Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling Domesticated

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

can be easier

There are just some housework issue that are easier in 5" heels (e.g. you can see where to dust!), so there are some things that Tina does. After all, Tina needs to do her share too!

tina

I live alone and go about indoors en femme all day (except when going out or having visitors) and so have to do all the housework myself but I can't say I enjoy it. I do it because it has to be done and do it in skirt or dress. Every so often I hire a maid to do thorough cleaning but she does it in jeans!

I guess I would be considered domesticated because I do most of the house work and my wife loves it and it makes her more accepting of me dressing .

I'm off work today due to the snow. So dressed - just jeans & polo - done some grocery shopping, washing up & now doing the laundry ...

... but that's gonna be my limit for today. Going out for lunch and just wondering if I can make it to the sales on foot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]To be a Rock and not to Roll[/SIZE]

Yeah, I guess I'm a Mr. Mom too. I do ALL the womanly chores in drab on a regular basis, but it sure is much more enjoyable when I look and feel the part.

I don't think dressing in women's clothes makes me like doing housework, but I do often dress when I do it, not because I feel like I'm doing "women's work", but because at least I can enjoy the fact that I'm dressed in women's clothes while I'm stuck doing my work.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Domesticated Like June Cleaver? Not quite, but again I am the wife we share responsibilities and I enjoy it.
    "Every day, I learn something new about what it means to be a woman."

I understand the sentiment, and I don't want to rain on any parades, but it is somewhat chauvinistic to believe that housework is a woman's responsibility. Is this what makes you feel more femme while cleaning than doing other things? I realize that traditionally women have stayed at home, but surely this is now changed?

Maybe your feelings have more to do with wanting to kill two or three birds with one stone? A desire to dress, combined with the need to do chores, and for some of you a reluctance to go out in public?

Or maybe it is just fun to post these things, since it panders to the 'image'?
    Reine

I think gender roles are a false perception.....fantasy roleplay notwithstanding.
    Most airlines have male flight attentants as well as female. Male hairdressers, male nurses, female construction workers, female hockey players, so on.

In my grandparents' house hold, guess who did all the cooking and shopping? My grandpa.....and he loved it.

I like helping out around the house and my wfe appreciates me cooking, cleaning and doing laundry. And yes I dress every day anyway and make a good housewife I've been told.

Margot

LMAO
    I find it imposible to even look at the dishes unless I'm wearing knickers and a bra.
    Something about the role reversal thats a fair old turn on for me.
    Love it.
    Gives me an oportunity to move around and feel the breeze of my walking passing between my stocking clad legs.
    The feel of these great big boobies getting in the way while I do the ironing or dry the plates.

Dear me
    Samantha -x-

mais uniform.

although i woud not say i like doing housework i do do it, but only in my maids outfit and heels. by the way, the maids outfit was my wifes idea, gotta love her.
    Connie

its just easier

About 3 mos. after our daughter was born, I lost my job and we decided to pull our daughter out of day care (very expensive) and I would stay home with her -- at least for now. My wife makes great money as a CPA, so unless I can find a really good job, I'm the housewife. We live in a small city, so the chances aren't great. She's really not accepting about my dressing, but there have been little signs of acceptance lately. I started wearing her bathrobe and slippers in the morning to fix breakfast in, and I will usually wear an apron to fix dinner. She hasn't said anything about it. I will sometimes wear one of her house dresses while she's gone -- they are very practical! I know she has noticed that they are hung up in different places, but again, she hasn't said anything. Not sure what to think.

Platinum Member
    i have to admit, I like dressing up to do housework. Not sure why. I don't think housework is solely for women. I just think its fun to wear forms, job bra and running shorts while I clean.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Me domesticated! When pigs fly the only domestic things I do as a woman is Wash, Cook and clean up my mess, the strange thing is I am a good cook, however I cook better as Victoria I have not figured that one out yet.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

2nd thought

I just read through all the posts again and was suddenly struck:

Heck, I do what needs to be done, regardless of gender presentation. As I said in a previous post, Tina does some things simply because 5" heels really do make a difference. However, Tina and her gf do whatever needs to be done. Heck, we all need to eat. The kitchen needs to be cleaned, dishes put away, etc. Tina isn't around just for a vacation. She is part of the family. Interestingly, Tina does things "he" wouldn't do, but that seems to be a part of the pattern of Tina being her own person. There are a lot of things Tina won't do but "he" will.

The strange thing is that when Tina cooks she NEVER makes a mess. We don't know how she does it, but it matters not what she is making, she is just the same fashion plate when she's done as when she started! Crazy!

Tina

I own several maid's uniforms, and my house is much cleaner since I've started wearing them on a regular basis. I often fantasize as a simple life as a submissive, beautiful girl, who serves another.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have to admit, it's nice just doing the housework or other mundane tasks, ringing the bank, little DIY jobs etc when wearing something that makes it more comfortable and enjoyable.

While I certainly don't go for the whole sexy little French maid outfit, I do like to dress down a little for housework, trousers and top, flats and a short bob wig. Feminine enough... Normal day clothes. Why risk my best clothes when there's bleach and so on splashing about. If I'm going to get white splash marks on my clothes... They're not going to be self inflicted, and It's NOT going to be from an accident with sodium hypochlorite.
    Last edited by Imogen_Mann; 03-03-2010 at 03:40 AM.

Whilst I don't do housework, my SO takes care of that, I find that what I do for a living (arty, creative, interior design) I try to save that for the days I am really dressed, I sit by a large glass sliding door above the rear garden and have so much more creative energy when dressed for some reason.
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.