Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ladies that date men: would you be a traditional wife?

Gold Member
    OK, for me, I'm not stereotyping traditional males as bad any more than I'm stereotyping traditional women as outdated. Let's face it, by the 60's the stereotypical role of the "housewife" was beginning to fade and today is no longer the norm. What I'm saying is that while there are many who would still enjoy this role, most will not. Now I can appreciate what you're saying, but you mentioned that you wouldn't mind the wife having a part-time job while the man works longer hours and makes a higher salary. What if the wife wanted to work full-time and made a higher salary than the man (not a typical scenario, but not out of the question)? The romantic aspect is wonderful, but don't limit her horizons.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    OK, for me, I'm not stereotyping traditional males as bad any more than I'm stereotyping traditional women as outdated. Let's face it, by the 60's the stereotypical role of the "housewife" was beginning to fade and today is no longer the norm. What I'm saying is that while there are many who would still enjoy this role, most will not. Now I can appreciate what you're saying, but you mentioned that you wouldn't mind the wife having a part-time job while the man works longer hours and makes a higher salary. What if the wife wanted to work full-time and made a higher salary than the man (not a typical scenario, but not out of the question)? The romantic aspect is wonderful, but don't limit her horizons.
    No women that I have ever met wants to make more money or work longer than the husband. And no I would not want a woman like that. I like the traditional, feminine wife that I spoil and romance. I would not mind if she works part time like I said though. I like a soft, caring and maternal wife.

I too am Hedro

But I am an housewife now!

I Cook,Clean & Do Windows.

I am not into sports one bit, I hate sports, I love to shop, I love anything gilry and love my wife.
    "Originally Posted by Anne66"
    It's store policy: whatever you're looking for, that's what they're out of. And the chances of finding it are in inverse proportion to how much you want it.

*Dives into the fray*

I'd have to day this thread as piqued my curiosity. After reading everything in here, I guess I have a few things to say, and a question or two to ask.

I have been 'hetero' essentially for as long as I can remember, when defining such as an externally male presence dating females. That having been said, I've been 'bi-curious' for quite a long time as well. The more that I work through my transition, the more I become outwardly attracted to men, having myself in the feminine role. I am in a monogamous relation, though my SO and I have a reoccurring conversation about my wavering sexual preference quite often. She and I realize I'm changing, but we just don't know how much.

Have I thought about dating men publicly regardless? I would be lying if I said no. My SO knows it too, and yes, it makes her sad when we talk about it, even I think it's unfair to bring it up. She is my confidant though, so trials and tribulations of my transition are brought to the table for both of us to hear, regardless of how difficult sometimes.

The question of: Would I be 'a traditional wife'? Is much harder to answer I think. I don't want to fantasize too much about unrealistic endeavors, I need to keep myself grounded AND be able to care for my 'tween child. I have been an 'only parent' for, basically, my child's entire life, though I've has assistance from SO's over the years. Having seen enough households loosely based on the 'stay at home mom' life, then the 'part-time mom', the 'Working full-time 9-5 mom & dad' (the child is either in daycare or with sitters much), and then working towards the reversal, the 'part time dad', and then the 'stay at home dad'... well, everyone has their niche that they feel most comfortable with. The term 'traditional' does have the 50's connotation to it, but to many people today, tradition is whatever is socially acceptable.

It is a fantastic thing these days (and hopefully eons into the future) that women can work more and more to stand beside men, rather than in front of or behind them. My mother was the type to /try/ and be the stay at home type for my earlier years, but then worked towards getting 'her life back' and getting a part, and then full time job, and her husband never seemed taken aback by this. She was still a wonderful person, and cooked meals and cared for the kids and the house, etc. etal, but didn't exactly wait on my father hand-and-foot. It is very hard to imagine many women these days being able to live 'the housewive's life' within the patriarchal examples of the past without significant interjection from the modernized world. Again, this is all cultural more than anything else. If you want a culture that has women being the demure obedient housewives, move to China (by my understanding).

I don't believe I would be afraid / taken aback by a woman having a higher income than I. Women deserve the right to make an income commensurate with their experience, just like any person, regardless of upbringing or culture. {I deleted at least a paragraph of thought to avoid being ranty..}

*looks back more at the thread*

Would I be comfortable being stuck home all day, taking care of my child when school ends, being the 'soccer mom', etc? I don't know. I know that, as mentioned before, I've seen the different avenues available. 'Desperate Housewives' while being satirical, has realistic perspectives.. Many people get tired of the same-old stuff, and need to have some spice and variety in their life.

To the questioner I ask: If your chosen significant other started off as a 'stay-at-home' wife, but wanted to evolve to be a member of the working force again, would you try and prevent her from doing so? You said no, however it doesn't seem completely clear. Traditionalism aside, do you feel you have a right to attempt to control your mate's future? To what end and with resources? Would you just divorce them and kick them to the curb if they wouldn't submit? What if they worked towards an evolving career? A part time job is usually only a money making endeavor, it is not a career path. What about higher education? College? What if your stay-at-home wife wanted to go back to school to become a polished professional? If you were in a dedicated relationship or marriage, I would assume you would be supportive of her goals, for example.

Someone else brought up a very valid question, specifically related to our unique situations:

Also asked of the original questioner: Would you be comfortable acknowledging your SO as a crossdresser or Transgender/Transsexual and still want to treat them the same ways that you're referring to? Would you expect to be dating a closeted/ deep stealth girl, or would you not have a problem with the reality of dating in today's society, regardless of our presentation, sexuality, or family?

I guess I'll cork it for now.

traditional trophy wife...alwasy sexy alwasy hot!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel.Marie76 View Post
    I'd have to day this thread as piqued my curiosity. After reading everything in here, I guess I have a few things to say, and a question or two to ask.

I have been 'hetero' essentially for as long as I can remember, when defining such as an externally male presence dating females. That having been said, I've been 'bi-curious' for quite a long time as well. The more that I work through my transition, the more I become outwardly attracted to men, having myself in the feminine role. I am in a monogamous relation, though my SO and I have a reoccurring conversation about my wavering sexual preference quite often. She and I realize I'm changing, but we just don't know how much.

Have I thought about dating men publicly regardless? I would be lying if I said no. My SO knows it too, and yes, it makes her sad when we talk about it, even I think it's unfair to bring it up. She is my confidant though, so trials and tribulations of my transition are brought to the table for both of us to hear, regardless of how difficult sometimes.

The question of: Would I be 'a traditional wife'? Is much harder to answer I think. I don't want to fantasize too much about unrealistic endeavors, I need to keep myself grounded AND be able to care for my 'tween child. I have been an 'only parent' for, basically, my child's entire life, though I've has assistance from SO's over the years. Having seen enough households loosely based on the 'stay at home mom' life, then the 'part-time mom', the 'Working full-time 9-5 mom & dad' (the child is either in daycare or with sitters much), and then working towards the reversal, the 'part time dad', and then the 'stay at home dad'... well, everyone has their niche that they feel most comfortable with. The term 'traditional' does have the 50's connotation to it, but to many people today, tradition is whatever is socially acceptable.

It is a fantastic thing these days (and hopefully eons into the future) that women can work more and more to stand beside men, rather than in front of or behind them. My mother was the type to /try/ and be the stay at home type for my earlier years, but then worked towards getting 'her life back' and getting a part, and then full time job, and her husband never seemed taken aback by this. She was still a wonderful person, and cooked meals and cared for the kids and the house, etc. etal, but didn't exactly wait on my father hand-and-foot. It is very hard to imagine many women these days being able to live 'the housewive's life' within the patriarchal examples of the past without significant interjection from the modernized world. Again, this is all cultural more than anything else. If you want a culture that has women being the demure obedient housewives, move to China (by my understanding).

I don't believe I would be afraid / taken aback by a woman having a higher income than I. Women deserve the right to make an income commensurate with their experience, just like any person, regardless of upbringing or culture. {I deleted at least a paragraph of thought to avoid being ranty..}

*looks back more at the thread*

Would I be comfortable being stuck home all day, taking care of my child when school ends, being the 'soccer mom', etc? I don't know. I know that, as mentioned before, I've seen the different avenues available. 'Desperate Housewives' while being satirical, has realistic perspectives.. Many people get tired of the same-old stuff, and need to have some spice and variety in their life.

To the questioner I ask: If your chosen significant other started off as a 'stay-at-home' wife, but wanted to evolve to be a member of the working force again, would you try and prevent her from doing so? You said no, however it doesn't seem completely clear. Traditionalism aside, do you feel you have a right to attempt to control your mate's future? To what end and with resources? Would you just divorce them and kick them to the curb if they wouldn't submit? What if they worked towards an evolving career? A part time job is usually only a money making endeavor, it is not a career path. What about higher education? College? What if your stay-at-home wife wanted to go back to school to become a polished professional? If you were in a dedicated relationship or marriage, I would assume you would be supportive of her goals, for example.

Someone else brought up a very valid question, specifically related to our unique situations:

Also asked of the original questioner: Would you be comfortable acknowledging your SO as a crossdresser or Transgender/Transsexual and still want to treat them the same ways that you're referring to? Would you expect to be dating a closeted/ deep stealth girl, or would you not have a problem with the reality of dating in today's society, regardless of our presentation, sexuality, or family?

I guess I'll cork it for now.
    Hey if she can handle a professional career and do the things that I mentioned then that would be fine. And her making more money is moot point because women always marry a man of higher social standing and higher income. They love strong, dominant husbands who are great leaders and protect them. She can have full time job but still has to be traditional. I like feminine women. I do not want to date a man.There are other men who may like other kinds of wives but not me.

If the crossdresser passes well as female then I will date her. I am not concerned with genitalia. I am just a traditional, masculine guy who loves feminine women. Feminine shape, feminine clothes and feminine behavior. Crossdressers tend to emulate the classic feminimity which I love

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    HAH! You are looking to get a rise out of GGs with that comment?

No, we raise our children, keep them on task with their homework and other obligations, run them around to all their activities and sports, do fundraising for all the activities and sports, become home-room moms and organize school parties, trips, birthday parties, etc, take care of household chores and cooking, run around doing errands for the rest of the family and mind all their appointments, help our friends mind their kids so they can return same when we have emergencies.

I had no time or energy to put on makeup regularly and do things like take care of my nails. When I got together with friends, it was with kids so they could play and we never got to finish a conversation. I enjoyed every minute of it, but it was not the idealized experience many TGs seem to believe it is.

I can't imagine having done all of that in the 50's when home appliances were rudimentary at best. The women in the fashion mags of the era must have looked that fabulous just once per week when they went to Church. Or they didn't have kids.
    Was I trying to get a rise out of the GG's???, The answer is No, I wasn't trying to do that at all, I was more thinking about what this situation was calling for, since he didn't mention kids in the picture..

I am fully aware what a house-Mom does, because I was put into that very situation with my own two little girls at the time when my wife & I separated, she left the home, I stayed & had the girls to take care of...It was me that woke them up in the morning, make them breakfast and got their clothes ready to wear for school (they dressed themselves), as I was getting their school bags(backpacks) in order. then I worked on their long hair, like braiding for ponytails, pig tails, or just brushed straight, out however they wanted to have that day..Then we waited for the bus together to pick them up....It was always so rush rush, it was great to be able to catch my breath after they left for school...

Then I would finish my now cold coffee...lol, then start picking up the morning mess, clean the bowls & dishes & table & floor, then onto the bathroom & clean up the wall mirror we had that always got splashed from them brushing their teeth and me wet combing their hair to get the knots out... (I was a clean freak then, everything had to be spotless & in it's place...lol)..Then I got ready do go to work, I am self employed and was doing construction, home improvements....
    Their mother would pick them up after school while I was working & bring them to my house and be with them until I got back home which was usually by 6pm.

She tried to get them to do their homework, but it rarely got done with her their, it was good old dad that helped them with that, but that was after I cooked & feed them dinner & cleaned up the kitchen 1st, a never ending chore it seemed... so after we worked on their homework and then if we had time, we would play a game or just watch a show on TV...then I had them get ready for bed & tucked them in...after that, grab some dirty clothes & throw them in the wash...then I would pour a drink after and relax so I could go to bed and start it all over again the next morning...

I did this for almost 4 years until their mother found a sutable place to stay in town after our divorce was finalized, but because of that, I had to sell my house because I was put into financial ruin by then, due to the economy, the divorce, no financial help from her, and one customer that failed to pay at a very bad time... since then, I moved to where I am now, and the girls are staying with their mother..today my girls are 14 & 16..and I'm very proud of them..

So, if you made this far into my condensed version story, the question of weather or not I could be a house-mom is yes, because I did it as a single parent, and did it while running my business full time too....not a very task by any means...and would of been a lot easier to just do one or the other, not both....The single moms that do have to work a full time job in order to support themselves & children without any child support or financial aid while taking care of their children have my utmost respect for them...not because I can imagine what it's like, but because I've been there..
    So single moms, my hat is off to you..

But as to what Mr Muscle was asking here was a very simple question, would you be a traditional wife....and it's a simple yes or no answer really, and we all know what my answer was to that....
    But I find hard to believe anyone would think I would go into this without knowing I was compatible with my mate 1st. He has to fit into my criteria too, but if he did, he would very lucky man to have me..for I believe in loyalty to my spouse, and as long as he was loyal to me, I'd make sure he would always leave the house with a a very big smile on his face..

But to find two people that are truly compatible seems so hard to find, even more so when your a transsexual..even when not being too picky, I'm old enough to know what I want and don't like in a person after being around the block a few times..and I'm so easy to get along with, but that doesn't mean I'm an easy score either...
    And I'm not pursuing any relationship until I have my SRS....I don't need any complications in my life now, I already have enough of those already...
    Last edited by Karen564; 12-30-2009 at 12:41 PM.
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Post edit:

Quote Originally Posted by seanmuscle View Post
    Let the man provide, protect and care for you. In return would you cook, clean and do his laundry? Perhaps pick out his suit and tie too... maybe even wear maids outfit!

http://carthage.cementhorizon.com/ar...wife_happy.jpg
    OOPS! I missed the part about wearing the maids outfit....NO. In fact, just that one sentence makes the whole scenario actually seem kind of creepy. I guess my initial thoughts of "tradtional" were more along the lines a regular type family, mom,dad,kids with the wife doing the cooking, cleaning and caring for the children, but only on an equal and loving basis. As I mentioned in another thread, I wouldn't have a problem with him being in charge until.... it's time to not let him be in charge. About the first time he came home and demanded his dinner,or tried and tell me that I can't do this or I can't do that..... he'd see June Cleaver morph into the incredible Hulk so fast that it would make his head spin. I can be quite feminine and even submissive, just don't piss me off.......You wouldn't like me when I am pissed off!
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    OOPS! I missed the part about wearing the maids outfit....NO. In fact, just that one sentence makes the whole scenario actually seem kind of creepy. I guess my initial thoughts of "tradtional" were more along the lines a regular type family, mom,dad,kids with the wife doing the cooking, cleaning and caring for the children, but only on an equal and loving basis. As I mentioned in another thread, I wouldn't have a problem with him being in charge until.... it's time to not let him be in charge. About the first time he came home and demanded his dinner,or tried and tell me that I can't do this or I can't do that..... he'd see June Cleaver morph into the incredible Hulk so fast that it would make his head spin. I can be quite feminine and even submissive, just don't piss me off.......You wouldn't like me when I am pissed off!

hehe well said kelly

I missed that part about the maid getup too ......no fantasy maid costumes for this girl either..sorry sean
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

I'm with Kelly one this. Too many people (mostly men) see traits of kindness, nuturing and feminine as weakness and something to be controlled or taken advantage of. Someone who truely can see you as an equal will understand and have room for your expressions of the moment whatever they may be.

traditional wife in a heart beat..YES

You know, I find some of the in this thread offensive, to think that some of you believe women belong in the kitchen at the kitchen sink, looking after children, cooking, cleaning etc... do you actually know we're not in the 1950's anymore? This is pure fantasy, no woman in the right mind cooks in heels, it's dangerous... seriously, those that would say they'd love to do it, then do it for a month, put your heels on, and your pinny and get on with it.. and if you love it, there's something wrong with you... no woman I know loves cleaning Jeez... get a clue already!!!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Gee the maid's outfit was the part that I liked the best. Of course doing the maid's work doesn't sound like fun.

(Still trying to get the image of Kelly being all green out of my mind)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

That's kinda the point I was getting at in my long winded babble.. There's lots to be said for a caring, loving relationship, regardless of gender or gender expression. Then, I might say, you have levels of kink associated with a relationship or partnership.. then you start talking about BDSM and roleplaying, for example. Treating a person as a whole person in a 'vanilla' relationship doesn't generally involve dominating them into being a particular way. You live, you love, you balance your life and you are happy together.

If you want to be able to have a certain expectation of control in a relationship, then you need to be very, very clear from the start that there are some /very specific rules/ about the way you want a relation to occur, and deviance from those aforementioned rules is punishable by [x]. Regardless of exactly how you want to word it, or level it all out, it could easily be analyzed as a more dominative and submissive relationship - which is FINE, of course - I've actually many, many friends involved in the BDSM community. However, they live by those rules very explicitly - and both the top and the bottom agree to those rules in advance. If what Seanmuscle is specifically asking for in a relation is more of a controlling perspective, then he needs to clarify that up-front.

Hey if she can handle a professional career and do the things that I mentioned then that would be fine. And her making more money is moot point because women always marry a man of higher social standing and higher income. They love strong, dominant husbands who are great leaders and protect them. She can have full time job but still has to be traditional. I like feminine women. I do not want to date a man.There are other men who may like other kinds of wives but not me.
    Seeing this response from you, I just feel like my above comment to Kelly is appropriate here. Based on many of the statements you've made in this thread, it seems like you not only want to date a CD/TG/TS, but want to have some level of ultimate control over the situation. Certainly, there is nothing wrong with that - the saying is 'your kink is not my kink' might apply here. Just be clear to whomever you'd like to date that your requirements are what they are, to be fair to both of you.

If the crossdresser passes well as female then I will date her. I am not concerned with genitalia. I am just a traditional, masculine guy who loves feminine women. Feminine shape, feminine clothes and feminine behavior. Crossdressers tend to emulate the classic feminimity which I love
    I just want to clarify when you say 'Crossdresser', again, do you mean someone who is 'out', publicly, as a crossdresser or trans? If you're dating someone within the confines of their closet (not being rude of course, but I hope you all understand) then while looks are what they are at home, going out may be an entirely different kettle of fish, if there is even a wantingness to 'go out'. I think clarity is key here.

There is, as has been said and known, much social stigma towards transfolk / CDers, so much so that, if you were to go out publicly on a date that someone might make a point of outing your date. What then? would you stand beside your woman, and protect her? Heaven only knows that, were I to date a man, I would require him to be of strong enough character to stand beside me in public. He likely WILL be called GAY and so many other hatefully rude things, but so what? That is something to certainly have very clear between you and your chosen date.

Now see.. there you went and did it... you pissed me off! " A woman ALWAYS marries a man of higher social standing and higher income"? They love to be dominated? Those two statements alone indicate that YOU believe that ALL woman are less than you, and need be protected and dominated. "F" that!
    You are not looking for someone to love and care for, you are looking for a subordinate to wipe your butt and take care off your offspring while you do more important things. Try talking that S**t to a potential mate, and see how many takers that you come up with. And if you do come up with one, you deserve each other.

I missed this bit... wow, you really are a twat
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    You know, I find some of the in this thread offensive, to think that some of you believe women belong in the kitchen at the kitchen sink, looking after children, cooking, cleaning etc... do you actually know we're not in the 1950's anymore? This is pure fantasy, no woman in the right mind cooks in heels, it's dangerous... seriously, those that would say they'd love to do it, then do it for a month, put your heels on, and your pinny and get on with it.. and if you love it, there's something wrong with you... no woman I know loves cleaning Jeez... get a clue already!!!
    Oh, Tamara, if I could only send myself back to the '50s.. he he.. everything would be so black and white, men would still beat their wives in private, and the world would turn a blind eye as civility would rule... women would slave over their stoves and sewing machines, only to have their husbands come home from their so very hard jobs and basically wreck everything the women works so hard all day to tidy up.. I would cheer as my fantastic man took one look at me and sighed, discontently, as he whined about whats for dinner.. all the while I'm sure he's dreaming of his secretary, assistant.. or the milkman.

I'm kidding of course.. I suppose it's a dream in many ways, for many Trans/CDers, of the picturesque life of a woman. I've been told and heard so many times that, as some CDers/Transfolk come out or come to grips with themselves, they live through the same little girl's evolving mentality. Wanting to end up with Prince Charming(tm) or having the beautiful life with the white picket fence, while playing with your dolls and your dollhouses and their friends over a make-believe tea party. I won't deny that I've had that dream, at least.. I, however, know that Mr. P.C. already has 400 wives lined up for him, and my white picket fence is at least a 401k-dump away from a cracked-foundation fixer-upper..

I missed this bit... wow, you really are a twat
    :ROTFL: heheheheheh....
    Last edited by Angel.Marie76; 12-30-2009 at 01:47 PM. Reason: edits, shmedits, we don't need no stinking...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Gee the maid's outfit was the part that I liked the best. Of course doing the maid's work doesn't sound like fun.

(Still trying to get the image of Kelly being all green out of my mind)
    Still have that image Lor?

Agreed!

Why on earth would anyone else be offended if I happen to be drawn to a 50s type of relationship? No one's putting a gun to your head, and I happen to know what I want, which is my business and prerogative. As someone who is just naturally a homebody and nester and cook etc, I happen to know exactly what I'm talking about, thank you very much. I might or might not cook in 4" heels, but I'd be happy to put them on when it comes time to fix my man a drink and set the table. In fact, I think we'd all be better off if we all spruced up our act a bit, especially here in the US.

As for Sean being a twat or whatever, I agree that he appears to be chauvinist, and that might not appeal to some of you, but I actually want my SO to play a dominant role, as long as I feel loved and cared for. My dad, for example was an old-school chauvinist, but was sacrificially devoted to his family his whole life -- no abuse, no wife-beating, no neglect, no brow-beating or any of that hyperbolic BS -- so don't try to tell me it isn't possible. Besides, haven't you learned that the best way to handle a man is to let him think he's the boss?

The thing that does bother me about Sean is that he totally ignored my original question (post #58) about being in an out-of-the-closet relationship, and hasn't answered the several gurls who've repeated it. That makes me suspect that he is merely indulging a hypothetical fantasy -- and sitting back to enjoy the catfight.
    Last edited by sherri; 12-30-2009 at 03:29 PM.

This is really way too funny...

And what exactly makes thread any different than many others here??

I say strokes for different folks...not everyone conforms to your version of the modern day woman, and so now what, if they don't desire to live up modern day standards, or lack of, theres something wrong with them??

You don't know me or my Mom well enough to say that, not saying that we Love cleaning, but we don't hate it either, and we both pride ourselves on having a clean home that only made that possible by our own free will..

I don't see anything wrong with a guy looking for a wife that may also enjoy being traditional, as to whether he finds one that fits his exact needs is doubtful, but not totally impossible.

And I also fail to see the wrong in the desire to take care of the man as long as he's fulfilling the needs of the woman if thats what she wants.

I may not wear my bra everyday, but I'm not burning it either..
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

Depends....

Jeez Cordgrass, you so talented, so capable, so strong in your desire, beliefs and your writing style, your capabilities in convening thought and feelings. Given your contribution to this thread, I wonder if you would like a girl like so many of us at home waiting for you after a work day?

I don't mean to sound like I doubt you, I was just kinda wondering what it would be like to really really make a home, a sanctuary from all the stress, worries and pressures of making a living in the world not to mention dealing with this crazy twist of fate that so many of us endure.

Thanks for being here and the contributions to this web site, it really make's life tolerable for me, and I am sure many others. Hope to hear more from you.....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! LOL.LOL.LOL!!!!!

Susan

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

Look out now!

Ok..here it comes:

1: In previous posts I put myself NOT in the "traditional role" big time...but:

2: I will likely retire sometime in the next decade. Thus, my wife and I will have no resposibilities outside the home unless we choose..sooooooo:

3: In one way of thinking we will both be home, looking after each other, doing what we please (including work if we so choose), and, thus, will in some ways be traditional house-wives (notice the plural) for at least part of the time. Ok, my masculine self will show up part of the time too, but for a part of the time we will both be fulfilling that "traditional role" in fact, although without the "dominant" male coming home each day after slaying the dragon!

In conclusion, there are aspects of retirement that are just what the "traditionalists" are saying they would like. You can see it, right? Some days it's husband and wife. Some days it's two girl friends. I'm sure there are more than a few couples on this forum who are in this position right now! Are those of us in long-term transgendered relationships actually heading in this direction in retirement? Doesn't sound too bad to me under those circumstances!

tina

Just one more thing ladies, please don't think I'm sticking up for Mr Muscle here, because I'm not. I simply don't know him.. My views are on supporting the concept only...and No, I don't live in a dreamworld or any fantasy land, I do live in the real world every day, so if someone was offering a little break away from that, I may grab a piece of that fantasy..but because of that, I have already taken some heat from my posts here about it, and couldn't help but notice that I didn't see any prince charming come to my rescue, so that tells me a lot right there about a persons character..

[SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]