Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Introducing our Online Store

Crossdressers Shop Staff

Introducing our Online Store

Hey Everyone!

We are very proud and excited to introduce our brand new Crossdressers.com branded online store to all our loyal forum members! Over the past several months we have been developing the store - located at http://shop.crossdressers.com - with YOU in mind. We have actively researched which products our members would be most interested in, and will be adding more and more items to the store as quickly as possible. In addition to this, we have been working closely with your wonderful group of forum staff in order to make this new shop addition as seamless as possible. A big thank you goes out to all of them for their extremely useful feedback in getting the store to where it is right now.

First, a little background about our company. We are pretty much brand new to the e-commerce business after managing mostly community and forum based websites for the last couple of years. This is one of the first stores we are launching and we are extremely excited about it! We feel that the crossdressers.com brand is a powerful one, and we can leverage that into not only building a financially successful store, but a place that people in the market for CD focused products can come and get what they need in an efficient and discreet manner. In short, we feel this is a win-win proposition for everyone involved...and we hope you feel the same after checking out the shop!

The team behind this new online shop is fully committed to preserving the spirit and community that have made the crossdressers.com forums what they are today. It is with that in mind that we encourage everyone to drop by the shop and provide us with valuable feedback on what we can do to improve. Looking for something currently not offered? Let us know here or send a PM and we will work on it as soon as possible.

And as a special introductory thanks to our loyal forum members, we will be offering fast and discreet shipping FREE to everyone for a limited time. And on top of that, use the promo code CDFORUM at checkout to get an extra 15% off your order of $75 or more!

Thanks for taking the time to check out the new shop. We hope you are as excited by it as we are! And I will be sticking around to answer any questions and gather all feedback, so keep it coming

Shop.Crossdressers.com

Great idea!

I took a look at the site, and so far I like the organization. Obviously, with the site just coming out of the closet so-to-speak, I'll not be too critical of anything.

Kudos to you folks for coming up with the effort!

I note that, on the little poll in the corner, the few options listed. It is certianly a good start. I'm sure you'll get many more suggestions from everyone, but for me - SHOES are the go-to item of choice. If nothing else, when I'm shopping about the stores, online or otherwise, I have, bar none, the HARDEST time finding quality women's shoes in sizes of 11, 11w, 12, and 12w. I've even found that a good 10.5w will work at times depending on production.

For the FtM folks out there, I'm sure that things like binders / binding wraps might be handy too - Trying to keep those fellas in mind!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Great idea, Paulina!

It was a pleasant surprise to see it as I opened your page today! I DO have a couple of questions! ( Don't I ALWAYS?)

Will u be posting the BRANDS of the items u sell? That could make it EASIER for us to compare your products with other sites we already do business with!

Please don't misunderstand this one!
    I'm just curious! Who receives the profits from your sales? And what will they be used for? If they r used to IMPROVE, and/or SUPPORT this site, that MITE make a DIFFERENCE in our decisions to purchase!
    If it's none of my business, OK! I understand!

PS: I tried to PM u, Paulina, and couldn't! U mentioned PMs in your post. But, WHO, and WHERE?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 12-03-2009 at 12:26 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Crossdressers Shop Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel.Marie76 View Post
    Great idea!

I took a look at the site, and so far I like the organization. Obviously, with the site just coming out of the closet so-to-speak, I'll not be too critical of anything.

Kudos to you folks for coming up with the effort!

I note that, on the little poll in the corner, the few options listed. It is certianly a good start. I'm sure you'll get many more suggestions from everyone, but for me - SHOES are the go-to item of choice. If nothing else, when I'm shopping about the stores, online or otherwise, I have, bar none, the HARDEST time finding quality women's shoes in sizes of 11, 11w, 12, and 12w. I've even found that a good 10.5w will work at times depending on production.

For the FtM folks out there, I'm sure that things like binders / binding wraps might be handy too - Trying to keep those fellas in mind!
    Thank you so much for your feedback! Please let me know if you have any other ideas too. I'm currently working with several other vendors in getting more products in the store and shoes are at the top of my list of things to do! As you mentioned, finding QUALITY shoes isn't easy!

I hope you will continue to provide me with your comments or any other issues with the online store that you may encounter.

Paulina

Quote Originally Posted by Paulina-xoxo View Post
    Thank you so much for your feedback! Please let me know if you have any other ideas too. I'm currently working with several other vendors in getting more products in the store and shoes are at the top of my list of things to do! As you mentioned, finding QUALITY shoes isn't easy!

I hope you will continue to provide me with your comments or any other issues with the online store that you may encounter.

Paulina
    Well shoot, I know that http://www.legavenue.com/ is like the De-Facto standard that a lot of the shops I know of get their stocking and other misc. supplies from.

I know you listed makeup and all, and, honestly, I don't really want to get into a suggestive conversation in regards other than to suggest Ben Nye Makeup / theatrical supplies www.bennye.com. I know Karren H. would have FAR more suggestions about makeup than I. I just know that there's a costume shop near where I live, and they supply the Ben Nye supplies, and also the store that I visited out in Vegas (Studio Lites) had the entire array of the Nye line that they use for makeovers.

Crossdressers Shop Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    It was a pleasant surprise to see it as I opened your page today! I DO have a couple of questions! ( Don't I ALWAYS?)

Will u be posting the BRANDS of the items u sell? That could make it EASIER for us to compare your products with other sites we already do business with!

Please don't misunderstand this one!
    I'm just curious! Who receives the profits from your sales? And what will they be used for? If they r used to IMPROVE, and/or SUPPORT this site, that MITE make a DIFFERENCE in our decisions to purchase!
    If it's none of my business, OK! I understand!

PS: I tried to PM u, Paulina, and couldn't! U mentioned PMs in your post. But, WHO, and WHERE?

Thank you for your feedback! Tamara is great and fixed the PM problem for me! I'm still figuring this all out.

I will see what we can do about getting the brand names for all the products online. We do have some brand names posted - our breast forms are Gold Seal and Transforms and Secret Shapes for the breast enhancers. I'll work on getting the others up ASAP.

As far as the profits, they will be reinvested into the domain name - which includes both the forum and online shop.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Best Wishes!

I know you listed makeup and all, and, honestly, I don't really want to get into a suggestive conversation in regards other than to suggest Ben Nye Makeup / theatrical supplies www.bennye.com. I know Karren H. would have FAR more suggestions about makeup than I. I just know that there's a costume shop near where I live, and they supply the Ben Nye supplies, and also the store that I visited out in Vegas (Studio Lites) had the entire array of the Nye line that they use for makeovers.

I've already started communicating with Ben Nye Makeup - and we are working out the details. I really appreciate all this feedback and hope they keep on coming!
    Last edited by dancinginthedark; 12-08-2009 at 02:24 PM. Reason: merged multi posts

Platinum Card Member AlisonWood's Avatar
    Shop is an EXCELLENT idea....making products available here is so smart - hopefully volume of visitors to this site will let everybody benefit from great deals - congrats!

This online store is a wonderful idea! Smart move, you've already got your target market right here. I will be shopping and looking forward to this.
    [SIZE="3"]Ali[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"You're as beautiful as you feel"... Carole King[/SIZE]

Very nice and I just ordered the padded panties. But, the promotional code you provided did not work.

Crossdressers Shop Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by AlisonRenee View Post
    This online store is a wonderful idea! Smart move, you've already got your target market right here. I will be shopping and looking forward to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlisonWood View Post
    Shop is an EXCELLENT idea....making products available here is so smart - hopefully volume of visitors to this site will let everybody benefit from great deals - congrats!
    Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    Very nice and I just ordered the padded panties. But, the promotional code you provided did not work.
    The discount code CDFORUM is good for purchases $75 or more. However, we are offering free discrete shipping directly to you!

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    I agree 100%. To be inclusive the shop must offer packies and binders at least. Remember, they hold up half of the TG sky!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

How about some CD.com logo items, such as coffee cups, keychains, tee shirts, make-up bags... you get the idea. I'd love to have a cup with the logo on it sitting on my desk while reading the forum. I can see a lot of possibilities there.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Introducing our Online Store

I checked it out I hope its sucessiful, I will keep it in mind wen ordering,

Not opposed to the idea, but does the store conform to the same policies for images that are enforced on this site? On first glance, the store seems a little too graphic for young or family members who might not want to see breasts, for example. Would it not be better to move the 'intimates' to a sub menu and make the store front dedicated to education and history?

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I like the shop. I am still looking for flat shoes (cute) in a size 14 I also would love the make-up for beard cover. looks good so far.

Is there a chance that you will accept Pay Pal? I don't have a credit card, and even if I did I wouldn't use it for anything on-line.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Gold Member
    Hi Paulina...looks like you've got a great line of items and at competitive prices. I like it!!

I guess sometimes it is best just to keep quiet...

good luck...

Be sure to add international sizing tables, at the very least mention what sort of sizing is listed. In addition to large shoes (not just fancy ones mind), I'd like to see affordable, stylish but still convincing wigs.

And yes agree, maybe not have the forms pics and such first thing on the front page, slightly more discreet on entry to the shop.

Very good start!

I quickly browsed the store and was quite impressed with the layout. Very easy to navigate, etc. I have only one suggetion, though. In the breast form section, you do not mention if they are per each or per pair. As the way it is laid out, it infers that they are per each. Some people may be a little confused if it is not clearly stated in the ordering. Other than that, Kudos to you all for your continuing efforts for the crossdressing community.

Crossdressers Shop Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni_Lynn View Post
    I agree 100%. To be inclusive the shop must offer packies and binders at least. Remember, they hold up half of the TG sky!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    We have been looking into additional products for the store for the FtM members. I've also looked into testosterone and smaller size shoes with lifts. It's taken a lot of effort and finances to get us to this point and we hope we are such a success that we will be able to grow into an online store that everybody can benefit from.

Quote Originally Posted by MizT View Post
    I guess sometimes it is best just to keep quiet...

good luck...
    It would be better for us if you inform me of your concerns! I'm here to answer ALL your questions and address your concerns. We want to grow the online shop into a place where everybody is comfortable. Please feel free to contact me with your concerns at any time!

Quote Originally Posted by erickka View Post
    I quickly browsed the store and was quite impressed with the layout. Very easy to navigate, etc. I have only one suggetion, though. In the breast form section, you do not mention if they are per each or per pair. As the way it is laid out, it infers that they are per each. Some people may be a little confused if it is not clearly stated in the ordering. Other than that, Kudos to you all for your continuing efforts for the crossdressing community.
    Thank you so much for pointing this out - what an oversight! We have updated the website as the price is for a pair of breast forms.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalove View Post
    Is there a chance that you will accept Pay Pal? I don't have a credit card, and even if I did I wouldn't use it for anything on-line.
    Right now all we accept is PayPal! We are also in the process of programming Amazon Checkout and I am very close to finalizing our merchant account and we will be accepting credit card orders through our own merchant account on a secure server.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally2005 View Post
    Not opposed to the idea, but does the store conform to the same policies for images that are enforced on this site? On first glance, the store seems a little too graphic for young or family members who might not want to see breasts, for example. Would it not be better to move the 'intimates' to a sub menu and make the store front dedicated to education and history?
    Quote Originally Posted by TG-Taru View Post
    And yes agree, maybe not have the forms pics and such first thing on the front page, slightly more discreet on entry to the shop.
    The store will never post any adult content, however we are selling products geared towards MtF and eventually FtM, which includes prosthetics of breasts and possibly male genitalia in the future. The front page is programmed to show the most popular products that are searched for and will rotate out depending on what is the popular items are at the time. We want the store to become profitable and marketing practices dictate that we provide easy access to the popular products, so we won't be removing these products from the front page display.

The forum is already a great resource for education and history, don't you think?
    Last edited by dancinginthedark; 12-08-2009 at 02:25 PM. Reason: merged multi posts

this is so perfect! i just ordered my first gaff!

Crossdressers Shop Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by tuck n9ne View Post
    this is so perfect! i just ordered my first gaff!
    And we just shipped it out to you! You should be receiving your gaff by Monday - please let me know what you think after you receive it!

Quote Originally Posted by TG-Taru View Post
    In regard to being discreet, I have been on some other sites that I felt dirty after looking at them. This site certainly does not do that. You have to show what sells.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

Crossdressers Shop Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by trisha59 View Post
    In regard to being discreet, I have been on some other sites that I felt dirty after looking at them. This site certainly does not do that. You have to show what sells.
    THANK YOU! We certainly want you to be comfortable with your shopping experience!