Thread: Ever been on TV dressed?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ever been on TV dressed?

Years ago on "The View" I thought I saw a woman who looked like she had a makeover by Jamie Austin. The camera kept showing her as she was sitting in the front or second row. Then it stopped showing her.
    Now, my question is: Have any of you been on television as part of the audience (whether seen or not by the cameras)? I know that some have taken part in documentaries (such as our Melanie Rudd) and a few more I can't remember offhand. So, if you have been part of a documentary or television show en femme, post it here, too.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I am waiting for them to offer me my own show before I make my debute on TV.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar
    Does the security camera at the 7-11 count?
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    I am waiting for them to offer me my own show before I make my debute on TV.
    Maybe a remake of "That Girl"?

Never been on TV but my picture is in the first edition of GirlTalk Magazine.

On the news twice, once for Portland Pride parade and another time for a outragous party that spilled out into the city streets. Either one is really nothing to write home about thou.
    SRS January 27

Some interesting replies so far. Thanks, girls. Anybody else out there? I see nobody has confessed to being in the audience of "The View."
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

When I was at a CD convention in New York, unknown to me, they were filming the Cinemax documentary, "All Dressed Up and No Place To Go", for showing on Cable TV.
    A few years later I obtained a copy and found they had filmed me doing a walk-on. My 15 min. of fame!
    TTFN, Barb
    At some point your life will flash before your eyes......MAKE SURE IT'S WORTH WATCHING !!

Quote Originally Posted by irenetancd View Post
    CCTV?
    No, not Carbon Copy Transvestite . It actually stands for "Closed Circuit Television". As in "Big Brother" is watching you.

This is something the Brits are very big on these days, with surveillance video cameras mounted on practically every major building in their cities. Likely started as a 9/11 over-reaction, and gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Smile! You're on Candid Camera!"

I haven't been on TV dressed yet, but will be on national TV this spring. A film crew have been following 10 people (TV and TS) since this spring. They have filmed us on events, at home, doing hobbies/sports and for a few also at work. Some of us are showing both modes (I am). It will be a documentary series with 8 to 10 episodes, each about an hour.

CCTV?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    No, not Carbon Copy Transvestite .
    I like your sense of humour Leslie!

But come to think of it, didn't we have a thread recently asking which celebrity we would like to be, or emulate?

Tony

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar

My television appearance

In 1990, I appeared on the noon show of my local NBC-TV affiliate to do basic gender education and tell about our local support group.

People at my work watched while they ate lunch.

I went shopping for shoes afterward and was recognized by the SA. I later learned that a woman I had known for 30 years recognized me.

My mom told me that the "girl" with me looked great and that I spoke well.

Negative fallout: NONE
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Quite possibly. I know I've been filmed. Last year at the North Hampton Pride parade there was someone with a camera who I later found out was making a documentary about the event. I don't know if it ever came out or was seen on TV, but if it did, I'm sure I was in it somewhere.

I've already been in two Newspapers and a magazine dressed, so TV is no big deal to me.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Ive been on CCTV does that count????

and a Happy New Year to All

J-JAY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Yes, I have had the news cameras focused on me for extended periods of time at two events.
    The first event was at the Winnipeg Pride parade where the topic theme of that year was about transgender rights. On all 4 local newscasts, the coverage started with the camera focusing on Vanessa and I either while we were carrying the Masquerade group banner or while I was interacting with spectating friends.
    The second event was taken during the Transday of Remembrance ceremony. It was another news topic coverage by one newscast. I was not happy with being focused on at this event as the bright lights from the camera blinded me during the reading of the names. In my opinion, the focus should have been on the reading of the names and not on me/those in attendance.

I'll be a part of the Masquerade members participating in a documentary on the local Shaw cable channel sometime in the New Year. We are in the midst of negotiating

I haven't been on TV but the Google earth shot just recently taken has me 3/4 enfemme in front of my store. That pic should be good for four years. The last one was taken in 2004.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sherri52 View Post
    I haven't been on TV but the Google earth shot just recently taken has me 3/4 enfemme in front of my store. That pic should be good for four years. The last one was taken in 2004.
    Oh, do tell where to find
    Drumming, My other hobby