Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoveling snow en femme

Complex Lolita...

Shoveling snow en femme

[SIZE="2"]Well, girls, it’s going to be a white Christmas here on the high plains – the big storm has arrived at last. The snow is falling horizontally, borne on high winds, and it’s only a matter of time before yours truly has to go and shovel out the driveway – on Christmas, no less! It all seems funny to me – when I lived in Massachusetts we rarely had snow on Christmas, but out here in Kansas it occurs at least 50% of the time! Go figure…

Anyway, what do you think I should wear when I go out to do my shoveling duties? I have some lovely femme boots, pink mittens, a cute jacket, and an adorable stocking cap, but I need to be careful – the last time I was shoveling snow (two weeks ago) I nearly blew out a breastform! I have a new shovel (kinda femme), but I think it’s important to make an effort (a visual statement, if you will) here in a place (the Heartland) where men are men and women are women, but some of the women are not what they appear to be at first glance, if you know what I’m saying…

Have a very Merry Christmas! The storm doesn't look like it's going to be too bad, but keep me in your thoughts tomorrow… [/SIZE]

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    There hasn't been a snowless Christmas here within living memory. The first permanent snow is usually +/- 2 days from Halloween; it was relatively late this year. Mind you, part of the reason it was so late was that it was cold for several weeks; now that it has warmed up, the snow is falling.

There was never a snowless Christmas where I grew up... not until this last decade... from what I hear, they are about to get their third in the last 8 years.

Just before logging in here, I was outside shoveling in my denim skirt, with a woman's coat that I've become accustomed enough to that it I no longer thing of it as femme -- but it was "daring" when I bought it last year. I had just come home from work and tossed my things inside and started to shovel, so I did not stop to specially dress up... if I had, I would have put on a distinctly female jacket. On the other hand, if my neighbours haven't seen me dressed up by now (and known full well it was me), it hasn't been for lack of opportunity

But that does remind me that I should go to the corner store and grab some last minute milk before they close. I could wear my pretty jacket there... they saw it already a few days ago.

If you have cute clothing suitable for both the weather and the task at hand, then you should wear it.

Last time I shoveled I was wearing a pink thermal henley under a light blue July 4 themed t-shirt, and jeans of course. A practical girl's shoveling outfit. It was the day after the storm and the sun was shining brightly. Horizontal snowfall calls for heavier clothing, I think...
    "Impossible" is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try. Kutless - What Faith Can Do
    Quote Originally Posted by My sister Lilli
    Yes, your happy shows - you practically have unicorns and starbursts flying out of you.
    Physically female!

i want a pink shovel with barbie on it! you should dress to shovel. but if its after work it will be dark anyway these days. still though, i encourage you to go for it.
    Happiness is a choice.

I'll be out there too. I recommend extra everything.

I love doing chores outside en femme: gardening and snow shoveling!
    warmly, Linnea

Single and loving it ;) alexis GG's Avatar
    I think you should wear something thick and warm... after all going enfemme ain't eally suitable for shovelling snow... I know I wouldn't do it in a skirt and top or a dress... think logical here... be sensible
    Long gone

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alexis GG View Post
    I think you should wear something thick and warm... after all going enfemme ain't eally suitable for shovelling snow... I know I wouldn't do it in a skirt and top or a dress... think logical here... be sensible
    Last night when I took at the garbage, it was about -10C (14F) with the windchill. I was wearing only a thin polyester nightie that barely covered my rear. The temperature wasn't a problem at all. Getting snow in my boots was more of a problem.

Those of us who live in colder climates, adapt.

When we had our spell of -30C (-20F) weather a few weeks ago, and it warmed up to -18C (0F), people were happy and sparkling and went back to "fall" jackets and started skipping wearing gloves.

It was up to about -4C when I was shoveling this evening; a long denim skirt and pantyhose were perfectly adequate to keep me warm. I probably would have been perfectly fine with one of my halfway- to- the- knee skirts and the 15D pantyhose or light tights.

I've been out snowblowing, the last two winters, in a (heavier) long denim skirt and microfibre tights, on days where the windchill was down around -30C. The part of me that was coldest by far was my hands, even wearing expensive ski gloves: the snow blowing back into my face wasn't fun, even with my scarf, but my hands hurt -- and my legs were only chilled. The skirt trapped the heat from my entire lower body as I moved around (the same principle behind why mitts are warmer than gloves). My hands, though, had only the gloves to protect them, and my hands were not moving much, just resting at arms length from the rest of me and squeezing the snowblower controls.

If one does indeed think logically, then one realizes that if one compares the same material in the form of long skirt or pants, the long skirt is going to be warmer.

Wind, and "what you are used to" are very important in comfort in colder weather. The first time this year that it got down to -2C and windchill of -8C, it felt cold, like "the wind is going right through you". Now that we've had a cold snap and our internal thermostat has adjusted, on a calm -2C day, I would seriously consider wearing a skirt somewhere between mini and midi: my body is now tuned to put out heat much more quickly, and the heavy clothing we needed a month ago as the temperatures descended, is now literally too warm, and we have to wear lighter clothing (or open ventilation) to be comfortable in those temperature ranges -- otherwise we would suffer from heat exhaustion at temperatures that you would probably find "effing cold!!" if you were to be dropped into them suddenly from your warmer climate.

Boots

I'm sure part of your shoveling outfit will be boots. While there is temptation to be as fem as possible and wear high heeled boots, maybe for this activity some warm but flat boots would fit the bill. It's hard enough to walk on snow and ice as it is, so with heels and the possibly slippery bottoms of the boots we don't want anyone to get hurt. You need traction above all, so think along those terms. Maybe there is a purpose for those UGS after all....

Karen

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile several weeks ago when I had some snow

It was only an inch or so, easy to shovel, so I shoveled the snow with a nice short miniskirt, 4" above the knee. I was surprised I wasn't that cold wearing a skirt, plus it felt great too. Kimberly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

Chaos is a friend of mine April Renee's Avatar

Im dreaming of a.....

Merry white christmas Frede!!
    When your done with your driveway don't hesitate to come into town and help with mine!!

April

No matter how you "dress it up" shoveling snow is in no way glamourous Hon. Just back breaking work. Any one who wants to shovel mine en femme is more than welcome to.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Shoveling snow is no fun no matter how you are dressed. I did my share of that when I lived in places like Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Fortunately in El Paso we don't see much snow and it doesn't hang around long.

Vieja

Pics?! :d

Now, granted I was on a riding lawnmower with a snowblower attachment, I'd wear my pantyhose with a pair of 'shorter' jeans with my 4" Mary Jane chucky style shoes.

On the other end of the spectrum, during summer, I'd cut the lawn (on the rider) late at night after work (we didn't have any neighbors within a quarter mile) and I'd put a skirt/blouse on instead!

Both of these were always very satisfying for me! When ever I can get the chance to go out in anything femme that is 'noticable' (not including underdressing), I enjoy it immensly.

[SIZE="1"]Well its going to be almost 70 here today and i am on my way to Harrah's in Rincon Valley for a little r/r. Tryed that snow thing for two years in Indiana and couldn't wait to get back to sunny so cal. Going underdressed today. Have fun in the snow you all.

Merry Christmas to all

Tonya[/SIZE]

If you go out in a very short skirt and boots, you may be able to get the neighbors to do it for you!!!
    NOT your girl next door!

Mostly Harmless...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey Green View Post
    If you go out in a very short skirt and boots, you may be able to get the neighbors to do it for you!!!
    Or they'll end up having to call you an ambulance because you end up lying on the ground.

I love skirts but there is limit in how cold weather you can use them without anything below to keep yourself warm. Messing around with cold isn't something you really should do as it can damage you rather badly.

It would be just easier to go knock on their door and seduce them to do what you need to have done. Works much better and you have much more fun doing it not to forget you don't have to do any work even once to get to your goal.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Gold Member
    I can't see sholving snow in a mini skirt; or any skirt when the temp is
    below freezing and the wind is blowing. I guess I am told old for that
    rutine. Anyway; I do plow snow underdress all the time. Pushing snow
    arround in a warm cab of my Tahoe, Listing to Christmas music, Sipping
    some coffee is not work; ITS FUN! Rader

I have shoveled snow in a skirt and heels before and it was quite fun, but I did almost slip and had to go inside and put some shoes on with some traction. I do agree that longer denim skirts are quite warm and very adorable and the seduction capability is out the roof depending on the type of demin skirt, lol.
    Like I would really know though because I have only done it once and it wasn't a denim skirt, but I have worn many denim skirts out in the cold and that is why I say they are quite warm!! Eat some PIE and have a MERRY XMAS!!!!!!!!

Hannah~~

Frederique if it makes you feel any better Cape Cod got 8" the other day and they are seeing a white christmas too.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

snow shovelling

Well, i just can't look good in my snow pants, carheart jacket, toque and snowmobile mittens when I am wrestling the snowblower around for 2 hours. I really should have bought a house with a short driveway.

Platinum Member

At The Far Ends

Hi Frederique

I love dressing and I like snow now that Iam retired but
    crossdressing and shoveling snow are at the oposite ends
    of my universe. I just may stay inside till spring.

Orchid

Frederique, I underdressed shoveling last weekend. Luckily this weekend it was a rain event back East. All we have to do is dodge raindrops.

I get cold too easily especially my legs, so there is no way I would ever shovel snow in a skirt or dress of any kind. when I shovel snow I wear thermals on my legs, and heavy clothing to keep me warm. I have a snow removal business and I do wear a long denim dress when I am in the warm cab of the snow plow, I do bring thermals and other heavy clothes in the event I have to go out in the cold if I have a break down.