Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ladies that date men: would you be a traditional wife?

I would go in that sort of situation, the stay at home housewife is not for me.

I'm happy with the way things are with us, an equal partnership and it works well.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

omg doesn't anyone sleep ?? :):):)

I"m away from this thread for 12 hours and there are pages of entries...maybe that thread suggesting we are addicted is more correct that I was willing to acknowledge!

ROFL!!!

tina

trophy

Yah Ill cook clean etc... all i ask for is that little silver card...

I don't think anyone wants to be a "Stepford Wife" anymore
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I might cook, but that's about it. I'd be wayyyyy too bored not to be working
    removed

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

What a GREAT thread!

I keep falling off my chair laffing! And now I'm bleeding! From biting my tongue so hard!

MORE, please!? This is too GOOD!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

why is it I expect two people in ice cream tuxs to come out yelling "Smiles everyone...smiles"?

Staying at home. Sounds like 'fun'? Your traditional hubby comes home from a long day at work (it is hard making millions everyday...what with the lunches and martinis and the extra apartment for his secretary...sorry I digress). He loosens his tie and removes his jacket to put on a cardigan sweater and you run to him with his pipe and slippers wearing that pretty gown you bought just today with pearls and heels. You are ready to go out for a nice meal and maybe some dancing. He wants to stay home, where you have been, and watch some TV,which you have become bored of. So, there you are after spending the whole day in that same house now staying in that same house. What do you talk about? He won't hear about how you cooked, cleaned, mended his socks and otherwise kept busy today. You try and look interested in his day, but soon you think you could be doing something else like...slamming your hand in the door. Fantasies are wonderful aren't they? Has anyone ever wondered why those TV shows only lasted a few years? The wife got fed up with the staying home and ran off with the milk man.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-29-2009 at 01:28 PM.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by seanmuscle View Post
    Let the man provide, protect and care for you. In return would you cook, clean and do his laundry? Perhaps pick out his suit and tie too... maybe even wear maids outfit!

http://carthage.cementhorizon.com/ar...wife_happy.jpg
    So, Sean, I have to ask -- is your question purely academic, or are you actually in the market for such a relationship? What I mean is, are you up to such a challenge in our society? Would you be comfortable being open with the world about your relationship with a crossdresser?

As for your question, I would adore being a wife, traditional or contemporary. And if you like for your honey to slip on a maid's outfit occasionally, well, there's nothing wrong with spicing up the love life, right?

Some people just seem to see the worst in everything. I don't get it. I don't look at the world through rose colored glasse, but I don't see doom and gloom around every corner either. "If I can't have it..it's no damn good!"
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

If it worked in our situation, I'd stay home and be a house-wife. I couldn't just do that, though, or I'd go crazy. Working part-time, having outside activities, and so on is important.

Considering my education and career path I'll probably make much more than my fiancee, so it'd be silly (financially at least) for me to stay home and send her to work . If my fiancee ever wanted to work part-time and take care of the house, that'd be fine with me, just so long as she had other things going on in her life for enrichment. We can't be isolated, it's just not healthy.

I'm not one for the trophy wife thing. I want to be beautiful and desirable, but I'd rather be valued for what I can do, and who I am. So, in short, my answers are boring...
    Last edited by sempervirens; 12-29-2009 at 05:06 PM. Reason: grammar

Gold Member
    This HAS turned into quite an interesting discussion surrounding the "traditional" role of the housewife vs a more contempory version. I guess whatever fantasy, dream, or whatever makes you happy, then go with it. As I said earlier, I think I would wind up like a caged animal if all I did was cater to a spouse. Yes there are nice aspects of this type of role, but how many of you are thinking along those lines after having spent many years in a hectic job 40+ hours per week, and would really LOVE to drop it all for a simpler role in life?

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Some people just seem to see the worst in everything. I don't get it. I don't look at the world through rose colored glasse, but I don't see doom and gloom around every corner either. "If I can't have it..it's no damn good!"
    Honey, I did have it. Just be careful about the man who asks for such a thing, and understand what he's really asking to have.

Do men really believe that a womans role is in the kitchen, cleaning and looking after kids? I thought this was 2009.. not 1950

And to those that would 'love' to be like this, I'm pretty sure the novelty would wear off pretty damn quick...
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

If a guy can afford to take care of me, he can afford a maid- he wouldn't expect me to clean the whole mansion by myself.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    Yes there are nice aspects of this type of role, but how many of you are thinking along those lines after having spent many years in a hectic job 40+ hours per week, and would really LOVE to drop it all for a simpler role in life?
    ME!!!!!

It's all the same, everything gets monotonous after a while, I don't care what you do for work, unless you fly the space shuttle or something exciting, but even then, that's bound to get boring after a while too..

I did my time & then some for over 30 years in very hectic fast paced jobs, I think that my overtime may matches my reg. time, yeah, that's right, I did double shifts & weekends for more years than I care to remember...

I do love staying at home now, it's a nice change of pace, and it doesn't mean a mandatory prison sentence, I had that when I had a job, that was my prison..

Besides, even stay at home housewives don't really stay home all day...They go shopping!!!, chat with friends over coffee, etc then when home, do what needs to get done, speaking of which, I need to hurry up & finish up my cleaning and get some groceries.....I have to cook dinner soon..
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

No, not at all. Its about him and me being happy. Though I'd expect to take on most of the housework. But it depends on whether he has a job and a number of other things. I'm not sure life is black and white.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Very interesting thread. I, like a few others here, have seen the stay at home mom from the point of view of a kid and also as the working husband. I grew up in the 50's when just about every kid I knew had a stay at home mom. In some ways it was even more confining than you might imagine. Most families only had 1 car so when dad was at work you walked or took the bus. We only had one telephone so no cell phone or Internet for that matter and only three channels on TV. With all that as a headwind my mother still had a pretty good life. Aside from the cooking, cleaning, laundry (no dryer), and childcare, she belonged to a couple of social clubs, had church functions, would occasionally go to a movie matinee, or a bus trip to see a Broadway show. She talked to her girlfriends face to face who were also stay at home mom's. And there was plenty of family around since we weren't such a mobile society back then.

When I was the bread winner and my wife gladly gave up her job and was the stay at home mom things had improved. She had her own car, more channels on TV, volunteer work at church and a local hospital, and a husband who got much more time off than my mother ever enjoyed from my father. Now that I'm retired and get to spend as much time at home as I like, I cook and clean, do volunteer work, lots of hobbies...it's a good life. In a dress, even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    This HAS turned into quite an interesting discussion surrounding the "traditional" role of the housewife vs a more contempory version. I guess whatever fantasy, dream, or whatever makes you happy, then go with it. As I said earlier, I think I would wind up like a caged animal if all I did was cater to a spouse. Yes there are nice aspects of this type of role, but how many of you are thinking along those lines after having spent many years in a hectic job 40+ hours per week, and would really LOVE to drop it all for a simpler role in life?
    You need to throw a 2 year old into the mix. That'll liven things up.

I really can't believe the number of posts on this thread that seem to trivialise the housewife's role and how much simpler it must be. Must be all soaps and bon-bons.
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Staying at home. Sounds like 'fun'? Your traditional hubby comes home from a long day at work (it is hard making millions everyday...what with the lunches and martinis and the extra apartment for his secretary...sorry I digress). He loosens his tie and removes his jacket to put on a cardigan sweater and you run to him with his pipe and slippers wearing that pretty gown you bought just today with pearls and heels. You are ready to go out for a nice meal and maybe some dancing. He wants to stay home, where you have been, and watch some TV,which you have become bored of. So, there you are after spending the whole day in that same house now staying in that same house. What do you talk about? He won't hear about how you cooked, cleaned, mended his socks and otherwise kept busy today. You try and look interested in his day, but soon you think you could be doing something else like...slamming your hand in the door. Fantasies are wonderful aren't they? Has anyone ever wondered why those TV shows only lasted a few years? The wife got fed up with the staying home and ran off with the milk man.
    Right on...

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    Do men really believe that a womans role is in the kitchen, cleaning and looking after kids? I thought this was 2009.. not 1950

And to those that would 'love' to be like this, I'm pretty sure the novelty would wear off pretty damn quick...
    ...and right on again!!!

Sure, the whole concept sounds like an overblown fantasy, something that would get old after a week/month, year tops. Remember, those women who are lucky enough to not have to work are doing so much more than catering to their guy. They have kids to care for, they volunteer in schools, you name it...all while maintaining a household. It's a 24/7 job, not fantasyland.

Those who may not have kids who might better fit the stereotypical fantasy likely have a half-dozen like-situated friends who are there for social interaction outside of the home. D'ya think the average transgended woman who is plugged into such a fantastical situation will have the same support network? I'm thinking not.

But as far as a dream goes, knock yourselves out. There's nothing wrong with having a little fun thinking of the "what-if's" in our lives.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I would be the one out making money as a rock star and HE would be my toy!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen564 View Post
    Besides, even stay at home housewives don't really stay home all day...They go shopping!!!, chat with friends over coffee, etc then when home, do what needs to get done
    HAH! You are looking to get a rise out of GGs with that comment?

No, we raise our children, keep them on task with their homework and other obligations, run them around to all their activities and sports, do fundraising for all the activities and sports, become home-room moms and organize school parties, trips, birthday parties, etc, take care of household chores and cooking, run around doing errands for the rest of the family and mind all their appointments, help our friends mind their kids so they can return same when we have emergencies.

I had no time or energy to put on makeup regularly and do things like take care of my nails. When I got together with friends, it was with kids so they could play and we never got to finish a conversation. I enjoyed every minute of it, but it was not the idealized experience many TGs seem to believe it is.

I can't imagine having done all of that in the 50's when home appliances were rudimentary at best. The women in the fashion mags of the era must have looked that fabulous just once per week when they went to Church. Or they didn't have kids.
    Reine

Gold Member
    I agree Reine..most likely they didn't have kids! Let's leave the 50's in the past.

I have never dated guys but I grew up observing this type of relationship. I believe I could fall into the same if the right man came along. Only time will tell if that'll ever happen,huh? I would like to be more of the Peg Bundy type,with the sex thing more available though....hahaha!

i don't date guys, but i think i would like it.

You ladies getting into cat fights LOL.

First I dont mind if the woman has a part time job. I was mainly referring to the man working the longer hours and having a higher salary than her. My wife will always have everything she needs. And I would never ignore my wife when I come home. I would bring her flowers, kiss her, bring her to dinner and dancing. Chat like there is no tomorrow. Maybe give her a sensual massage with my strong masculine hands and make her feel like a woman in the bedroom.

I hate how some here assume we dont care about the relationship and that we want a slave. Some here point out the most extreme situations of a bad husband. I am a masculine man. I want a feminine wife that I love, honor and respect. I love the roles that come with that but I will ALWAYS treat her as my beautiful lady and spoil her.

I will hold her in my muscular arms and always protect her. Leave her love letters. Buy her lingerie. Let her have the week to herself at the spa. Cook dinner for her once in a while.

Stop stereotyping traditional men as bad.