Thread: a happy end to a hard stressful day

Talking a happy end to a hard stressful day

work today has been a nightmare,i work in a supermarket and weve been soo busy today with everyone both shopping for newyears eve and the fact that england has had more than 2 mm of snow(seriously we cant handle the white powder,more than an inch and theres mass panic)its been busier today than it was anyday last week.
    so after a stressful 9hr shift i got home to find 2 packages awaiting me,the first being my newyears eve outfit,a new schoolgirl uniform(costume party at the local pub tomorrow)along with my tartan miniskirt and a black leotard(omg im deffinatly buying another one in the near future,im in love)
    the second is my first pair of forms(well that are not homemade)
    ive tried them out and they give me a great bust(their d's) and will look perfect once i get some adhesive for them(forgot to order any)had to use sellotape to seal the edges to my body to give a natural look,i wont be doing it again but they did look good when i tested them(i tried the forms in all my bras and only 2 of them are no good,and also tried them under some of my fave outfits)

well thats made my night and i cant wait to dress up tomorrow night(will try to post some pics)

kisses
    stacy-marie

Aspiring Member
    Sounds like a nice surprise after a long day & a sexy outfit to boot. Definitely take some pictures!

BTW, is snow not common in England? I would have thought you all would be pros at driving in the snow over there.

That was nice to come home to.Congrats on your first forms.They really give a nice shape.I have a pair and i love them.I hope you enjoy yourself tomarrow. ~K~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What a great present you gave yourself and just in time for New Years
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Quote Originally Posted by KristinSkye View Post
    BTW, is snow not common in England? I would have thought you all would be pros at driving in the snow over there.
    no we dont get snow very often,lots of rain though,and we never seem to be able to handle it when we do get even a powdercoating of snow.if we get like 3 inches nearly every road traffic is at a standstill,people will drive at a crawling speed or some not even leave their drives if its snowed.the councils dont organise any sort of clearance so once the snow turns to slush on the roads if it freezes it makes things worse.a family friend came over from chicargo a few years back, it had snowed and she was laughing at our inability to deal with the weather(she said that in winter,they can get like 2 ft of snow where she lives .)

stacy-marie

a happy end to a hard stressful day

that really was nice to come home to after a hard day,

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

It's THE SAME over here, StacyM!

Quote Originally Posted by stacy-marie hanna View Post
    no we dont get snow very often,lots of rain though,and we never seem to be able to handle it when we do get even a powdercoating of snow.if we get like 3 inches nearly every road traffic is at a standstill,people will drive at a crawling speed or some not even leave their drives if its snowed.
    stacy-marie
    It rained a bit today in SoCal. It seemed like most of the drivers were wearing 6" heels! They were driving so slow, and SUPER cautious!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

[SIZE="2"]I am from near Chicago-Rockford, where winters are cold, icy, and snowy, but have lived near Seattle, for 27 yrs. A lot like England, with lots of drizzle and rain. Likewise, a half inch of snow, and schools are closed, panic! Sounds like you did better than i did! My mailed wig, is too small![/SIZE]

that was a really good end for a hard day.
    i'm also waiting for a package to come. Please Mr. Postman............ if i don't get it today it would have to wait till january 4th and on that date i will be back to work, with so little time to dress

Quote Originally Posted by KristinSkye View Post
    There are parts of England where snow is common. There, the local authorities have the equipment and experience to deal with it, and the population have the driving skills and the right vehicles and tyres. But most places get very little, and this thaws in the daytime and re-freezes into black ice at night. Then it's driving on ungritted ice with normal tyres without the necessary skill and experience that is a very dangerous combination. There are some shallow inclines which are just not possible to climb without 4 wheel drive and the right tyres! Anti-lock brakes have helped, but traction control isn't a lot of use. I turn it off and then "play" with the accelerator pedal and handbrake to have some sliding fun! I must admit that it was a lot more fun when most cars were rear wheel drive too! I don't go out on snow in my V8 Cobra Replica though!

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Dragster View Post
    There are parts of England where snow is common.

Tony
    For such a relatively small country, at least by US standards, there is a surprising degree of variation in the UK climate. Essentially the further north and east you go, the colder the winters (and the cooler the summers). Down here in London, deep in the South, we tend just to get a few light dustings of snow every year these days and night time temperatures never get much below about -5 at the very coldest. The transportation infrastructure collapses on the rare occassions that we get several inches of the white stuff. In the North of England and Scotland heavier snowfalls are a much more common occurence and preparedness is accordingly better. Temperatures can fall to about -15 in the Scottish Highlands.

Global warming has brought about a lot of changes in a short space of time. Even I can recall in my childhood in the 1970's winters were a lot colder with a lot more snow.