Thread: Question: What is "pink fog"? Seriously now.

Question: What is "pink fog"? Seriously now.

Need help, girls. In between trying on boots, I began to ponder this "pink fog" bidness ... what is it?? Help!

Gen

Not sure if there is an official definition, but pink fog to me is basically the state of being where you are so caught up in dressing, whether it's actually doing it, or even just thinking about it that you lose sight of reality for a bit and pretty much everything revolves around CD'ing... when can I do it next, what will I wear next, when will the kids ever go to bed?!... this state of mind is often accompanied by an excessive desire to shop and BUY STUFF to support your desires

I will admit to a pretty much permanent light pink fog (can you say addictive personality??)

VS Fan

Hi Gen, First I'd like to say that your name rings a bell because there is a lake and city in southeastern Wi called Lake Geneva. Hugh Hefner built one of his Playboy resorts there and it was going strong for quite a number of years. Now getting to your question, the "pink fog" is an overwhelming feeling of femininity that blindsides you and causes you to think of all things pretty. It can be triggered by almost anything we see, touch, or even think, which might be closely linked to our feminine side. In your case it was the boots, but it can be something as covert as seeing a GG wearing a gorgeous pair of earrings, or a whiff of her perfume. It's a wonderful feeling that makes us long for all things feminine. I hope that answers your question.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

For me pink fog is when I see a GG and say to myself " I really want to be a woman" or when I take time off work to crossdress or see a dress and think "That's it' I'm on a diet cos I want that dress!!". I've been through stages in my life where I've lived 99% of my free time as a woman and I really miss that now I can't do it. I love shopping for clothes and my male wardrobe is dwindling cos I hate wearing those clothes.

Pink Fog

Pink Fog is being so caught up in your CDing side of life that it interferes with normal judgement. An example might be buying another pair of boots (really cute boots too) but you had to borrow the cash from your kids lunch money. That sort of thing! Working at a place that doesn't understand or tolerate CDing and pushing the envelope there by wearing nail polish or lip gloss.

In life sometimes we need to have restraint on our femme side especially if we are not out yet.

I hope that these examples help. Remember there are others around you that you care for. Don't screw things by being so absorbed in your femme side that you neglect them.

Edy

I tend to live in a "pink fog".

[SIZE="2"]Similar to addiction, can't get enough, euphoria, ignoring reason, and wisdom.[/SIZE]

Hi Geneva,
    You have to define the Pink Fog for yourself. All the answers above are real good and so very close. For me the Fog is only skin deep and slipping into the Fog (a fem daze) is oh so easy. Sometimes its hard to come back to reality.

Hugs,
    Alive

A fabricated excuse to throw reason to the wind when it comes to the problems, expense and general nutiness of CDing. Sort of akin to what Flip Wilson as Geraldine said:"The devil made me do it." The tendency to blame an "external force" for the compulsion that grips CDers.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Yep all of the above. It is different for all of us. But at the same time,it's the same. And it is always pink. LOL
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    A fabricated excuse to throw reason to the wind when it comes to the problems, expense and general nutiness of CDing. Sort of akin to what Flip Wilson as Geraldine said:"The devil made me do it." The tendency to blame an "external force" for the compulsion that grips CDers.
    There ya go!
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

If you have time to ponder fink fog then your not shopping hard enough!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Geneva Lake
    Need help, girls. In between trying on boots, I began to ponder this "pink fog" bidness ... what is it?? Help!
    [SIZE="2"]I call it “Pink Sunshine.” Stand in the light, cast a femme shadow, and feel the warmth within…[/SIZE]

I had never heard this term before coming here....but I LOVE it! lol All of your answers are so true!

Currently lost in the fog and most likely not coming out for a few days...The fog is telling me that I really NEED to know how long this breast form adhesive is going to hold for!

Gold Member
    Your first time out enfemme, and you WILL experience the "pink fog."

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    It used to be an awesome drink at the Queen Mary Showbar in LA!

For me the "pink" is the warm euphoria you feel when you are en femme. That feeling that the outside and the inside match. Its like the feeling of a warm blanket over you on a cold winters eve.

The "fog" is the addictiveness of that feeling of Euphoria. You can't stop thinking about it. You constantly desire the femme feeling sooooo much that it can distort reality.

Two bits of advice:

1. Never make a life altering decission or drive after having a couple of the Queen's Pink Fogs.

2. Never make a life changing decission when you are in the pink fog.

Both will get you in trouble.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Smile Re pink fog

I like Denise's definition I'd love to meet you someday

Gold Member
    One definition of Pink Fog is when I pass gas, cause it smells of pink carnations.

No but for real, it is when you are "feeling" the whole femme'd up think, kind of like an adrenaline rush or state of euphoria.
    It is when your femme side is never far from your mind.

Enjoy it while you can. once you get used to it and start living more and more full time, you get to be like some of us and actually think - "Naw I don't feel like wearing makeup, too much hassle".
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JiFem9ll View Post
    Hi Gen, First I'd like to say that your name rings a bell because there is a lake and city in southeastern Wi called Lake Geneva.
    Some anglophones think there is a Lake Geneva in Switzerland, but they really mean Lac Leman - the other name is a myth spread by the inhabitants of Geneva

Getting back to Pink Fog, I think if you ask any 2 people on this forum you will probably get about 5 different definitions.

For me Pink Fog is when I cannot concentrate on anything other than my desire to cross dress to the point where it impairs my judgement. It can also be when you just can't resist buying that extra girly item in the sales - not because you want it, but because its calling to you.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

If you're interested in getting a GG's impression, pink fog is not the sense of happiness, wholeness, or euphoria that comes with the freedom of expression. It is the self-absorption that can accompany those feelings to the point where responsibilities and loved ones' needs are disregarded.

I don't know if it causes any hardships among the single CDs, but it has ruined relationships.
    Reine

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    If you're interested in getting a GG's impression, pink fog is not the sense of happiness, wholeness, or euphoria that comes with the freedom of expression. It is the self-absorption that can accompany those feelings to the point where responsibilities and loved ones' needs are disregarded.

I don't know if it causes any hardships among the single CDs, but it has ruined relationships.
    Yes..I agree with Reine here. From my time at this forum, I have seen some CDing activity become an obsession at the expense of loved ones. An unfortunate side affect of the pink fog.

Pink Fog is when you and your Cding comes first before all other things .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar

You said it so much better than I could
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I agree 100% with Reine's conclusion about the potential outcomes associated with the "pink fog." Like narcotic drug or alcohol abuse, the addict often disregards responsibilities and loved ones with a singular focus on the next fix but you can't ignore the effects that lead to this outcome. It may be interesting to some, for example, to compare the "pink fog" to the effects of narcotic drug abuse.

"Effects: Drug effects depends heavily on the dose, route of administration, previous exposure to the drug, and the expectation of the user. Narcotics produce a general sense of well-being, euphoria, and can reduce tension, anxiety, and aggression. These effects are helpful in a therapeutic setting and contribute to their popularity as recreational drugs, as well as helping to produce dependency. It should be noted that these effects may not be experienced all at once, or at all. Narcotic use is associated with a variety of side effects including sleeplessness, inability to concentrate, apathy, lessened physical activity, and drastically reduced attention-span. Reported subjective, mental, and physical effects also include a sense of pleasure, ranging from mild relaxation and freedom from irritation and worry, to wild euphoria. As the dose is increased, the subjective, analgesic, and toxic effects become more pronounced."

"Tolerance and dependence: With repeated use of narcotics, tolerance and dependence may develop. The development of tolerance is characterized by a shortened duration and a decreased intensity of analgesia, euphoria, and sedation, which creates the need to administer progressively larger doses to attain the desired effect."

I think many would see the parallels to the other girls comments about the "pink fog" and more generally about CDing.