Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My friend is interested in crossdressing and would like some advice, he is petite?

My friend is interested in crossdressing and would like some advice, he is petite?

So my friend is interested in crossdressing but is not sure where to start. He is 5 foot 2, 120 pounds, 26 inch waist. He is very self conscious about his body.

1. will his body proportions allow him to pass as a woman or will he need to lose weight?

2. What type of clothing and styles would best suit his petite frame?

I will be sure to pass on the info to him, thanks ladies

sorry for the double post. I meant to post it here.

26 inch waist. My mistake. He is 30 years old. Doesnt have body hair or facial hair. He looks like a teenage boy to be honest. He face shape is round. He has a slim chest and torso. His legs and butt are thicker though. Sorry thats about the best I can give.
    Last edited by seanmuscle; 12-26-2009 at 07:21 AM.

Aspiring Member

Age appropriate clothing

Did you mean "she" has a 26" waist? I at 120lbs i believe that is what you meant. Wow, at that size her possibilities are endless. Pants and jeans should probably come from the Junior section as they are cut narrower. Misses Petites as well. Depending what kind of attention she wants to draw to herself she definitely needs to dress age appropriate. As you and she continue to read the various post you will have to deal with "passablity" or "Blending in." hope this helps.
    Rachel

Is he 220 lbs instead? If he really is size 26 he's gotta lose a lotta weight to find nice clothes.

Aspiring Member
    I am 5ft 2in weigh155lbs with a 29inwaist and wear a size 8 jean.

I am built similarly. As a male, I am at the edges of the size distribution.
    As a female, that is just about right. With only a little bit of effort, you may find that people pay little or no attention to you. It may be more a matter of moving and sitting more feminine than it is about appearance.

Best wishes to you both.

hot patootie,bles my soul marisa's Avatar
    i would kill to be 5ft 2inch and 120 lbs with a 26" waist. the possiblities could be endless. age appropriate clothing will make all the differance. how old is your friend? about the best thing i can sujest right now is hang out at a shopping mall and watch how the gg's that are in your age group dress and act. i've learned alot with that method. tell your friend not to worry so much about her body issues. everyone has some sort of issue with thier body. i have issues with almost every part of my body. but use'n clothes and make up and wigs the right way can offten hide or complment ones body. it will take time, patients and alot of experimenting to find the right look. there is a wealth of info on this site to make use of. some sujestions may work and some may not. sorry for the long post. just thought i'd share what i think.

Not quite sure how to take it when you say " has an interest in cross dressing", if he is trying it just for fun then let him wear whatever he likes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I'm wondering if it's a casual interest due to curiosity to see what all the "hubbub" is about or a real full blown interest in presenting a female illusion? That would make all the difference with any advice given.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    At that size he/she can wear pretty much what ever they want. That's the joy about being small--the selection of girls clothes to choose from increases. I'm 5'6 about 160 lbs and can squeeze (just barely) into a size 7 juniors jeans.

I'd say let your friend explore and discover for themselves what suits them best. Some girls like jeans, some girls like mini-skirts, some girls like suits. Don't let us decide for them.

Have fun.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

She will have a fun time shopping, because there are alot more options for her size, juniors, petite, womens. I am 5'8" 160lbs and fit comfortably into juniors size 7 jeans.
    Search junior or petite clothing and you will find hunderds of fun spots to browse.
    NOT your girl next door!

So why didn't you friend come here?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Is this one of those "I have friend .... " posts and it's NOT ??
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Mostly Harmless...
    Frankly said, it's really hard to say anything about how well he might pass without even seeing a picture of him. It's also rather hard to say anything about the style when you have no idea how the person would look like. A little more detailed look would be rather useful for us. It's not like you have to go and post a picture of him unless he wants you to do so. Just some simple things like head shape, hair length, facial hair/body hair etc.

The truth is that being small doesn't make one "female". One needs other things too. Being small is a big advantage, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Is a question that I was asking myself too. There shouldn't be all that many people who have no access to to internet nowadays.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    Is this one of those "I have friend .... " posts and it's NOT ??
    Nahhhhh.. Your just synical, Kelly!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k lynn View Post
    I am 5ft 2in weigh155lbs with a 29inwaist and wear a size 8 jean.
    Based on that measure, tell you friend to start with a size 4 jeans and go from there. I would even gamble a size 2.
    Keep in mind one company's size may vary from another's but size 4 would be the best starting point.

And for the top, maybe start with a size 6 or 4. two numbers more than the jeans.

Because of our male bodies, our tops will be a size bigger than our bottoms.
    Like my fat ass, my tops are 18/20 and jeans are a 16, normally.

And since she is just getting started, she will have to discover her best style, look, etc... so at first, buying clothes from a thrift store would be best, that way if she makes some serious fashion mistakes, it will not be costly. We ALL make mistakes. I know I have bought things and put it away and later think "why the heck did I buy that?"

Discovering one's own style takes some time, there are no real secrets or anything.
    However, one should dress best to flatter their age and figure. A young person should not dress like a grandparent, and a grandparent should not be dressing like Britney Spears. Well we have seen that happen, and it is fine for home enjoyment but if she is going to be going out in public, then dressing for age and figure are best.

AND for makeup, don't do what I did - I knew nothing about makeup at first and ended up buying most of my first makeup wardrobe from Elizabeth Arden (which is real expensive). Initially, just go with the cheap stuff (Like Cover girl, NYC, or maybe even Wet n Wild) until she becomes a pro. However, if she DOES insist on a good brand from the start, go with Sephora.

The road to womanhood, be one a CD, TS, whatever, is a journey. Enjoy it! It is a learning curve.

Sean, if it is you who wants to CD, listen, you are in good company. NO ONE here is going to judge you for wanting to CD or if you are TS. No, the judging and bickering doesn't come until you are an established, experienced member of the TG community. But we usually go easy on our new sisters.

Well, I could sit here and go on about all the things that come much later in the TG journey, but for now, concentrate on learning about clothing, makeup, and the like.
    With body size, the truth is, it is shape and not size that is masculine or feminine.
    Just yeah, any specific questions, just throw them over to us, one of us will know .
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I agree with Rachel M (with my name I would wouldn't I? ) ... errr now where was I? ... oh yes, at 5ft 2ins tall and assuming you meant a 26" waist then your friend is in a very good position indeed. IMHO the single biggest contributing thing to helping generate a more overall feminine look (especially with regard to first impressions from a distance) is the overall size of the person. If the stature of the person is small and slim that's a huge bonus towards passibility (assuming everything else is in place). Size alone is obviously not the only thing, but I think that even if your friend doesn't pass the choice available to him/her for women's clothes and shoes, straight off the rack, is huge!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Well, I'll tell you that it's not going to hurt being 5'2'' with a 26'' waist. And I wonder if her body issue's are part of her GID. A strong dislike of one's male appearence is one of those big one's. I bet that once she gets used to seeing the right appearence that her discomfort with herself will dissapate. Get her to a make over place! Carol

Of course, at 5-2 and 120 lbs. if he has a mug like Yasser Arafat, he'll need a lot of work.

Dam you are such a cutey Karren. First he doesnt know about this actual forum. I just want to pass on the advice to him since he is shy and only confided in me because he knows I love crossdressers.

Second he has a family and does not want to risk anybody seeing him on any crossdressing sites. Your help is much appreciated.

Mostly Harmless...
    Quote Originally Posted by seanmuscle View Post
    Dam you are such a cutey Karren. First he doesnt know about this actual forum. I just want to pass on the advice to him since he is shy and only confided in me because he knows I love crossdressers.
    You might want to tell him about this place. I mean, it's much easier to help if we can talk directly with him. He can also speak out things that he is worried/interested/etc. about. I promise, none of us will bite him!

Second he has a family and does not want to risk anybody seeing him on any crossdressing sites. Your help is much appreciated.
    It's rather easy to hide the visits to this page. So the chance of getting caught wouldn't be all that high at all if at all if you just pay some attention how you behave.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Shikyo View Post
    You might want to tell him about this place. I mean, it's much easier to help if we can talk directly with him. He can also speak out things that he is worried/interested/etc. about. I promise, none of us will bite him!

It's rather easy to hide the visits to this page. So the chance of getting caught wouldn't be all that high at all if at all if you just pay some attention how you behave.
    Thanks baby. I talked to him today but I keep getting the feeling that he is ashamed about it. And not to mention his kids frequently use the computer due to school work. There is only 1 in the household. He has appreciated all your helpful advice so far though.

Your friend has a perfect size to dress. He soon to be she can shop in the juniors or womens sections. at 5'2" she would be less noticable as a woman whereas tall ladies do draw attention. Have your friend join the site so he can ask questions for herself and get tips first hand. We would like to see pics once she feels comfortable.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Sean,admit it you are the one in panties and the dress.Cmon,SeanMuscle.....please!

Quote Originally Posted by bridget jones View Post
    Sean,admit it you are the one in panties and the dress.Cmon,SeanMuscle.....please!
    Well no. Maybe I will make it clear. I love crossdressers. But I myself have no intention of actually crossdressing. I am attracted to genetic girls too but crossdressers tend to be more feminine which is a quality I always look for in a girl.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Nahhhhh.. Your just synical, Kelly!! Lol.
    Karen, You got me again ..... just when I thought I was cured ! I pinky swear I did the 12 step program, or was it two ?
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57