Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Renee is Back!

Monday was a close call for me.. I came really close to "purging" a lot of my clothes... February is the worst month for me.. Last year I nearly did the same exact thing as this year, came close to tossing everything, or a lot of stuff.. I know from experience that throwing everything away is a huge no no... In high school I threw all my pantyhose away (the only clothing I had then... ahh the good old days) and a few days later I was suffering withdrawls.. yuckty yuckty yuck... Anyway not the best feeling to have.. I knew that if I can just hold out til Friday that this month would be gone.. Well almost gone.. Hello sun shine..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Welcome back Renee though we haven't met, I'm Amanda Stubbs from England. Luckily I was in my young teens when I learned the pain of the purge and Ive been a precise as a surgeon about what I bin ever since. Never throw everything out and don't try to give up for anyone there always somewhere you can stash the loft of the house is often a decent place because of the spiders in them!

Banned Read only
    Amanda,

you learned the lesson early- it took me 35 yrs!

Welcome back Renee. Unfortunately, I know all too well about tossing out favorites in a purge.

Well, most of us have purged at one time or another. Anyway, clothes can be replaced. You still have your beauty!

I've never perged, but I have thrown out all my crappy guy clothes.

Heh. I think I'd get very upset if I purged.... I'd like get depressed after only a week!

Renee Welcome back,

All I can say is experience is expensive.
    I know it's not that funny but it is true. I am sorry you purged you stuff. I have done this before but will never again.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

I think the very vast majority of us have gone through it at least once. I had my longest purge right before I joined this forum when I went almost three years. The irony is, when I came back to CDing I came back with a vengeance!

Banned Read only
    I think the very vast majority of us have gone through it at least once. I had my longest purge right before I joined this forum when I went almost three years. The irony is, when I came back to CDing I came back with a vengeance!
    I have had the same experience. It seems the longer the abstinence, the more intense the "rebound". I also find that I am more comfortable with myself each time.

I purged a few times also. Actually still purged.Now I'm hanging out here again. I've noticed, it seems to happen after/during an emotional time in my life. As in woman problems. Which explains why I'm here again.
    No I don't think I'll tell this wife. But if I wind up single again, with any money left, instead of sleeping in the car for a year. I will definatly restock my wardrobe, and do a better job of meeting other girls like me.
    I think I need to explore my fem side better, decide who I am, and why.
    I'm 59 now and just so confused

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I think I've purged twice. Now I know that the feeling will pass and just wait it out. Sometimes I get tired of dressing, and sure enough after a few days it's back. I do love a nice wardrobe and it takes quiter a while to assemble one.

WB Renee, I have never fully purged but have been close a couple of times. Now for sure I wont do it. Thanks for convincing me of that.
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="3"]Roxanne[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]
    [/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn View Post
    It is too bad that "you had to find out the hard way". I once heard a GG tell a CD that she would keep her wardrobe for her so that when the CD urge returned she would not have disposed of all of her fem things. The "return" is nearly a certainty.
    This gives me an idea. Maybe we need to start a network of GG's providing a repository for purges. Just think how much money it would save!

A belated welcome back. I purged once for a decade and a half! Never again.

By the way, if you ever get the urge to purge again you can send them my way. I PROMISE to take good care of them.

It seems that there are tons of girls here from middle TN. I live in Murfreesboro and my SO lives in Chattanooga, so I'm all over the place and would love to meet up sometime to have a GNO.