Thread: Out all happy but now so sad

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar

Out all happy but now so sad

I have a difficult time getting away to dress up and go out. I arranged to be out of town, sort of, and took a good long time getting all ready to meet some other girls in the area at a club. I followed the directions given but I never could find the club. I was soo hurt and sad. I drove the 30 miles back to the motel and now I will have to hope the meeting I am supposed to have tomorrow won't end in getting stood up.

All of us have a certain personal fragility about us, so for one of our sisters to stand us up is just cruel. Well, I tried to make the best of it and made sure to stop at a well lighted gas station to give the guys a good leg look while I filled my sports car.
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

That's a tough one and can be very frustrating for the waiting parties and the lost party. That is why I always try to share cell phone numbers for possible those "close but lost" situations, plus when one of us is running more than a few minutes late. You also need to advise them to turn up the volume on their phones until you get there. Otherwise, the phone ringing may be drowned out by the ambient noise around them. That has happened to me at both ends of the calls. You also can use text messaging for short messages. I hope you have better luck the next time.

Sorry you had a bad experience.

I'm fairly paranoid about getting lost (a girl thing, to be sure), and print out a mapquest.com map of any new places, and I'm sure to get a phone number or cell number of the person I'm meeting, just in case.

Hopefully your next attempt will be a success.

-- Diane

Aw, honee... you got bad directions, but I doubt anyone purposely stood you up. Obviously you didn't purposely stand anyone up either. Maybe you can give it another try later.

As being new to the area I'm sure they'll forgive you. Make sure you make it tonight.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

That can be disappointing but I like your attitude on the gas station....find something postive to do instead. On a business trip when I stayed at Disney, I drove to a club in Orlando to meet someone only to find the club had gone out of business. What??? And not even an email or call.....so, I did a photo shoot of my own and had a blast shopping.

There will be other great times!!
    Kristen

Aww so sorry to hear that you werent able to meet friends. It is tuff when you are looking forward to a night out. Well hope was just a honest mistake, and hope another time soon.

Some gay clubs are sorta incognito from the street, low profile signage etc -- staying under the radar, so to speak. Don't know if that's true in your case, but regulars tend to forget that. In your situation, I always like to have the club number and friends numbers in advance, just in case I need directions.

I was to meet Jenna in the KFC parking lot. We had made all the arrangements. And I was just about to leave when it came out that there is two KFC's in Augusta. I did not know that. She was going to meet me at the other one. That was a close one. At the time I had no cell phone. I would have traveled over 2 hours for nothing if we had not realized I was mixed up. So it goes to show ya s**t does happen. I hope that's all it was with your missed meet up.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Modern technology is a wonderful thing. We have cell phones, Google Earth and GPS. There is no excuse not to drive around aimlessly looking for a location . . . like I do.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

The GPS

to me is one of the most amazing things ever invented. I have one and would never be without one again. And they are very cheap now.

Even if the address is right

My one and only public outing involved a clear location for the rendezvous, with phone numbers and everything. On arrival, of course, found there were two possible meeting points at opposite ends of the venue. - and only once I had parked did I realise that it was underground and there was no phone signal!

Luckily, drove around amongst the parked cars a bit and eventually saw the organiser of the event getting out of her car.

It could so easily have been a non-event. There are so many things to think of, but practice must make improvements, I think.

Hope you had better luck the next time!
    This above all: to thine own self be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man.

Gold Member
    Yeah probably just cause GLBT clubs tend to be hidden a bit. It is not unusual for the back part to be the entrance.
    I doubt anyone stood you up, I mean unless these are high school kids, they aren't gonna give bad directions as a joke.

I know how you feel though, it is real frustrating when things happen, especially if you are not used to failed meetings with people.

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    Modern technology is a wonderful thing. We have cell phones, Google Earth and GPS. There is no excuse not to drive around aimlessly looking for a location . . . like I do.
    Well get with it!
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Next time your so or family ask what would you like for your birthday or christmas etc tell them a GPS. They're getting cheaper and work really well.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.