Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flying Safe

Flying Safe

In the most recent problem with the person that was caught flying to the US. from Holland. My question is what about those of un that fly dressed or partualy underdressed?? If they start doing body scann, will they be able to detect what kind of cloths that we would be wearing??
    Just a thought
    Rachel E, Spokane, Wa

An under wire bra will as I understand it already set off a metal detector or hand wand but other than having to answer a potentially embarrassing question won't get you in any direct trouble with the TSA. There are a couple of threads that support that.

I am not sure even the most sophisticated scanner could pick out and display the lace trimming on your delicates but should I be wrong about that it should also be able to determine you are a non threat as long as lace hasn't been outlawed.

as my best guess!
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Yes.

no matter how good your tuck is, they will still see your junk, and be able to tell that you are not (physically at least) who you say you are. I would expect the more vigorous pat down after that.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

They will see your outline in the scanners and also catch your underwire bra. I would be more afraid of the physical patdowns which are in all of the smaller airports.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Gold Member
    You could pull the wire out of your bra and hurt some-one. I believe all
    the GG's should take notice of that. LOL Rader

Quote Originally Posted by irenetancd View Post
    Just wear a non wired bra, padded with socks.
    I think after that episode last week that any padding under your clothes that security notices is going to be a strip search.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

CDs aren't the only ones out there who wear falsies. What about GGs who pad to enhance nature? What about survivors of breast cancer who've had surgery? I predict lawsuits if the TSA starts forcibly strip searching anyone wearing a padded bra.

I've never seen or heard of an underwire bra setting off a metal detector, and I fly a lot. Other things that haven't set off a metal detector are a pair of glasses and a wedding ring.

I don't know what the 'critical mass" is, in the way of metal, that will set off the metal detector, but obviously, small amounts of metal doesn't do it.

Jenny

I've been thinking very much the same thing. For me, DRAB is normal routine on airlines UFN. I can still pack all my femme things and so I can still be myself once I've "arrived".
    Something happens and I'm head over heels.

If you are concerned, just tell the scanner/TSA person that you are transgendered. They know what that means and will treat you with respect. If not, ask for their supervisor.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Wilson View Post
    I've never seen or heard of an underwire bra setting off a metal detector, and I fly a lot. Other things that haven't set off a metal detector are a pair of glasses and a wedding ring.

I don't know what the 'critical mass" is, in the way of metal, that will set off the metal detector, but obviously, small amounts of metal doesn't do it.

Jenny
    I've used a metal detector for years Jenny. I think up until recent incidents, The TSA Folks had the Detectors Sensitivity turned down so that they wouldn't pick up things like bobbi-pins and garter clasps. But, could we really doubt that for The Foreseeable Future, they are going to have The Detectors turned "wide open" picking up the minutest bit of metal. They will also be soon using those whole body scanners everywhere, just as soon as they get them.

Now, does anyone doubt that if you presented with the slightest thing out of "The Norm," that you are going to get their full attention. Anyone care to bet that they won't be over-reacting to everything! But, then again...if you were in their shoes, wouldn't you do the same?

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 01-03-2010 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
    If you are concerned, just tell the scanner/TSA person that you are transgendered. They know what that means and will treat you with respect. If not, ask for their supervisor.
    Ha! The TSA will treat you with respect! That is a good one!
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

I was worried about my under wire bra enough that when I went to the court house to pay my personal property tax I didn't wear it for fear of setting it off, I don't know if it would or not, I under dress almost everywhere, do they set them off?
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Banned Read only
    Yes - they will see everything you have on underneath. Underwire bras really have nothing to do with it. If you don't want them to see it, here's your option...
    don't wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    The same people who consider non-organic peanut butter (that will, as a result, not have the watery substance) a liquid, no surprise there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    I travel frequently and have always found this to be true. A lot depends on one's attitude and presentation.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Silver Member
    I've flown almost every week for several years in drab. I've worn underwire bras and often forms on most every flight and seldom set off the alarms. None of which were because of my bra, but because I forgot which belt I was wearing, etc. I've been wanded and simply said my bra or that's the underwires. As I usually wear women's shirts and leave the second button undone. More than once I have simply pealed back the top so that they can see the bra's lace, they smile and I go on. TSA could care less.

The new system will show clothing lines. So it won't matter, the underwire will show along with the band, the cups, your cute thong, etc. Why worry, they are not going to stamp you with some symbol for crossdressing. Personally I don't care what they see, just nail the guy with the bomb. I don't want to skydive from 30,000 ft.

Somebody please tell me why it matters?

If you are that ashamed of what you're wearing then don't wear it!!

The TSA don't care. The person sitting next to you doesn't care, or if they do you'll never see them again so who cares?

No wonder everyone thinks something must be wrong with a CD/TG person because the majority of them act that way.
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Faces will be automatically blurred as they already are on the existing machines that have been in use for quite some time in Phoenix, Los Angeles, Baltimore, JFK and a number of other airports.

In addition, TSA will not keep, store or transmit images. Once deleted, they are gone forever. For additional privacy, the officer viewing the image is in a separate room and will never see the passenger and the officer attending to the passenger will never see the image. The officers have 2-way radios to communicate with other in case a threat object is identified.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

It is my understanding that underwire or not, the new full body scanners will show the outline of a bra and more. That's the big objection that people have with the TSA using them - severe invasion of privacy for little added security.

Personally, I try to avoid raising the ire of the TSA as much as possible for many reasons.
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

Can you say "AMTRAK"?
    Malori

Watching a sky news bulletin yesterday they showed a scanner in use. The scanners are designed to see NON METALIC objects such as plastic. They showed several people scans and there was no difficulty in seeing a persons underclothing clearly outlined by the seams. A guys boxers stood out just as well as a womans panties. Be Ready!

Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

C'mon people. It is simple. If you are transitioning you will present as a female and you will have some sort of document stating such (note form your doctor should do just like if you have a pace maker or artificial hip). If you are not transitioning and traveling in femme they already KNOW (very few of us pass off as female). If you absolutely need to wear a bra...NO ONE Cares. It is an article of clothing. If they see your "junk" as stated again, who cares? Nature gave it to you half the population has it...so what? (if you are so worried it may thrill the TSA officer, maybe a profession in the adult movie industry would be a good choice).

Look at it this way. You plays the game you pays the price. You want to fly looking like a female, and you aren't, I would expect to be scrutinized more. It is not an invasion of privacy. You know going into the airport (which by the way is a government facility and subject to the rules of the government...so you relinquish your privacy rights when you enter) that you are subject to search (been that way for 80 years...there were signs even before 9/11 stating that). You know that a certain number of people will be searched more thoroughly than others. Your privacy is not more important than my right to live. So complain all you want about being scanned. You don't have anything anyone wants to see in real life. It is an image, it isn't a picture of you standing naked with a pina colada on the beach in Mexico.

There is nothing in the Bill of Rights that keeps them from scanning you as long as they don't choose you because of race creed color religion specifically for these searches (sorry but gender and sexual orientation aren't covered yet because no one seems to want to fight to get these passed). When everyone who passes through gets scanned (first by metal detectors and now image scanners) and you don't look suspicious you will be on your way, underwire bra and all.

You have the right to walk where you are going, drive within the parameters of the law, take the train but expect that you will be scanned there also very soon. And you have the right to pay your money get a ticket on an airline and be scanned and possibly searched. It is a known thing now. It isn't a surprise.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Kickin' Crosser View Post
    The same people who consider non-organic peanut butter (that will, as a result, not have the watery substance) a liquid, no surprise there.
    There are explosives available that are made from material that can look surprisingly a lot like peanut butter, with similar malleable properties.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
    There are explosives available that are made from material that can look surprisingly a lot like peanut butter, with similar malleable properties.
    Too bad the machines that exist that check this well are extremely expensive and/or not commonplace, that would cut down on the no peanut-butter, no play dough idiocy going on.