Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How feminine are we?

I just rely on my "femometer" $29.95 out of the Dr. Leonard's catalog. When it starts smoking and the alarm bells go off, I know I'm pretty much where I need to be.

Karly in East County kayesimone's Avatar
    Reine...wow...well put...the idea of an active/reactive inner sense...ever reacting to and with other energies...this will be fun to think about and experience...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've always felt very comfortable around female friends and had great friendships with them. I've been described as having a feminine outlook on many things and never connected with macho males. I feel that I'm very femme but I don't look it. I think I feel more female than male in my mind but will I ever know what female feels like? My therapist asked me about my male side and the things I could come up with that make me male apart from physical attributes were very sketchy. I love watching football but so does my wife!!

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    I feel like I'm somewhat balanced between masculine and feminine. Probably a bit more feminine than the average man, but it's not always obvious. I'm sensitive, I cry easily at emotional crap and am moved to tears by movies, TV shows and music. I have a big family, If the guys are in one room, girls in another, I'll probably be with the girls 2/3 of the time

Example of movies, was crying within 5 minutes of the new Star Trek movie, you know why, tell me you weren't crying?! Cooooome on!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

Thumbs up You're so right!

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey_in_Mansfield View Post
    I dunno... Until I hit about 23 or 24 or so, I had a very girly body... Ultra slim, ultra skinny. Parents used to joke that if I ever got arrested, a jail couldn't hold me because I'd slip between the bars! :P But now my shoulders are getting broader and my look is getting more masculine. (Noooooooo!) I've always hated masculinity for many many reasons...the most prominent of which is that I just don't GET men. (And I AM one. How sad is that?!) I don't understand maybe 90% of the things "normal" men do, and frankly I have no desire to because women are right: men are stupid. Football? Please. Never been my thing. I used to be a big hockey fan, cheered on the Dallas Stars 'til they won the Stanley Cup, celebrated like mad, and then I thought, "Well that was fun...and pointless."

Anyway, sorry, I got off on a tangent there. To answer the question, I feel very, very feminine inside, all the time. I think that's why I've always wished that I had been born female. It just seems like it would have "matched" me better.
    Thanks for the post, Bailey. Sounds a lot like me! I grew up small, even as an adult buying pants in the boy's department because I had a 28" waist. At 5'7" I weighed 132# and wasn't at all into sports, which greatly disappointed my jock father. It wasn't my fault that my body was just like my petite mother's. Even then I preferred to be like mom.

Then I tried to pretend to be a sport's fan, and I was on the other side of that hockey game, shouting "No goal!". Now I realize how insignificant it all was. I'm much happier wearing pretty lingerie and a cute dress; it's so much more the real me.

Thanks again, Karen
    Lucky to be a girl 95.33% of the time

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    Haha, I think if that goal had occurred during regulation, it would have been disallowed. But after several games going into triple-overtime, I think the refs just said "screw it, let's go home!" Which was fine with my sleepy self :P

Feminine or submissive...

My wife recently told me that my personality totally changes when I dress. The word she used was "Submissive." I wonder how many of us confuse being submissive or passive for "feminine?"

Just a thought...
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Wow. Quite a few just like me. I have never really felt masculine. Most of the time if I hung out with boys I was the oddball out. Compare that to when I am around GG I am totally comforatable. I have always been more connected with GG than boys. Now most of my friends are GG.

Quote Originally Posted by minalost View Post
    My wife recently told me that my personality totally changes when I dress. The word she used was "Submissive." I wonder how many of us confuse being submissive or passive for "feminine?"

Just a thought...
    Hmmm, I don't know that it's necessarily mistaking one for the other... There are plenty of strongly assertive women who are plenty feminine. I think it's more that most crossdressing men tend to act more submissively when we dress as women simply because in some cases we don't know how to BE a woman, so when a GG tells us how to be a woman, we naturally just go with it because, well, they would know better than us!

Same here- everyone of my good friends have been women- sometimes with, sometimes with the sexual bond as well. Like others here if there's a gathering I'm typically talking with the women. Can't say there's a single guy who I've maintained contact with over the years. I think it's actually unfortunate but it's begining to make more sense. Wish I'd thought more about this earlier in my life and I wonder what the difference is?

i have a manly body unfortunately. but i still feel very feminine almost all my life. its my life i'll live it like i want.

This has been a very thought provoking conversation. Both Baily and Reine in particular have made me wonder about the polarities of "masculine" and "feminine" in relation to each other. That is feeling more feminine when men are present if I am en femme.
    One aspect I wonder about is the regular guy, that is the so called normal guy, by that I mean not the guys who come to this site; do they feel masculine and if they do is it in relation to being around women. I heard a few of us hear say they feel more feminine or as the least masculine when they are around guys while they are in drab.
    I too don't get the guy thing, about how they think, it doesn't make much sense and never has even when I was young.
    I hope this makes some sense?

Karan49

Quote Originally Posted by Karan49 View Post
    This has been a very thought provoking conversation. Both Baily and Reine in particular have made me wonder about the polarities of "masculine" and "feminine" in relation to each other. That is feeling more feminine when men are present if I am en femme.
    One aspect I wonder about is the regular guy, that is the so called normal guy, by that I mean not the guys who come to this site; do they feel masculine and if they do is it in relation to being around women. I heard a few of us hear say they feel more feminine or as the least masculine when they are around guys while they are in drab.
    I too don't get the guy thing, about how they think, it doesn't make much sense and never has even when I was young.
    I hope this makes some sense?

Karan49
    It TOTALLY makes sense! I think you may have hit on something. This may take me a minute to explain, but I'll come back to your point.

Did anyone see the movie "What Women Want"? Mel Gibson? Where he hears women's thoughts? He said something that's very true and I've confirmed this with many GGs: He said that when Dr Sigmund Freud stated that women's attraction to men is based on "penis envy," Freud was wrong... Women don't have penis envy, MEN do. That is, in the sense of being so insecure around other guys (and going back to your point, thus feeling LESS masculine) that they feel the need to compare themselves to other men, figure out how good they are in bed, figure out if their penis is longer than the other guy's... It's all some sick king-of-the-hill game to the "macho" men.

Therefore, I'd have to conclude that these macho men feel less masculine and thus inadequate around other men that they perceive as more masculine than they are, and they feel MORE masculine when around women...mistaking "company" and "companionship" for "adoration." And the more women, the more manly the macho man feels, which boosts his ego. Thus... you were exactly right.

So then it's only a simple question of which attribute the man favors: does he prefer masculinity or femininity? Ironic that by hanging out with the feminine persuasion, we feel more masculine...and by hanging out with the masculine persuasion, we feel more feminine (usually because we probably find ourselves intimidated by the more macho guys).

Interesting stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie_C View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I have ALWAYS had a feminine nature to myself, going back as far as I can remember. I consciously had to hide / mask my natural behavior as people told me it was 'wrong'. Even if I'm in all boy clothes, that sort of nature never changes. It's like dressing a GG in a man's suit. It's still there. Simple as that.
    As far as I'm concerned Sophie, you hit it right on the head.

My first job during the summer out of high school, my boss said I was wearing my zipper the wrong way(meaning like a skirt with the zipper in the back).

I have two pierced ears, and even when I'm not wearing earings, I find straight staring at me. LOL

winter olympics

Thats what i like the skaters the ski jumpers i mean if i changed the station to see johnny weir during a football playoff at the local sports bar....

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    My wife recently pointed out too that whenever we are around a group I always end up hanging out with the girls, I guess "girltalk" is just much more interesting to me.
    Enough about me LOL

Sonia