Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lifes Simple Pleasures

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar

Lifes Simple Pleasures

I just read a poll from Cosmo about what women consider life's simple pleasures. I found it interesting that many of them were non-gender specific. #1 was a good night's sleep #50 was popping bubble wrap.

Some of them were very gender specific makeovers, shopping, fitting back into your dream jeans etc.

My top simple pleasure is taking a nap on the couch with my kids followed very closely by shopping en femme and a full blown pedi. Popping bubble wrap and crossdressers.com would also have to rank awful high on the list.

Are your simple pleasures male or female and what are they?
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Sleeping well is definitely my #1 simple pleasure - it is in fact something I try to accomplish as often as possible - closely followed by a sense of harmonious energy flow in my body and mind (yoga almost every morning)

not feeling anger anymore.

this forum, lipstick and pantyhose are also high ranking.

looking at animals living their lives - a tea a perfect temperature

my wife being happy is a great soothing moment

Sonia

I would have to venture a guess that mine would be the times my make-up goes on without a hitch when I'm in a rush.

Of course with a face like mine I have to use so much make-up I'm ALWAYS in a rush!

I believe that my most simple pleasure is when I see my wonderful wife smile and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    I just read a poll from Cosmo about what women consider life's simple pleasures. I found it interesting that many of them were non-gender specific. #1 was a good night's sleep #50 was popping bubble wrap.
    Cosmo! Tee hee! You are such "a girl". And only members of the "tribe" call it Cosmo. :-) For those who don't read women's magazines, Cosmo is short for "Cosmopolitan", a fashion/beauty/relationship magazine aimed at 20-somethings these days.

Some of them were very gender specific makeovers, shopping, fitting back into your dream jeans etc.
    Yep.

My top simple pleasure is taking a nap on the couch with my kids followed very closely by shopping en femme and a full blown pedi. Popping bubble wrap and crossdressers.com would also have to rank awful high on the list.
    Mani-pedi's are wonderful, especially if you go for the full spa mani-pedi. And bubblewrap is awesome and I do obsessively pop it when I have some.

Veronica Rogers
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

I have said for many years that virtually everything that I enjoy doing, I could do just as well en femme. In fact, right now, I ca't think of anything that would be gender specific.
    Hugs, Carole

Lots of choices...

In no order:
    A vacation someplace sunny with my lovely wife - Sigh .
    A day off to dress - swish .

Nine days, an open road, and two wheels to explore it with - vroom .

A good nights sleep is high on the list, but not something I'd "wish for."
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Former Member
    A warm bubble bath on a cold Winter night. I find that totally relaxing.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    For a tie, I would say that that contented smile that my wife and I get when the makeup and hair is done and everything just turns out right would be number one - for me because it is a rare occurance, and for my wife because anytime I see her smile at herself - with her low self-esteem - is a good thing.

Second would probably be shopping. Vain and useless, I know. But consarnit and gosh durn it all! It's fun!!

Third, snuggling with my kids and cats after church in a big pile on top of the bed.

Bubble wrap? Eh.

Realizing that I actually have the lack of mental faculty to allow myself to go around dressed as I do - that brings a smile to my face.

Life, in general.

Kathi

I am actually writting some of these in my Franklin Planner! Its becoming my I amstressed and I want to do something simple and pleasurable list. Keep the ideas coming girls. I am sure our list will top the GGs list.

I also think we have discovered how to bring about world peace - Lock everyone in a room and give them bubble wrap to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by sonia_dargency View Post
    closely followed by a sense of harmonious energy flow in my body and mind (yoga almost every morning)
    Sonia one of my resolutions (none of which I have actioned yet) is to enroll in a yoga class!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller View Post
    I would have to venture a guess that mine would be the times my make-up goes on without a hitch when I'm in a rush.

Of course with a face like mine I have to use so much make-up I'm ALWAYS in a rush!
    Psshaaa girl you look like one of those gals that can throw her makeup on in five minutes and look fab. In my case it takes at least five minutes to break our the paint sprayer and spatulas.

Quote Originally Posted by sara_also View Post
    I believe that my most simple pleasure is when I see my wonderful wife smile and be happy.
    Always a good one, but I find it to simply be a pleasure if she is not scowling at me with a raised eyebrow. I have to be a challenge to live with.

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit View Post
    And only members of the "tribe" call it Cosmo. :-) For those who don't read women's magazines, Cosmo is short for "Cosmopolitan", a fashion/beauty/relationship magazine aimed at 20-somethings these days.
    Veronica I will share my bubble wrap with you. Its so therapuetic. Cosmo is not just for 20 somethings anymore I have been reading it for two decades. I think the name of our tribe is the Cosmohicans.

Quote Originally Posted by minalost View Post
    In no order:
    A day off to dress - swish .

Nine days, an open road, and two wheels to explore it with - vroom .
    Mina you are so smart I never thought of the day of to just dress. I need to find a spot in the top three for that one.

The bike used to be one of my top ten, but the wind and the sun are so bad on my complexion. I replaced mine with a convertable bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha43 View Post
    A warm bubble bath on a cold Winter night. I find that totally relaxing.
    Samantha perfect idea and what I am going to do tonight. I am going to buy some Bubble Bath, no not bubble wrap Veronica, when I go to Ulta tonight and relax when I get back to the hotel room.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    For a tie, I would say that that contented smile that my wife and I get when the makeup and hair is done and everything just turns out right would be number one - for me because it is a rare occurance, and for my wife because anytime I see her smile at herself - with her low self-esteem - is a good thing.

Second would probably be shopping. Vain and useless, I know. But consarnit and gosh durn it all! It's fun!!

Third, snuggling with my kids and cats after church in a big pile on top of the bed.

Kathi
    I really don't have a comment. Your post is Kathi Lake. Wonderful dad, committed hubby, fabulous woman and a shopping machine!

Traversing the Multiverse...oh wait, you said simple. Well, performing as my femme self I guess. That's not only simple but a helluva lotta fun also.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Getting dressed and having a beautiful women do my makeup at the same time is the only pleasure I need.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Lifes Simple Pleasures

my pleasure is shopping dressed wow

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

No. 1 on MY list!

Getting rid of this extra 8 to 10, I put on during the holidays!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Taking a nice long soak in a hot bath is near the top of my list, especially on a cold night like this!

I love a soak in the glamor tub with bath crystals. Turn the jets on and just enjoy. I do not like to shave in the tub as the hair floats in the water, that is an shower function.
    "Originally Posted by Anne66"
    It's store policy: whatever you're looking for, that's what they're out of. And the chances of finding it are in inverse proportion to how much you want it.

I'm going with Samantha in the hot bubble bath followed by a good nights sleep. Is there room for a glass of wine or snifter of brandy? Yesssssss.

Huggs Teri

Walking through the mall with my b/f....holding hands. Brushing my hair, sitting on my patio with a hot cup of tea and reflecting.
    I almost forgot..... riding my Harley like I stole it! lol

Kel
    Last edited by kellycan27; 01-06-2010 at 09:35 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

^^
    ^^
    ^^
    ^^
    Now that's a happy person! Wish you well, Kel

As ofr me something as mundane and a bowl of popcorn and a glass of red wine would make me content under any circumstance......oh, and about 8 hours or more of sleep every night.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 01-05-2010 at 10:01 PM.

So I'm guessing that...

...finally capturing that elusive booger, the ability to belch on command, being able to wear the same pair of socks for two weeks straight without anyone complaining about it, as well as the ability write your name in the snow when peeing outdoors in the winter didn't make it onto Cosmo's list...

Of course, for us older CDers, the peeing your name in the snow part is so much easier when you can use a stencil .

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Getting rid of this extra 8 to 10, I put on during the holidays!
    Stepping on the scale and seeing that it has come off! That is truely a pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Jackson View Post
    Taking a nice long soak in a hot bath is near the top of my list, especially on a cold night like this!
    Quote Originally Posted by christinek View Post
    I love a soak in the glamor tub with bath crystals. Turn the jets on and just enjoy. I do not like to shave in the tub as the hair floats in the water, that is an shower function.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri Jean View Post
    I'm going with Samantha in the hot bubble bath followed by a good nights sleep. Is there room for a glass of wine or snifter of brandy? Yesssssss.

Huggs Teri
    Heading for the Bathtub as soon as I finish this post. My hotel tub is not a glamour tub like Christines, but Rebecca is right its a cold night and will feel perfect. Teri I wish I had a glass of wine to go with my soak in the tub. I do have some wonderful vanilla bath salts though.

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Walking through the mall with my b/f....holding hands. Brushing my hair, sitting on my patio with a hot cup of tea and reflecting.
    Kelly your boyfriend is soo lucky and sitting on the patio sipping tea watching the sunrise or sunset sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    As ofr me something as mundane and a bowl of popcorn and a glass of red wine would make me content under any circumstance.......
    Popcorn and wine the only thing missing is curling up on the couch with a romantic movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    ...finally capturing that elusive booger, the ability to belch on command, being able to wear the same pair of socks for two weeks straight without anyone complaining about it, as well as the ability write your name in the snow when peeing outdoors in the winter didn't make it onto Cosmo's list...
    Hmmm let me check Nope Leslie for some reason none of those made it.

Simple pleasures

- A glass full of beer at the end of the day- even better one with my bro.
    - A nap, just 20min or so, during the day
    - Lighting the wood stove when it's cold outside

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

so many but here's one:

Sitting in my overstuffed leather chair, glass of wine on the table next to me, Beethoven Violin Concerto on the stereo, the feel of my heels on the floor, stockings smooth on my legs, the color of my fingernails flashing as I crochet, talking to my lovely and wonderful girlfriend who is sitting in the chair next to me!

tina

Finding an incredible looking item in my size that is the last one left on the 80% discount rack.
    Something happens and I'm head over heels.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender
    Are your simple pleasures male or female and what are they?
    [SIZE="2"]Putting on a skirt or a dress
    This never fails to please me – I can change my mood simply by dressing. The movement of the garment has a lot to do with the pleasure I feel…

Watching something blow in the wind
    And if the sun is shining, all the better! This relates to my artwork and is gender-unspecific in nature…

Being at a concert
    Seeing a group or performer I’ve “followed” for years in person is very moving for some reason. Not the simplest pleasure, to be sure, but a rare occasion for me…

Receiving or sending a PM
    It’s just wonderful to unexpectedly hear from someone. I like to send better than receive, but one feeds off of the other…

Looking at images
    Any images. This is my lifelong, ongoing passion…

Since I’m integrated in regards to gender, I can’t really separate things into “male” or “female.” This may be the greatest pleasure of all... [/SIZE]