Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ladies that date men: would you be a traditional wife?

That is my dream, yes!

Chrissy

http://skirtnheels.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by seanmuscle View Post
    Let the man provide, protect and care for you. In return would you cook, clean and do his laundry?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen564 View Post
    Are you kidding me?, Of course I would, and more,,,who wouldn't..
    Things have changed. Men don't want the 50's wife anymore. Families need 2 paychecks to survive.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Things have changed. Men don't want the 50's wife anymore. Families need 2 paychecks to survive.
    Come on Reine, don't kill the dream job for me, a girl can dream if she wants too....

Actually, I do know a few lucky women that really do have a husband that are excellent providers that don't need that extra income, and live very well...

But that's more of the exception than the rule these days...

But I would Love to be the exception too..

[SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Come on Reine, don't kill the dream job for me, a girl can dream if she wants too....
    Sorry ... yes, a girl can dream if she wants to.

Personal story in a nutshell: I was once married to such a man and I lost my identity in the process. Maybe a stronger woman than me wouldn't have lost herself.
    Reine

GypsyKaren
    Good luck finding a man who can provide, protect, and care for himself, let alone someone else...get real.

Karen

Yeah Karen get a job!
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Banned Read only

....but would I have to have (gasp) sex?

I'm with Karen and Kelly on this one.

It's a little embarrassing to admit but that fantasy actually kinda turns me on.

What a wonderful daydream.

-Misty

Personal story in a nutshell: I was once married to such a man and I lost my identity in the process. Maybe a stronger woman than me wouldn't have lost herself.
    Awwwwww, I'm sorry, and I know that has happened to many other women too, including my own sister after she found out he was cheating on her with their babysitter which was also a student in his HS class...they divorced and had to provide for herself because the child support wasn't enough...

I guess that proves that we should always be prepared & ready to have the means to provide for ourselves just in case anything goes wrong at a moments notice..

So thanks Reine, your advise is well understood & I thank you so much for reminding me of that...

[SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Karen, it's OK. I still like to believe in Cinderella too.
    Reine

I'd like to keep my job, but I could do it from home for the most part. As of now I work from home at least 2 or 3 days a week. That would make it ideal if we had kids.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Karen, it's OK. I still like to believe in Cinderella too.
    Great then, Don't stop believing, because that very same sister meet such a great guy later on, he was a single dad of my nieces best friend down the street from them, I used to see him at all the B-day parties we had for the kids, and he had just went though a terrible divorce recently too, and he just so happened to have a great job, a CFO in S&W, then onto a big promotion to Murray as the CFO which is HUGE, and then onto another company... After 20 years of marriage now, he's still one of the nicest guy's I ever known, besides my dad of course....and she been able to live in her fairy tail dream house and lives the good life and very happy now thanks to him..
    I'm always telling her shes So lucky to have him......lol
    So dreams can come true...
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

I'd go nuts in that kind of arrangement. The whole concept would make me feel trapped. "What I have to stay at home and sort the house while you go out and live?"
    There seems to be so much finality to it all. Get married, have kids, become a house wife.. It would feel like being in a cage for me. Knowing what I'd have to do day in day out for the rest of my life would crush my spirit.
    I've already been housebound through sickness, no way would I do it again willingly for another.

I wouldn't be interested in a man who felt that he had to look after me in that way. I want an equal partner, someone who doesn't expect me to act a certain way because of my gender.
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.

Mostly Harmless...
    I'd love to, but I know it ain't going to happen. Not necessary with a man, though. *giggles*

As for reality I think it would be wiser to divide the household jobs between the two and have both work.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Hi...
    This would be very hard for me to accept a man . so i would say no .
    I know this sounds like a male hater . & in many ways it is . i prefer being around women .
    I know we Jos & i have been married for 35 years & to gether for 37 . so doing things ..like around the home done that for years . & still do . not as a male or a woman . just me as who i am.
    Having kids yes . looking after them & loving them yes . & being with them . yes .

Having a man around . the mere fact of. makes me crawl all over . while reading these posts . just hammered me . sorry guys . it just the way i m wired . i cant explain it .
    To have a relationship with a man ...oh dear ...no...& any way at 62 . i dont think so .

...noeleena...

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    In my dreams. I'm a prety traditional spouse as it happens.

and she been able to live in her fairy tail dream house and lives the good life and very happy now thanks to him..
    Lol. I'm very happy for her! But my inner-Cinderella wants to provide for herself in a meaningful and creative way, AND have a partner who believes in her dreams too.
    Reine

[SIZE=4]Absolutely YES! I'd love to act as someone's wife![/SIZE]

Trophy Wife

I agree with rogina garter "Trophy Wife"

I would keep myself in shape.
    Wear sexy clothes.
    Work for non-profits, go out a lot.
    and of course keep both of us satisfied ( plus some ).

Quote Originally Posted by rogina garter View Post
    I only want to be a trophy wife....dayspa,hair ,nails,gym,lunching,picking out new window treatments,etc. Oh,everything else,well,I do most of that now without batting an eyelash and in a skirt to boot. But,I can have a trophy wife fantasy..

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    I don't date men because I am married, but I do handle most of the female roles around the house. I do the laundry, keep the house clean, and share the cooking duties. I tell my wife all the time that I missed my calling and should have been a housewife. To me it would be the perfect life...
    Me too....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Three years ago I took a year off and stayed home with the kids. It was a blast as long as the kids were around. Summer was the best. Went to the beach a lot and went camping. However, when they went back to school in the fall, I soon found it very lonely and boring. By the spring I was ready to go back to work. My wife also told me I should either go back to school or get a job, because staying at home was doing me no good. At about the same time I won the lottery of life. I was involved in a car accident that could have killed me. Seond faster and a near miss. A second later and possible death. Made me want to refocus my life and I have yet to look back.

I used to believe that if I came into enough that I no longer needed to work, I would just hang out. After being able to take a year off, I have totaly rethought that. I know there a lot of people that are or would make great stay at home parents but I found that was not me.

Ladies be carefull what you wish for.

As long as he shares the bacon, I'd be the perfect wife!

stay at home

well i'm uniployed at the moment. ive been doing all the cooking for the past 20 yrs and now i do all the laundry the wife likes it because #1 she hates doing it #2 she likes it because i get out the stains she gets on her blouses she calls me darby and when im running behind on keeping the house she threatens to take away my sock and house frock that I like to clean in I love this role
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!

Wink

I'd love to with the right man, but I have to look like that woman in that pic, and I definitely want that dress too, maybe in pink tho.

Karen
    Lucky to be a girl 95.33% of the time

Me too. The first thing he did was tell me what I could or couldn't wear when going out of the house. He wanted me in loose baggy frumpy clothes, no makeup, and he wanted to know where I was going and who I'd be seeing.

Well my wife says it all the time that I am a good housewife. I do all the cooking, laundry and most of the cleaning. One day as I was preparing dinner my wife was watching sipping her wine, she commented; "that I flitted around the kitchen like I was June Cleaver all I was missing was the dress and pearl neckless" As far as a man, well I do have strong desires there as well and it would be a dream come true to be a man's wife.