Thread: First post + Breast forms + Thank You's

Smile First post + Breast forms + Thank You's

I would like to thank everyone on here, especially TamaraV and Sally2005 for the excellent advice on attaching breast forms using adhesive spray, I tried the elmers spray today on Sally2005's excellent advice. (plus walgreens had it and they were the only place open on christmas day!) I have size 12 forms, golden seal triangular from the breast form store, (yeah, I know!) and even these monstrosities stayed attached, for 16 hours and counting!

Unfortunately, I will have to remove them around noon because my cousin is coming by to check our my new place, but wow!! I have never been able to attach them so well with tapes! Only the very top edges are peeling away, and I was even able to restick them by re-applying pressure there. I think maybe the glue on the edges was still too wet, since I sprayed extra there just in case.

I have been lurked on here for over a year but finally felt the need to speak up today after reading such a great thread! Less than 10 dollars spent and my forms are attached soo perfectly that I just cannot believe it!

Ironically I have discovered that they bounce quite a bit less this way than before! I guess u never realized how much the forms were sliding up and down against my skin as they moved around, but the feeling is SOO much more natural, I am just beside myself!!

Now what I need is a reccomendation as to where to go for a quick jaunt out of the house! I have been out driving several times, and walking around the neighborhood at night, etc. but do not yet have the makeupor the skills to apply to try to pass inthe daytime. I know I am a beginner at this, but does anyone have am suggestions that I could use?

Either way, thanks for reading my first post!

(P.S. I did go to walgreens to buy the adhesive while wearing my huge forms today, which was a first for me being in a store with other people, but... I was in drab wearing a large winter coat. )

Lisa, first off, welcome. Glad to have you join us. Now be very carefull the PINK fog doesn't get hold of you and never let you go. On second thought, you may enjoy it.

Happy New Year.

Rey

Isn't it great to actually need to wear a bra?

For makeup read a few of Karren's posts and check out her links. And remember youtube has lots of makeup videos. Just do a search. Also there are a lot of all-in-one gift boxed makeup kits on the market at drug and department stores--and most are probably on sale. You usually need to buy a foundation that matches your skin tone separately. It is fun to buy makeup at a makeup counter (with expert advice), HOWEVER if you are shy--get the kit in a box. Its a gift for someone special. (you).

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar
    Thanks for the beauty advice. I'll try that on mine next time. Keep posting
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

What did you use to remove the glue?

Quote Originally Posted by rayander01 View Post
    Lisa, first off, welcome. Glad to have you join us. Now be very carefull the PINK fog doesn't get hold of you and never let you go. On second thought, you may enjoy it.

Happy New Year.

Rey
    I am afraid it may be too late! I have been doing this since I was about 14, but this new revelation that even my admittedly overly large forms can be securely attached, coupled with the fact that I am finally living in my own place without roomates(as of this week!), is likely to see Lisia taking over more often than not! I had practically given up on attaching them at all, due to their weight!

Wow, was that a run-on sentence or what?

Quote Originally Posted by madison lee View Post
    What did you use to remove the glue?
    I used Goo Gone, as suggested, but I welcome anyone else's suggestions! Seemed to work pretty well without taking too long. Most of the stuff stayed stuck to the forms and not myself, when I removed them. If I had been more patient I am pretty sure almost none would have been left, but I had a surprise visitor at my door!

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR771 View Post
    Isn't it great to actually need to wear a bra?

For makeup read a few of Karren's posts and check out her links. And remember youtube has lots of makeup videos. Just do a search. Also there are a lot of all-in-one gift boxed makeup kits on the market at drug and department stores--and most are probably on sale. You usually need to buy a foundation that matches your skin tone separately. It is fun to buy makeup at a makeup counter (with expert advice), HOWEVER if you are shy--get the kit in a box. Its a gift for someone special. (you).
    Great was not the word at the time, it was UNBELIEVABLE!! I absolutely can't wait to try it again later today.

If it wasn't for my surprise visitor, I am pretty sure I would still have them on right now! lol

About the makeup, let's just assume that I am very shy. I could get the kit in a box as a 'gift', but do you have any advice on the matching foundation? This is my last hurdle, I think, before taking the makeup plunge. I just don't want to look like a ghost/clown/porcelain doll!

Any suggestions for stores or brands to buy the kit in? About how much money are we talking about here?

Thanks for the advice!

Lisia
    Last edited by az_azeel; 12-26-2009 at 06:25 PM. Reason: merged posts... please use the edit button

I finally resigned myself to admitting that most of what I considered to be "creatively successful" ploys crafted to convince store clerks I was buying for someone other than myself... Actually was just a "story" that convinced only me...just enough to give me the confidence to carry out my mission...hehehe.

Anyway, here is one of them.
    I would explain to the clerk that I was preparing to have the "sun/age spots" on my face "repaired" by a dermatologist procedure. I was instructed to purchase a "concealer" (or whatever) that matched my complexion, which I would apply until I "healed".

Hey, it worked great at the cosmetic counters! Either that, or there are lots of aspiring actresses in the cosmetic depts missing their calling... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    I finally resigned myself to admitting that most of what I considered to be "creatively successful" ploys crafted to convince store clerks I was buying for someone other than myself... Actually was just a "story" that convinced only me...just enough to give me the confidence to carry out my mission...hehehe.

Anyway, here is one of them.
    I would explain to the clerk that I was preparing to have the "sun/age spots" on my face "repaired" by a dermatologist procedure. I was instructed to purchase a "concealer" (or whatever) that matched my complexion, which I would apply until I "healed".

Hey, it worked great at the cosmetic counters! Either that, or there are lots of aspiring actresses in the cosmetic depts missing their calling... lol
    lol that is better than anything I would be able to come up with! I have had a couple of SA's in stores give me their best "yeah right" face when I say I am buying for someone else!

Aspiring Member

Breast forms

Boy, I started with size 8's I can't imagine having grande Tetons up front. But
    the best of all views.

Wow adhesive spray any side effects besides sheer delight and thrills,
    did it bother your skin or forms at all?

Say that you are going on television, but that it's a cheap production and they said you would have to do your own makeup. All men on television wear makeup, some a lot more than others. Certainly all of them get foundation applied, it's no big deal.

For example, I was interviewed for a documentary, and they said I had to do my own makeup. The other times I was on television, they had a makeup artist on staff to do me up.

Any good makeup artist at a cosmetics counter would be able to do a man's makeup. Obviously no eye makeup, but concealer and foundation and powder, along with (subtle) blush and lip color. No one remembers Al Gore debating Bush and all anyone could talk about was his blush being overdone?

Quote Originally Posted by diannecourtney View Post
    Boy, I started with size 8's I can't imagine having grande Tetons up front. But
    the best of all views.
    Thank you! I am going to get some more 'practical' ones very soon, but I LOVE these as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda Freeman View Post
    Wow adhesive spray any side effects besides sheer delight and thrills,
    did it bother your skin or forms at all?
    No, those were just about the only side effects! I have actually had them on for about 40 hours now at this point and everything seems fine! (hmm, well better than fine actually!)

Quote Originally Posted by cordgrass View Post
    Say that you are going on television, but that it's a cheap production and they said you would have to do your own makeup. All men on television wear makeup, some a lot more than others. Certainly all of them get foundation applied, it's no big deal.

For example, I was interviewed for a documentary, and they said I had to do my own makeup. The other times I was on television, they had a makeup artist on staff to do me up.

Any good makeup artist at a cosmetics counter would be able to do a man's makeup. Obviously no eye makeup, but concealer and foundation and powder, along with (subtle) blush and lip color. No one remembers Al Gore debating Bush and all anyone could talk about was his blush being overdone?
    This is a great idea! I am still thinking about just telling the truth also, that would be a new thing for me in this situation!

Thanks everyone for being so warm and welcoming! I just can't believe what a great bunch of ladies are here!

Lisia