Thread: Neighbor or Friend ?

Neighbor or Friend ?

Have you recently found that a neighbor of friend that you have known for years is TG and you never guessed?
    I knew two CD's, who met at a cd meeting,who lived in the same small apt. building for several years and never knew each other.
    One cd, in her 40's, came to a meetings with her wife. One night she came with her wife and another cd. The other cd turned out to be "her" brother. They had both been cd'ers all their lives and never knew about the other.
    Lastly, we had a new member looking for some help. I found out where "she" lived and contacted another member in the area to help her. They found out that they not only lived one street apart, but they lived behind each other and the new member's brother was a friend of the other member.

TTFN, Barb
    At some point your life will flash before your eyes......MAKE SURE IT'S WORTH WATCHING !!

That is a large find in our small world.

There's a bunch of us out there. I think I need a flow chart for all the people you mentioned.

Terri

I have located several girls close by, but only one do I visit with. I think on the whole, most are deep in the closet and don't want to take a chance. But then, I found these girls on the net. Hmmmmm

So many in a small area. You are a lucky girl to have as many new friends.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

geo nerd

Actually as a GPS nerd I was wondering if the crossdressers.com website would allow people to volunteer their locations as an awareness project (not personally identifiable) so we could splash a map on the front page. The way they do it now there is really no way to find out if there are others close to you or not. It would be great to use this site to find out who is close by and anonymously ping to find out if they'd be interested in meeting up for a girls night out or something.

Gold Member
    One of the members here had a link to frappr where everyone could map themselves. Unfortunately, as of today that site became a pay site and the free map went away. That would have fit your recommendation perfectly.

Interesting. Thanks to jo_ann for keeping the link. I just tried it and it is still working for the moment. I assume it can go away at any time, but here is the link if you want to check it out.

http://www.frappr.com/crossdressers

I found out that a co worker was cd when I thought I was cd. Carol

Quote Originally Posted by carolinoakland View Post
    I found out that a co worker was cd when I thought I was cd. Carol
    Yes, I discovered the same thing. Of course, then I couldn't do anything with that info (for lots of reasons).

Posts in this thread have reminded me of other interesting links:

IPhone app Grindr: location-based (GPS) gay dating. Interesting. Would be nice to have a TG/CD twist to this. Then again what if that person on the other end is really a phobic thug wanting to do bad things to you? Be careful, girls!

This link initially surprised me from Entrepreneur magazine: 10 businesses facing extinction. One is "gay bars are facing extinction around the country because gay men and women have been gaining greater acceptance in society. Gay bars aren't necessary anymore." Hmm... yes and no, I'm sure. Of course, that will just leave our wonderful TG/CD bars as the edgy, cool, places-to-be-seen!

Oh, and that co-worker has recently moved on to another company. So now... ?