Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why can't I just wear a skirt!?

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar

Why can't I just wear a skirt!?

Well, it's Sat. afternoon and a few of my buddies called and want me to go bowling with them. I've just been mulling about the house enfemme all day. I've got get dressed en drab so I can go, but all I seem to wanna do is put on another skirt! The pants don't look or feel right and I've dreaded slipping off my heels in exchange for some heavy boots. I wanna go ,but I'd rather wear my new LEI boots I got for Christmas and a short black sweater dress with a cute belt that TOTALLY matches my boots! I'm going crazy and really confused. Ok, maybe you can't help me right now, but maybe you have similar "episodes". Just wanted to vent to some who might understand. As always Hugs, Tonya

Whilst I can understand to wanting to go fem....bowling in a short dress IMO isnt very practical, unless you want to draw attention to yourself.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

This is where a cute pair of womens jeans come in handy. Most men wouldn't know the difference
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I think I know what you mean. I just wanna wear what I wanna wear, when I wanna wear it .... and not have to "explain myself" or somehow "justify why I want to wear girls clothes".

In my case (and I'm not sure if you were alluding to the same thing or not) it's about wanting to wear nice clothes that make me feel happy and confident about myself, and doing it how and when I want to, which doesn't always mean dressing fully en femme.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by sherri52 View Post
    This is where a cute pair of womens jeans come in handy. Most men wouldn't know the difference
    Right? If know body knows... Then why wear them?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Right? If know body knows... Then why wear them?
    Because I know.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    Why not go out in a skirt? It would be a good way of coming out to them if they did not already know.
    living the dream

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    Because I know.
    Exactuly!! You know it's ohh so wrong! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketscientist View Post
    Well, it's Sat. afternoon and a few of my buddies called and want me to go bowling with them. I've just been mulling about the house enfemme all day. I've got get dressed en drab so I can go, but all I seem to wanna do is put on another skirt! The pants don't look or feel right and I've dreaded slipping off my heels in exchange for some heavy boots. I wanna go ,but I'd rather wear my new LEI boots I got for Christmas and a short black sweater dress with a cute belt that TOTALLY matches my boots! I'm going crazy and really confused. Ok, maybe you can't help me right now, but maybe you have similar "episodes". Just wanted to vent to some who might understand. As always Hugs, Tonya
    haha, I can completely relate. In the past 4 days I've spent at least half of my time fully dressed. Today I decided I should hang out with some guy friends and all I could think about was going home and redressing...even sitting at the bar stool my feet kept feeling like they were in my hooker boots even though I was wearing plain old Etnies sneakers. Talk about torture...

BTW "LEI boots I got for Christmas and a short black sweater dress with a cute belt that TOTALLY matches my boots", wheres the pics!

I have been dressed 90% of the year so far. I only got changed for a few hours to go to the cinema and then got changed back again the second I got home. I don't think I am going to like going back to work on monday! Argh!
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

This has become quite the dilemma for myself as well. While I do understand the practicality of pants in many situations... Yea skirts are the only way to go and I feel your pain daily.
    How often do you daydream about finding a genie's lamp...

I hate pants

I retired a few months ago, and have spent most of my time at home in skirts. There is an unbelieveable sense of relief when I'm able to come home and get out of pants that are too restricting and uncomfortable, and into a skirt or dress; it's like my body can finally breathe again. It's very easy to layer skirts when it's cold, or the reverse when it's hot; far easier and more comfortable than pants.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

If it were me I would go all dolled up . But I am out with my friends and they would not mind.....much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    I totally agree Tonya... and ultimately its all sillyness. The world has an uptight vision of how men are supposed to dress and don't like it when that vision is bent. It frustrates me to no end. - fumes fire and brimstone -

But oh well... I still go out in my skirt plenty despite
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

Simply put, because it's beyond your comfort level. The question might be better better asked as "Why can't I just allow myself to wear a skirt?"

Kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

How is it impractical to bowl while wearing a dress or a skirt? It's not as if you're turning sommersaults.

I'd agree that you may want to forego the crinoline petticoats so that your skirt won't flare out to interfere with swinging your arm to launch the ball.

Jenny

I triple dog dare you

*makes chicken noises*

Understand totally

Sweetie, I completely understand the feeling, BUT, as has been said, unless you want to come out...............I agree with Sherri52 about the womens jeans, I just bought my first pair
    and I wore them out grocery shopping today, with pantyhose underneath and a nice silky camisole under my sweater and of course nobody noticed! it is like shaving legs, nobody notices that either!!
    Good Luck whatever your choice!!
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget Fitzgerald View Post
    I triple dog dare you

*makes chicken noises*
    That's a breach of dare etiquette. First you "dare" then you "double dare" then you "double dog dare", then "triple dare" and then finally the coup de grace the "triple dog dare"

Veronica Rogers
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Simply put, because it's beyond your comfort level. The question might be better better asked as "Why can't I just allow myself to wear a skirt?"

Kel
    What Kelly is really saying is you cannot just wear a skirt cause in many parts it is too damned cold out! And THAT is where the discomfort comes in.

Just think - you are out in a skirt, and OK we will add shoes, even hose, but then no top, a girl's titties would be freezin'

Ummm, did I miss the point again?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

You can, no one will beat you up unless you go somewhere you probably wouldn't go even in pants!

I started wearing skirts a little over 2 years ago, get mixed reactions from people. Sometimes the look of shock and horror, however, mostly just ignored. When I wear skirts around people I know, I get questions. To my knowledge, I haven't lost any friends over my peculiar manner of dress. I simply explain to them that skirts work better than pants in certain conditions and they are more comfortable.

I wore won to a New Year's Eve party and a lady asked me why I was wearing a woman's skirt. I said I was not, that I bought this particular skirt, no woman ever owned it and I am not a woman!

I think skirt wearing as a guy is a way to start breaking the general public into the idea of men wearing woman's clothing in general. It may take decades to educate them, but it's a good start.

I can tell you this, I get a great deal of satisfaction out of wearing a skirt in public and/or among friends. It goes a long long way to scratching the itch "to dress".

It takes courage and confidence to wear a skirt in public, it's about the hardest thing I have ever done -- maybe that's why the payoff is so big? I suspect a lot of guys would like to be able to do it, but don't have the courage to pull it off. You can do it, just take tiny steps and work your way up...
    -Meri

Central Ohio

I know how you feel. Lots of times on my day off I get dress just lounging the house and then one of the kids call they comming down and will be there in 10 min. then you have to rush to change and wash up and put everything away, then they come and only stay a few mins. after all the rushing to change only for a few min. gets to you after awile you would like to say the heck with them and be yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    What Kelly is really saying is you cannot just wear a skirt cause in many parts it is too damned cold out! And THAT is where the discomfort comes in.

Just think - you are out in a skirt, and OK we will add shoes, even hose, but then no top, a girl's titties would be freezin'

Ummm, did I miss the point again?
    Gosh Nicole... I am starting to think that maybe you have thing for me, like the little boy in school who pulls the little girls hair who's sitting in the desk in front of him. He hasn't developed the social stills to actually talk to her, so the next best thing is to try and annoy her. But rather than be annoyed, I am just going to agree that you may in fact be right, depending on where in the country that this person lives.

Your really good friend
    Kelly
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

The other day I walked by a Target store and I noticed a man who was wearing a plaid skirt into the store. He was obviously a man e.g. he was wearing masculine glasses,socks and shoes, coat and shirt as well as hairy legs. He looked awful in my opinion. Yet no one said anything as he walked in and around the store. Oh, people looked, but then went about their business. I looked for reactions from the people around him and I did follow him around the store for a bit as I was curious what people's reactions would be.

I recall years ago when I worked in a convience store and I was just starting full time as Karan that a cross dresser walked into the store, he was obvious and the other (teenage) gals in the store just acted naturally until he left and then giggled and gossiped about him until I said enough! Take pity on the poor thing, can't you imagine what this person must be going through. They just shut up and I had the chance to be a fly on the wall as they mistreated this person.

I learned a valuable lesson. You can go out and do much of anything you want to do and most people will not notice, or they will take notice and not care, or they figure it's none of there business as they have things they have to do. As long as you aren't being a pervert or trying to steal something, or trying to harm some one, you're okay. But don't kid yourself, you need to evaluate yourself or have a trusted someone evaluate if you really are passable.

Karan49

Why can't I just wear a skirt?
    This has happened to me too. In particular, it's when I'm preparing my business appropriate clothing. There's been times when I've run into problems with the clothing, little stains, missing button, item just too worn out, etc. I get frustrated going through my male wardrobe trying to find something to wear for the next day.

It's then that I think to myself, "I've got the perfect outfit, complete with hose and heels, etc. Why can't I wear that?"