Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why can't I ???

All this back and forth and personal points of view has gotten away from the original issue: how to resolve the apparent standoff.
    Here's a guy who wants to occasionally crossdress, perhaps just in certain articles of clothing. No mention of dressing completely or going out en femme. Stated that he did not want to become a woman. Otherwise is able and willing to be the man, father and husband. She says no way, no how, no time.
    If you push for acceptance, it could end the marriage. And, an angry ex could blab to the employer, ending your employment. I know, living in the deep South, I would absolutely lose my job if my boss found out about me. We can argue whether that's fair or not, but it's the way it is.
    So I think the best solution in this case under the given circumstances is: Don't bring it up again, dress privately, get a better storage place, be careful, and enjoy yourself.
    Doc, as usual, provides simple clarity and wisdom.

wow! Fericely intense reading.. This thread is wild.. My personal experience is as follows. I have dressed "in the closet" for many years, since I was about 6 or 7.. I repressed it for a few years, ignoring it as best I could from about 24-27.. Then I started back up again.. in the attic, or garage.. wherever I could stash a few things.. only doing it now and then.. Finally, I was at walmart one night, and saw this very cute pajama set, (Cami and panty) and some nice comfy cotton panties.. I bought em, and took em home and told my wife. Well, that went over like a lead balloon.. She gave in to the panties... Then finally gave in to the cami for sleeping only.. I then after a few months, introduced a new nightgown.. that went over tensley, but ok.. after she got used to that, I came out and told her I like to dress more than just at night.. And that didnt go so good.. She looked disgusted when she saw me looking THAT feminine.. it hurt me to see her that way.. Not that she didnt accept me, but that I had failed her.. I know what I made myself out to be when we got together, and that was not what I really am.. In my defense, I was reperessing it.. Thinking I didnt need it.. That it WASN'T me.. but it was.. I am a crosdresser.. And HOW.. I love all things femme.. Does that mean I have to deny myself this? No.. Does this mean I have the right to dress this way, and be myself 24/7? Yes.. Should I expect her to be understanding and supportive of me and help me transition into this feminine persona? HE** NO! She has the right to be happy, and expect that the man she met is the man she married, and that man is going to be there for her all the days of her life.. If I come out now and say hey, btw, I now want you to also love and accept this OTHER womanly part of me, and you'll have to suck it up.. Well, that is wrong.. I will still dress, on occassion.. I "underdress" all the time.. I wear nightgowns, and nighties to bed, and she has very graciously accepted that. I love her for that.. If I can't deal with this arrangement, and she cant deal with me dressing, then I will have to allow her to leave. Though it would break my heart. But I certainly can't EXPECT her to be supportive. And I dont want to rock the boat, because I know the bed I am in I made.. and I must lay in it. I am truly envious of those who go shopping together, and to dinner, and such.. but alas, this isn't to be so much for me and my lovely wife. But who knows what the future holds..
    Even if you ARE the sharpest tool in the shed, your still a tool.