Thread: Reality vs What is expected

Reality vs What is expected

As my tag line suggests, I am up in the stands. However, lately I've been making my way down to the field to get some playing time in. There is no way a wig can be purchased so I don't look very fem, but I try. As I push boundaries I have noticed some things illicit an almost immediate response, while other things aren't noticed. For example:
    I can wear a bra with forms (or in my case stuffed with socks) and no one says anything, nor do their eyes look at my chest. Perhaps they are laughing at me with peripheral vision but I can't tell.
    Feminine shirts are usually no problem.
    Women's jeans are easy.
    Mary janes with 1" heels haven't been commented on or even looked at.
    Light pink nail polish on my hands seem to pass the test even at the bank signing what ever we sign at banks.
    I can wear foundation and mascara without a problem.

Earrings are a big no no. They get noticed immediately.
    Eye shadow seems too obvious
    A dress gets noticed pretty fast.

Even though I have obvious bumps on my chest and foundation on my face, no one notices because their brains tell them I am a guy. So, I have been experimenting with items I can wear in public without anyone making a fuss. I do understand that there is a segment of the population that has probably noticed and doesn't care to comment, but I still think we can hide in plain sight up to a point. Where is that point?

What have you found that allows you to hide in plain sight and openly dress without anyone seemingly being the wiser?

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie ann View Post
    Earrings are a big no no. They get noticed immediately.
    Interesting. I wear sleepers or studs every day in boy mode, and occasionally heavier hoops or flashing light xmas character earrings and in a decade or so I've had comments from about 3 people.

If I wore more girly earrings it might be a different story but nobody seems interested in the earrings I wear in boy mode.

I too have worn mascara, a little eyeliner, foundation, girl jeans, ear rings, sometime a little eye shadow a neutral color but all the same it is shadow and have gone un-noticed, I think anyway. so I think we can blend in some situations but in others we draw attention to ourselves. Like when I go dress shopping while DRAB I might wear a little makeup and the SA usually notices right away and there is no question who the dress might be for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Talking oh i totally get it!

oh i totally get it.now you are talking right up my ally.i have masterd the art of hiding in plain sight.almost every day i wear light pink eye shadow,mascara,concealer,lip gloss or barely there lip stick,eyebrow pencil,and even a little blush.all done right one has to be really looking to see it.i also do womans dansko backless clogs with nude pantyhose or kneehighs some girl jeans,a girls izod or tee shirt.my toes and fingers done with clear polish a girls belt and lets not forget my sports bra.i literally go every whare this way,and i cant think of the last time someone discoverd what i had on although some guys do look at the clogs kinda strangely some times..i think i wanna get some of those mary jane type of sketchers soon and see how that gos.(cute but with trouser sox i might be able to pull it off even en drab)when im really in the mood i do shorts with sheer nude pantyhose too,and womans sneekers.people dont notice what their not looking for typically ive found.ive even sat in booths eating with my wife while wearing backless shoes with sheer black hose,and the party across from us were so absorbed in their conversation they never noticed or they did and just diddnt care.they are only a few feet away too.hiding in plain sight is my bag i love it!.