Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you ready?

Aspiring Member

Are you ready?

In light of the travel threads, I thought this might be appropriate to post.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,1248602.story

"After the incident, the TSA announced it planned to order 300 full-body image screening machines, in addition to 150 units that the TSA had already scheduled to install at airports nationwide early this year."

"The length of delays, TSA officials said, might ultimately depend on how many passengers must go through the full body scan, and how many opt instead for the manual pat-down search.

Currently, it takes about 10 seconds for the average person to walk through a metal-detector scanner, the TSA said. (This does not include the time it takes passengers to remove shoes, belts, etc., run carry-on baggage through an X-ray screening unit, collect their belongings and get redressed.)

Security screeners and airline officials can then decide whether a passenger needs to go through one of the full-body screening units, which are capable of scanning one person every 12 to 15 seconds, according to the TSA.

But some passengers are likely to balk at entering these units, which create what looks like a nude image of their bodies. For those who object, the alternative is to submit to a pat-down search by security agents, which takes an average of three to five minutes, the TSA said."

Your response?

Aspiring Member

I'm Not Worried

Because I intend to never get on an airplane in my lifetime...I I can't drive to it, I ain't going to it!!!

I guess I'm just a Sissy

I THINK that there is going to be a lot less Sista's wearing Lingerie under their male clothes, when they travel!

If some of us forget about all the extra new security procedures, it's going to make for some interesting conversations with The TSA Agents: "What do you have under your clothes that I'm picking up on The Scanner?" "It's probably just the metal clasps on my Garter Belt, it nothing dangerous! "We'll see about that!" "Step this way....time for a Strip Search!"

You all get The Idea. Maybe we should forget about "Enfemme" for The Duration of our Vacation. For a lot of folks who like to dress up when they are on a Business Trip, better take The Car instead.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Don't think I'll ever fly enfemme if I ever fly period!! Just too big a hastle, no mater how I'm dressed.. For work I'm going to loby hard to let me use the new G4! Lol. And going to by me a Porshe with all the money I saved on airline tickets! May not go far but I'll look damn good where ever I do go!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Give me another reason not to fly. TSA is the best reason I can think of to hop on a south bound freight instead of going to the airport.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    Give me another reason not to fly. TSA is the best reason I can think of to hop on a south bound freight instead of going to the airport.
    Yes; The Train, The Train, I think I will use Amtrak, then rent a car.
    Most likley cheeper if you add the check baggage fee.
    My Son, a Piolit for a major air line has to go through the same screening.
    And he drives the plane. Go figure. Rader

Are you ready?

guess we will have to be careful what we wear under our man's cloths

Earlier this week, I was standing in an airport security line preparing for a flight back to the US. The process was taking much longer than normal. Perhaps in consideration to the recent event, almost everyone seemed quite tolerant.

The exception was a loud and rude individual standing behind me that moaned and groaned constantly about the screening process. Quite frankly, he was many times more annoying than the added security measures.

Finally, he got my attention and said, "You don't seem to be the least bit upset by this. Don't you think these airlines and security agencies have crossed the line and are violating our rights?"

Normally, I tend to keep my opinions to myself but this guy crossed my line. I replied, "Rights? I'd say the people that fly these planes and the security people are protecting everyone's rights, including their own. What I am talking about is a person's right to freedom from fear or harm. The real culprits responsible for this situation are the terrorists that don't respect anyone's rights to anything."

Now that I really had his attention, I went on to say, "You might have something there. Maybe passengers should be given a freedom of choice. How about the airlines and the security agencies setting up two kinds of flights. The first would be one where everyone is thoroughly screened before takeoff. The second would be a separate flight where individual rights are respected and screening is virtually non-existent. I wonder how much extra it would cost to hire flight crews willing to risk the unscreened flights? There may be plenty of available seats on that flight too. You realize that ticket prices may cost just a wee bit more because big jets are kind of expensive to replace. Which flight would you choose for yourself and loved ones?"

The man was speechless for a few moments and finally said, "I never thought about like that before." He never uttered another word.

BTW, I prefer to arrive at my destination in one piece so I welcome the screening inconvenience.

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

I went through the metal detectors twice on New years eve,once in Las Vegas and one in Los Angeles. Neither of those times did the detectors pick up either the hooks or under wires of my bra. I am wondering if this is a serious concern or just another reason to bitch or be paranoid. I am thinking that most who are worried, wouldn't fly en femme to begin with. I don't see what the big deal is... they are not going to arrest you or put you public display because you are wearing panties or a bra. Some of you act like you may be thought to be carrying contraband. THE TSA DOESN"T CARE people. They are not looking for guys in dresses, they are looking for explosives or other things that can harmful to other passengers or the aircraft itself. I fly on company business a lot, and have never ever had a problem getting through security because of my underwear! ( or what's in it for that matter).
    Just another dumb excuse to spread unwarranted fear if you ask me. If you are so afraid that a couple of TSA agents are going to know your big dark secret... don't wear the stuff until you get to where you are going.
    The TSA isn't going to persecute you.. you are doing a fine job of persecuting yourselves. Grow a set or stop complaining that the government is wrong for at least trying to keep flying safe. Ask the frequent fliers or the crews that fly the planes if they think that the government is overstepping their bounds by attempting to conduct thorough searches. Ask the families of those people who were killed on 9/11 if they wished that there are been better security measures in place on that day. The system may not be perfect, but at least they are making an effort.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Platinum Member

T. S. A. =

Thousands Standing Around

Orchid

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Well, my two cents on this is to say that I fly several times a year and I've been through the "metal detector arch" every time wearing my bra and panties (the types of bra I wear have metal hooks and buckles and sometimes an underwire) and it has never gone off - yet.

So if they are only going to do a fully body scan (that can see under your outer clothes) if the metal detector goes off then I'm fine. If they scan every passenger no matter what then presumably they will see that I'm wearing a bra. I would much prefer that than be patted down and have some one detect "my harness" and assume I'm wearing something I shouldn't be and have to explain my underwear.

I guess I could not wear a bra ... humm .... I'll have to think more about it before doing that
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

My two Cents.

Women travel everyday wearing bras and panties without causing problems. If you are worried about a bad situation, don't fly while underdressed.
    Cary

I'm not making light of a serious situation but be dam sure if you fly in femme that you don't wear padded underwear or bra's once the new machines come online.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    I went through the metal detectors twice on New years eve,once in Las Vegas and one in Los Angeles. Neither of those times did the detectors pick up either the hooks or under wires of my bra. I am wondering if this is a serious concern or just another reason to bitch or be paranoid. I am thinking that most who are worried, wouldn't fly en femme to begin with. I don't see what the big deal is... they are not going to arrest you or put you public display because you are wearing panties or a bra. Some of you act like you may be thought to be carrying contraband. THE TSA DOESN"T CARE people. They are not looking for guys in dresses, they are looking for explosives or other things that can harmful to other passengers or the aircraft itself. I fly on company business a lot, and have never ever had a problem getting through security because of my underwear! ( or what's in it for that matter).
    Just another dumb excuse to spread unwarranted fear if you ask me. If you are so afraid that a couple of TSA agents are going to know your big dark secret... don't wear the stuff until you get to where you are going.
    The TSA isn't going to persecute you.. you are doing a fine job of persecuting yourselves. Grow a set or stop complaining that the government is wrong for at least trying to keep flying safe. Ask the frequent fliers or the crews that fly the planes if they think that the government is overstepping their bounds by attempting to conduct thorough searches. Ask the families of those people who were killed on 9/11 if they wished that there are been better security measures in place on that day. The system may not be perfect, but at least they are making an effort.
    This is the TSA we are talking about, and any aviation nut [CD or not] knows that their incompetence leads to them making a big deal out of things that aren't their business.

This is the same agency that took out 9 American Eagle RJs at O'hare by climbing on the aircraft's TAT probes - delicate sensor instruments - while trying to get inside the aircraft - they dismissed it as written procedures. and fined the airlines.

P.S: I was watching the news, and even 9-11 families believe that some of the measures that were implemented after the Christmas failed bombing [the no getting up 1 hour before landing thing especially]are asinine, and would do nothing to stop the incident from occuring.
    Last edited by Kickin' Crosser; 01-02-2010 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    I am wondering if this is a serious concern or just another reason to bitch or be paranoid.
    I vote for the bitch and complain

and who wears garters with metal now? You almost have to go to a vintage shop to get that.

And finally "trains" it won't be long before "terrists" pick them as a target...OH wait! they already have in England. And a freight train could be just as dangerous as Amtrak. Like Kelly points out, they aren't out to see what you wear under your clothes. How will they know you are a CD when the start the "fly naked" rules?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by vetobob9 View Post
    In light of the travel threads, I thought this might be appropriate to post.

But some passengers are likely to balk at entering these units, which create what looks like a nude image of their bodies. For those who object, the alternative is to submit to a pat-down search by security agents, which takes an average of three to five minutes, the TSA said."

Oooh...a 3 to 5 minute Pat down search...sounds like fun...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Let's all just fly nude! No worries then!

Flying nude wouldn't work, if the flight crew saw me nude they would probably go blind.

Aspiring Member
    Whether I am wearing a bra and panties or not, I would prefer to arrive at the predetermined airport alive and not in a field or worse. Therefore you can scan me or pat me down or look at my profile to make the flight a little more safe. I don't fit the remotest description of a terrorist but if you have to check me out to validate checking others, go ahead. OH and please - if someone does look suspicous, check him or her out. I don't care what you call it - racial profilling or whatever. I would like to arrive alive. Just don't care if a "right" has been violated. Presumably, most of you would prefer to live too so let'em do their job.
    SheriM

Quote Originally Posted by SheriM View Post
    Whether I am wearing a bra and panties or not, I would prefer to arrive at the predetermined airport alive and not in a field or worse. Therefore you can scan me or pat me down or look at my profile to make the flight a little more safe. I don't fit the remotest description of a terrorist but if you have to check me out to validate checking others, go ahead. OH and please - if someone does look suspicous, check him or her out. I don't care what you call it - racial profilling or whatever. I would like to arrive alive. Just don't care if a "right" has been violated. Presumably, most of you would prefer to live too so let'em do their job.
    SheriM
    This begs the question, though, where do you draw the line? Driving to the airport, getting injured on the job, getting stuck by lightning all are more likely than terrorists successfully blowing up a plane. Doesn't mean we shouldn't screen, and make sure we are able to keep people who are a danger to aviation security off airplanes, but that does not mean we give the TSA - proven incompetent time and again - a free card to do whatever the hell they want either.

I think it is a lot of fear-mongering. Everyone is getting worked up into a frenzy. When you go out dressed, do you always pass? Does someone figure out you are a guy in women's clothes? Probably!

So what is the difference of TSA knowing that you are a crossdresser? Are they going to call you mommy? Crossdressing is not against the law so what do you think is going to happen? They are going to figure out a solution to cd'ers and we are going to move through the lines just like everyone else. They might ask us a question or two, but who cares.

Until the terrorist start crossdressing and blowing up planes, I am not going to worry about how many scanners they have. I am going to fly enfemme anyway.
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post
    I
    So what is the difference of TSA knowing that you are a crossdresser?
    Because the TSA has proven time and again that they are inconsistent, and sometimes agents will enforce their own rules causing needless harassment and issues.

Grow a thicker skin...

If you want to fly in girl mode,grow a thicker skin. Rogina has been singled out and got the pat down a couple of times[once thanks to the immigration man] ..No Big Deal! Nothing to hide,then it's over..So what? Embarrassment? Not really,water off a ducks back. Better than having it too easy to smuggle an explosive onboard in my opinion as well as most others.

Gold Member
    Yeah I doubt security is going to care what kind of undies you are wearing.
    Thing is, if it DOES take so long and cost so much to fly, would it really be worth the cost and time unless you are traveling more than 1,000 miles?

I used to go between here and Colorado a lot and really, I would rather just drive. Might take a little longer but if security does take a long time then would it really save many hours?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by rogina garter View Post
    Nothing to hide... *snip*
    As long as privacy exists, "nothing to hide" is a logical impossibility. IMO of course.

I would rather risk it and change airside if I were to go en femme to be frank, I travel often enough and read up enough to know that the incompetent and occasionally [thankfully rarely] renegade nature of a TSO is very real.