Thread: Male or female brain?

Male or female brain?

There is a thread about this in the MTF board, but I thought it was worth a mention on the FTM board as well.

The BBC are doing a series on the difference between male and female brains. The first episode was last week, with the second this weekend.

The programme is doing a series of tests on people to see how female or male their brain is - it doesn't necessarily follow that it is the same as your sex. What I found fascinating was that they did the tests with an FTM TS before and after his transition and found that his brain and abilities had become more male, as well as his body.

If you can't get the programme there is a test you can do on the BBC's website. I think the address is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/sexsecrets/

I had a go at it and came out as a 0 - exactly half way between the 100% male and 100% female brain. Go figure ...

Eileen1969

Exclamation as for mio!~

I have both! :shh: but shhhh though!~ here yee here yee Eileen just told ya al ok! so shhhhhhhh
    "Love my legs and envy them...."
    "Love is all I need....
    "Sexy and know it!"

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    I got 50 on the mens side. Go figure!
    And I got 11 out of 12 on th 3D object rotation thing. Go, me!
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Super Model
    30 on the female side.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas
    I got 50 on the mens side. Go figure!
    And I got 11 out of 12 on th 3D object rotation thing. Go, me!
    Hey, so did I, 11 out of 12. We have something in common. But also got 14 out of 20 for empathising. So I have a more male brain that the average guy and a more female brain then the average girl.

What the hell does that mean? Maybe I'm like one of those shape shifter aliens on TV.

50 on the male side. Interesting!

I also did the fake smiles. I only got 12 out of 20. HOWEVER - I got:

1 out of the first 5
    2 out of the second 5
    5 out of the third 5
    4 out of the fourth 5

Fwiw, I seemed to improve on the smile test. Curiouser and curiouser...
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

25% on the female side hehe .. why wasnt i surprised lol

I just took the fake smiles test-- I got 13 out of 20.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

I took the fake smiles test too, along with every other test on that site. I got 19 out of 20.

Damn, you're good!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah757
    Hey, so did I, 11 out of 12. We have something in common. But also got 14 out of 20 for empathising. ...
    Well impressive scores.

I got 9 out of 12 for rotating things. Only 3 right on the empathy test tho'.

that was interesting

That was interesting and a little disturbing. I got a 50% on the female side. I wasn't really expecting that but then how acurate could this thing be.
    Amy