Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossdressers, how do you want us men to treat you in public?

Crossdressers, how do you want us men to treat you in public?

I see crossdressers in public but I am not sure how to treat them. Do you ladies like to be addressed as a woman, have guys opening your doors, let you go first etc...

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    If you were in their shoes, how would you like to be treated?
    Dana Ryan

Dana says it all.

Daisy

Mostly Harmless...
    Quote Originally Posted by danar View Post
    One couldn't have said this any better. Treat others like you would want them to treat you.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Just treat us as you would any other woman to include addressing us as women, ma'am or whatever. Passable or not when I'm dressed I like to be treated as a woman.

I think most would appreciate being treated like a woman. For me it is not a big deal. Being friendly and respecting my choice of clothing is good enough.

Treatment

Preferably with the same respect you would treat anyone else.

So basically what they said ^
    Lessa Lynn Young

Gratitude is an Attitude. Treasure what you have rather than coveting what you don't.

Well I was mainly referring to how you ladies want to be treated gender wise. Even if I was dressed in drag I would not want somebody to treat me as a woman. But it may be different for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by seanmuscle View Post
    I see crossdressers in public but I am not sure how to treat them. Do you ladies like to be addressed as a woman, have guys opening your doors, let you go first etc...
    The general rule of thumb is to treat a person they way they present themselves. If some one presents themselves as a man, you treat them like a man, if they present themselves as a woman, you treat them as a woman. This is just like calling people by the name they want to be called by, and prevents you from having to make a lot of guesses and inappropriate body cavity searches.

And here is where the golden rule breaks down. There are a LOT of guys in the world (some of them even on this forum) who would never want to be identified as a woman, no matter what they were wearing. I on the other hand would rather be identified as a woman no matter what I am wearing. If I apply my rules to others - hilarity will ensue.

Perhaps a better rule would be to treat others as they wish to be treated. Of course - sometimes we don't know how others wish to be treated and so we are back at square one. In any case, we could all probably be a little less sensitive when some one is making a good faith effort to figure us out and gets it wrong. Of course - if they are intentionally being jerks - let 'um have it.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    The general rule of thumb is to treat a person they way they present themselves. If some one presents themselves as a man, you treat them like a man, if they present themselves as a woman, you treat them as a woman. This is just like calling people by the name they want to be called by, and prevents you from having to make a lot of guesses and inappropriate body cavity searches.

And here is where the golden rule breaks down. There are a LOT of guys in the world (some of them even on this forum) who would never want to be identified as a woman, no matter what they were wearing. I on the other hand would rather be identified as a woman no matter what I am wearing. If I apply my rules to others - hilarity will ensue.

Perhaps a better rule would be to treat others as they wish to be treated. Of course - sometimes we don't know how others wish to be treated and so we are back at square one. In any case, we could all probably be a little less sensitive when some one is making a good faith effort to figure us out and gets it wrong. Of course - if they are intentionally being jerks - let 'um have it.
    You summed it up baby. Thats what I wanted to know. It seems like the majority of CDs like to be treated as women.

thanks!

respect

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    I agree, treat us like any other woman, however, I don't feel that means treating us "special" or differently, just the same as anyone else. Not all GG want the extra attention from men, some girls love it. It is all a matter of respect and getting a feel for how a person wants to be treated, which you wont really know until you interact with them. Crossdressers are individuals too, and we're all a little different.

But the basic part is to just treat us like anyone else, and to use the same female terms as you would a genetic woman.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

How do I want to be treated? Sweetly, Hon, sweetly.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Both men and women are equal in the world.

Therefore, both genders should be treated with respect, regardless of how you are dressed.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Gold Member
    Very simple...just treat us with respect.

Gold Member
    Yeah just like you would any lady.
    And, if you are interested in dating a CD/TS, then approach her as you would any other woman.

I doubt if any CD/TS out there would be upset if you were to treat her like a lady. Being CD is a femme personna. I mean you are not gonna have a man in a dress get upset if you called her "she" or "ma'am".
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Treated?

I'm a Lady, and expect to be treated as such! Wouldn't you like a lady to treat you with love and respect?

What about in private?

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyWannabe View Post
    What about in private?
    Some of us, in private, wanted to be treated like...
    WAIT, We can't use that word here!
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I want to be treated like crap and called names and beat up! But that's just me!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

You're BAD to the bone Karen!

What about women? Should I act like a man when I'm with a CD I'm romantically interested in? I'm very confused.

Former Member
    I guess I'm different than most of the ladies here. I'm a guy and I like being treated as a guy. I just have a different preference in clothing than most guys.

Being treated like a lady makes me uncomfortable. And whatever you do.......don't smack me on the ass.

Wait....that was a sexist comment, wasn't it?

Does this mean I'm gonna have to quit holding doors for people when I'm dressed as a woman? Nah, I still love being courteous. That's what comes from being raised by women who teach respect.

Oh and if I'm holding doors for people I let the whole family go through. And if I'm really generous I stand there for a few extra seconds if I see someone worthwhile coming. By worthwhile I mean a woman, elderly, handicapped, child, decent looking guy who I think would do the same. Getto boy punks don't usually get the door held for them very long from me.

You know what's a funny kind thing to say to people? Automatic doors! If you are just ahead of someone who you think would love to have a door held for them, make sure and let them pass once you are inside the door. Then say, "thought I'd get the door for you." I've done that a couple times and had very appreciative looks/comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I want to be treated like crap and called names and beat up! But that's just me!
    Doesn't that happen when you play hockey?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning