Thread: Struggling to find freinds

Struggling to find freinds

Hi I need some adivce Iam struggling to find freinds that dress. I always wanted a freind to go shopping with go out dressed so on and so on. Where do i meet other dressers. Where did you meet your first freinds. I not new to dressing i have been for a long time but have not really explored going out or really getting a feel for Alexis. any one else have the same feelings.
    XOXO
    Alexis

Gold Member
    You can try going to a Tri-Ess meeting and maybe you can find someone from your area that you hit it off with. The Denver chapter's web page is:

http://www.rmtsk.org/

I feel for you but have no real advice to give you.
    mostly harmless

Smile Looking for friends!

I can't help with this topic but would hazard to guess this forum will have some good leads for you. I found one via forum so seems to work well as a solution. Good luck.

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar

GIC or Colorado

Try the Gender Identity Center of Colorado (GIC)
    As far as I know they still have meeting on several days of the week, I don't have the website info but a Goggle search should give you their web site.

It's a great support group, girls are nice and friendly. Rules are in place to protect your identity, say as much or as little as you want. The girls will usually go out after the meeting to either a local club or restaurant.

Oh, the organization is in Denver, even gives directions via MapQuest.

Linda
    Last edited by Prissy Linda; 01-02-2010 at 12:58 PM.

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    You could also try searching on the internet for local support groups, over here in the UK there are a lot of independent support groups. I know of at least four near to where I live.
    living the dream

Everywhere and anywhere....

and what I mean by that is this...

Meeting new people, be it with a CDing interest or just meeting new people, can take place and anywhere and everywhere...

Exposure is the key and you've mentioned that you don't go out so right away that limits your exposure significantly...

Try clubs like Tri-Ess but you may also want to try some social networking sites on the Net like the every popular Facebook, Tag.com, My Space etc....

Going out to clubs that cater to CDers helps as well....

So the more exposure you put yourself to the more likely you'll meet someone or several someones for you to become friends with....just be patient....

Good luck....
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

You may well be in the best place to meet friends. We have girls here from Co. and hopefully they will see this post and invite you to join them. We all want to meet friends, it is the best way to get out enfemme and feel so natural about it.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

I can relate - sort of.

I was very lonely in my CD world until I met the lady that would become my wife. I told her immediately about my dressing and she has been wonderful. Now I a friend with whom I can go shopping, to a movie, or anywhere or nowhere in particular.
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

I've had a couple of friends that can go out, but a lot of one's who can't or won't go out dressed. Both friends I met on here.

I meet and go out with alot of gurls from the various Yahoo groups I belong to. Missouri for instance has at least 5 cd related groups that are state and city specific. If you were able to see my buddy list, you would see that everyone in it is from Missouri.
    In fact I and two other gurls were supposed to go out tonight, but the threat of snow has derailed those plans til next Saturday night.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

nike_angel
    hi alexis

i'm in colorado, no specifics because i'm paranoid lol. but i've been looking at some of your posts and i read in one of your posts you love to wear workout clothes, so do i!!! i LOVE LOVE LOVE nike workout clothing. i spend SO much money on all their sexy hoodies, pants, everything.

but anyways, i'd love to talk to you some more girl.

Gold Member
    HOly hell Alexis, I noticed the city and state you are in, I used to live there for several years.

Not been back in like 3 or 4 years but here is what I experienced...

There ARE TG's out there, sadly, there isn't a support group. There used to be one but the hostess kind of quit having it cause no one ever showed up.
    There was a club there called Pirate's Cove, it is pretty boring though. It is a GLBT bar. It is where 1st and N Main cross, kind of off on this small diagonal road. I guess call to make sure Pirate's Cove is still GLBT friendly.
    Crap thing is, there just isn't much going on in Pueblo. I know it tries to act like it is a big city but it has so far to go. Best bet to go to Colorado Springs.
    Some church out there used to have services that were GLBT friendly. In fact the preacher was a Lesbian, and it was open to anyone. Small groups last time I went.

Even if what I suggested isn't your thing, you can at least make some connections thru them, maybe.

IN Colorado Springs there is a support group and some other TG happenings. Not sure much of what cause I kind of fell out of the TG social scene years ago. Just got tired of the BS that was going on at the time with a now defunct TG group.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Struggling to find freinds

its hard finding friends who will go out dressed I only have one that does and we enjoy the whole day wen we get together,

Quote Originally Posted by Sexyalexis View Post
    Hi I need some adivce Iam struggling to find freinds that dress. I always wanted a freind to go shopping with go out dressed so on and so on. Where do i meet other dressers. Where did you meet your first freinds. I not new to dressing i have been for a long time but have not really explored going out or really getting a feel for Alexis. any one else have the same feelings.
    XOXO
    Alexis

Alexis, you can also try the rennaissance support group... they meet about once a month...and there are usually several around

http://www.ren.org/

good luck

hugs

msniki48

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexyalexis View Post
    XOXO
    Alexis
    I've met some on line and then met them in the flesh---and once I summoned the courage to go out dressed I met people, some became close friends, in a club/bar I used to frequent in Portland Maine
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I have gone to local support groups but some just like to sit around and talk and others go out and have fun. In my area the Bubba factor is huge so you can get hurt in my area if not careful. Find a conference close to you or hit the big ones, SCC and Be-All and you will meet people from this site, others and make long lasting friends that you will have all over the country.

If you travel, you can hook up with people all over the country and be free not to get "Clocked"
    "Originally Posted by Anne66"
    It's store policy: whatever you're looking for, that's what they're out of. And the chances of finding it are in inverse proportion to how much you want it.

right here girl this is what this forum is all about. chat, talk, meet this forum is where i met my first friend. and now 30 or more' personally! luv to my midwest girlfriends!!

Iwill be our friend. I have aim, xblahxxxblahx and yahoo, johnnboy23

freinds

Quote Originally Posted by nike_angel View Post
    hi alexis

i'm in colorado, no specifics because i'm paranoid lol. but i've been looking at some of your posts and i read in one of your posts you love to wear workout clothes, so do i!!! i LOVE LOVE LOVE nike workout clothing. i spend SO much money on all their sexy hoodies, pants, everything.

but anyways, i'd love to talk to you some more girl.
    hey would like to talk more get your ten posts in so i can send you a message