.

Tomorrow its time to get the nail polish redone. It's so hard being a "girl".

Vicki

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki-Z View Post
    Tomorrow its time to get the nail polish redone. It's so hard being a "girl".
    Vicki
    Awwww, come on, Vicki! There are enough whining tomboys out there without you joining the fray!

Does an Olympic Medal winner wonder why it's so hard being an athlete? Does a Ferrari Enzo owner wonder why it's so hard to keep his car clean? Does Rihanna wonder why her ex-boyfriend -- ooops, wrong question!
    Last edited by Persephone; 12-24-2009 at 04:03 AM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Awwww, come on, Vicki! There are enough whining tomboys out there without you joining the fray! ...
    You want "hard work being a girl" Think the Eighth Task Of Hercules. To be just barely presentable requires effort of mythical proportions on my part.

Vicki, I realize the comment was tongue in cheek. I just hope this doesn't become a "whine thread" I enjoy the "work" and wouldn't have it any other way. To be beautiful with no effort, while a wonderful dream, just doesn't give the same satisfaction as having done the work to achieve the finished look.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Of course we 'girls' are a bit higher maintenance than our 'boy' counterparts, but that goes with the territory.
    I've been doing it for so long... Before and after coming out, that it's second nature to me now...
    It all becomes a normal routine after a while. I don't think of it as 'hard' anymore. It's just part of the routine...
    Upon waking, I get cleaned up, eat breakfast, choose what I'm gonna wear & get dressed, do my face & hair, and anything else that needs to be done to my appearance, and I ready to go out the door... Just like anyone else, male or female.
    Yea, there a few more steps that we have to go through, but we're worth it.
    Being who you are is what it's all about after all.
    As others have stated here... (Maybe not is the same words.) With practice, practice, practice, everything gets easier.
    I used to spend a half-hour or more just getting my makeup right. Now it only takes me 5-10 minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi .
    Oh you think womens work is never done .

Try . the washing .folding . looking after our kids & grand kids . doing the meals . shopping .. food that is . making beds . cleaning the loos floors . vacuming . & the list go s on . entertaining guests .

For our selfs 5 min s spare .
    sorry i m a woman . oh dear . nail pol hair clothes . sorry no time for the finer things in life . thats a real womens life . we just do it . not think about it ....every day.
    giggle . oh i m just a woman ..

...noeleena...

I enjoy the "maintenance"; much of it makes me feel pampered and pretty.
    warmly, Linnea

Quote Originally Posted by Phyliss View Post
    Vicki, I realize the comment was tongue in cheek. I just hope this doesn't become a "whine thread"
    Phyliss you're right it was just a tongue in cheek light hearted comment. I also LOVE all the work that goes into being Vicki. If I didn't like it why would I be doing it? To me it's just another expression of my feminine side. Believe me I wish more than anyone to have been born a girl so it could be a daily routine to me.

However, I did mean what I said about having a greater appreciation for my wife. I told her today how much I appreciate what she does as a women to look so feminine and beautiful. She was very happy that I told her and that I acknowledge her efforts .

I wish people would stop and read posts in context and have a little humour.

I don't know if people just jumped on the bandwagon instead of reading the post for themselves but it was meant for a little laugh and was not whining. With what we go through in life with our crossdressing we need to have a sense of humour, it's what makes life bearable. So lighten up people!

Once again thank you Phyliss for recognizing what the post really was.

Vicki

Aspiring Member
    Hi .

Try . the washing .folding . looking after our kids & grand kids . doing the meals . shopping .. food that is . making beds . cleaning the loos floors . vacuming . & the list go s on . entertaining guests .

sorry i m a woman . oh dear . nail pol hair clothes . sorry no time for the finer things in life . thats a real womens life . we just do it . not think about it ....every day.

...noeleena...

I'm a single man who enjoys being a part-time woman and I do the washing, folding, do the meals, shopping, food that is, making beds, cleaning the loos floors, vacuming . & the list go s on and find the time to be a woman also.

Sure glad I'm not a girl!!! And have to do that on a daily basis!!! And add all the cooking and cleaning? Hell no... Nice thing about crossdressing is you can do it if you want or revert back to the lazy slobby male..... When you don't.. Best of both worlds if you ask me!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The fairer sex, makes it look easy, sometimes. The practice makes perfect, but it is a bit of work. Love your job and be happy. My bride takes care of the house, shopping, grandsons-a few days each week, me and still manages to look good doing it all. I am blessed. Like Karren, I can let it all slip. I can be a unshaven, grisly adams on a infrequent Sunday.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki-Z View Post
    I wish people would stop and read posts in context and have a little humour.

I don't know if people just jumped on the bandwagon instead of reading the post for themselves but it was meant for a little laugh and was not whining. With what we go through in life with our crossdressing we need to have a sense of humour, it's what makes life bearable. So lighten up people!

Once again thank you Phyliss for recognizing what the post really was.

Vicki
    Hi Vicki!

I'm sure you realized that my post was tongue in cheek as well, otherwise the "last question" wouldn't have made much sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Awwww, come on, Vicki! There are enough whining tomboys out there without you joining the fray!

Does an Olympic Medal winner wonder why it's so hard being an athlete? Does a Ferrari Enzo owner wonder why it's so hard to keep his car clean? Does Rihanna wonder why her ex-boyfriend -- ooops, wrong question!
    Quote Originally Posted by noeleena View Post
    Hi .

...noeleena...
    Right on, right on, Noeleena!

The list definitely goes on and on and, like you, I see that as the "real work." I loathe folding sheets!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).