Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couldn't use the "It's for My Wife" excuse

Couldn't use the "It's for My Wife" excuse

SO MUCH FOR USING THE “IT’S FOR MY WIFE EXCUSE”

Was in Kohl’s today picking up a few things, and tried them on in the changing room. ( see my post in “I went shopping and guess what I got” )

After I got my goodies, headed for the check out counter.
    Describing how I was dressed, fuchsia shirt, clip on earrings, long hair simply combed under a pink baseball cap, jeans, (sorry Karren ) snow boots with a cute fur top, and my red jacket from F.B. Finger nails are rather long just now and are painted a nice pinkish bronze. Plus a nice wipe of Mary Kay “berry kiss” lippy.

Put my stuff on the counter and open my purse to get out my card. Checkout lady looks at me and says, “You look familiar, ….( 2 second pause while she places me ) Do you go to Dr. S**** ?”
    “Yes I do”
    “I work in his reception area”
    “Oh”
    “So sorry to hear about your wife. A**** told me”
    (A**** was at the funeral, she knew my wife from when my daughters played softball as teenagers. A**** also works in Dr. **** ‘s office)

NO, no HPPIA (sp) rules were broken, and if they were … so what. I don’t care.

So, here I am with a skirt, sweater, trousers, a Barely There sport bra and 2 pair of clip on earrings, and the checkout gal is giving me condolences on the passing of my wife.

Any thought of using that “for my wife” excuse was long gone. Good thing I don’t worry about that any more.
    The excuse part, I mean, not the fact that she's no longer around to get angry at me for spending money on "That Stuff" as she called it.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Phyliss the way you were dressed you were definitely to late for that excuse. Sorry for you loss.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    But remember, a bad excuse is sometimes better than no excuse at all. You could say something like, my dogs/cats miss chewing on this stuff, so I pick it up for them as a treat.
    Dana Ryan

It's so nice that you got kindness & sympathy from a GG when en femme due to your real life loss.

It sounds like a good shopping trip, And from the way you were dressed, you don't need excuses. Your money is as good as the next girls.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

What's wrong with the truth? "I am buying this for myself and I'm going to wear them."
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Smile

so far I have only shoped in drab, and can not remember when the clerk even asked "who's" this for question.

She probably look down on you now and as ticked as I am you wore fen jeans instead of a decent skirt! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    She probably look down on you now and as ticked as I am you wore fen jeans instead of a decent skirt! Lol.
    I really wanted to, but with a 16 yr old grandson ( who's a bag of chips and a sandwich short of a full picnic ) I'd have been questioned to no end about why was I wearing a dress ( poor child doesn't know the difference ) , so, I opted to be, in his eyes, normal. Trust me, he doesn't notice or understand what I do wear. It's just that a skirt would be over the line for him.
    (I can find my own way)

Gold Member
    Now this is just an Idea; Just for my sister? I know it's thin, just a thought.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    Now this is just an Idea; Just for my sister? I know it's thin, just a thought.
    Rader

That's a thought, but the more I reflect on the entire process, I've got a feeling, that if I walked back in 5 min later and asked what I purchased, she wouldn't have a clue.
    (I can find my own way)

Couldn't use the "It's for My Wife" excuse

sorry for your loss, but we really don't nead a excuse anymore hun,

Platinum Member

Caution

Quote Originally Posted by Phyliss View Post
    I really wanted to, but with a 16 yr old grandson ( who's a bag of chips and a sandwich short of a full picnic ) I'd have been questioned to no end about why was I wearing a dress ( poor child doesn't know the difference ) , so, I opted to be, in his eyes, normal. Trust me, he doesn't notice or understand what I do wear. It's just that a skirt would be over the line for him.

Caution
    The (DENIM POLICE) are watching you.
    You have been warned.

Orchid

Aspiring Member
    Sorry about your loss. Just from that brief story that cashier sounds like a good person though...

Dear phyliss,

If you need an excuse for the family [grandson] Tell him the dress belonged to your dear ,departed wife and it makes you feel closer to her to wear her clothes.

It's a very common copeing device.... for everyone.

Sincerely,
    Presh GG

Women buy men's clothes, including undies, all the time. Because we know the real reason why we're buying girlie things, we have a need to have an excuse. Plus, you were [U]dressed[U]woman! What else could she think and didn't care a wit.

Hugs, Terri

[QUOTE]If you need an excuse for the family [grandson] Tell him the dress belonged to your dear ,departed wife and it makes you feel closer to her to wear her clothes. It's a very common copeing device.... for everyone./QUOTE]

I know I've used that excuse lots of times. My wife died less than 3 years after my mother died. Hasn't been a day since then that I haven't worn at least a bra & pantyhose.

Hi Phyliss , I think we all have to start saying no they are for me. We want to be out. For me any way I have now said to the sale girls that, you would be surprized as to what happens next. Most I have had very good talks with them,just picked up some eye liner and lipstick. The women said they would go good with your complexson, I said that is why I bought them. She then smiled at me an ask if I need any help doing my make up. I just went to a tag sale a a dome here in Flordia, this very pretty women that runs it, said to me that the earings I picked out were to be a gift. I said no and proceded to put them on, very nice she said, thank you I said. We then talked an I told her i was a C D , a week later I brought her pictures of me dressed, well unknow to me she had told her sister who owen the shop and was working with another customer. She is a fox she came over an sister no 1 left. To make a long story short when the no 1 sister leaves to go bck home to Cal { hurray ] we are going out with me dressed. Let the all know they want us dressed as women. Good luck. JO

Just to clarify something. I haven't used the "for my wife" thing for a long time, and if I'm asked I admit it's for me. I just thought it was kinda funny that if I was still using that one, it would have really backfired on me.
    (I can find my own way)

Wink

I've been buying women's things all my life dressed or in drab, and I was never asked who things were for, nor did I ever feel the need to lie about it. Clerks don't care, or if they do, they know not to embarrass a customer and risk their job.

Karen
    Lucky to be a girl 95.33% of the time

I have gone shopping in drab and have recieved comments like "that is definately your color" or "that is a pretty top, it will look very nice on you" to which I replied, thank you and smiled. Really made me feel good.

I find shop assistants to be mostly cool about a man buying femme clothes. I mostly just get warm smiles from ladies in stores but the best one was when I was buying underwear and the assistant had a really long chat with me about the benefits of certain items. She even asked me what I'd be wearing them under.

Silver Member
    Always be comfortable with who you are - not matter what you are wearing! IMO if you "blend in", most people don't care how you are dressed, and most SA's just want to make the "sale"!

Quote Originally Posted by Phyliss View Post
    So, here I am with a skirt, sweater, trousers, a Barely There sport bra and 2 pair of clip on earrings, and the checkout gal is giving me condolences on the passing of my wife.

Any thought of using that “for my wife” excuse was long gone. Good thing I don’t worry about that any more.
    The excuse part, I mean, not the fact that she's no longer around to get angry at me for spending money on "That Stuff" as she called it.
    A good moment for a shot of humor...

You: "I don't suppose you'd believe all of these things are for my wife, right?"

I agree with others and you though; excuse be damned. I don't care if they think it's for me or not.

Quote Originally Posted by danar View Post
    But remember, a bad excuse is sometimes better than no excuse at all. You could say something like, my dogs/cats miss chewing on this stuff, so I pick it up for them as a treat.
    That's really good!

Phyliss,thanks for sharing.