Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Think my fiance might suspect something.

Platinum Member
    talk about a rollercoast ride! well, I hpe this truly marks the beginning of a positive, open relationship. It sounds good. As many have pointed out, the emotions etc come in cycles.

I can't think of how many people said "I told you so" about withholding and hiding. For newbies, all I can say is listen to the voice of experience. Don't hide the truth, don't wear her clothes (unless she invites you to do so) and for god sakes clear your browser history until you've come out!!!

Hi All

would just like to introduce myself, im smiles fiance, Emma

if anyone has any questions about my reaction please feel free to ask anything, im also looking for any guidance from experienced cross dressers and their partners.

Also just a massive thankyou to AmyUK (chat site moderator) , your an angel

xxx

Hi smileinsecret and stresskimo. I've been reading the thread, and I feel drained.
    It's like stepping back a couple of years to when I came out to my wife. So similar. I'm so pleased it looks like you will work this out together.
    Good on you both.

Aspiring Member
    Welcome to the community stresskimo, as my wife is quickly finding out there is a bounty of wonderful people to talk to here for advice and information.

I just want to say congratulations to the both of you for so quickly overcoming such a huge obstacle in your relationship. That speaks a lot about how strong the love between you two truly is.

Anyway I'm sure that smiles wanted to tell your more than you probably know, but hopefully you understand why it was so difficult for him. But now that you've both taken the first step the fun can start

Two pieces of advice that I got from members here when I came out to my wife earlier this month that I feel have been very important to our relationship are:

First, explore the new side of him and your relationship at your pace Kimo and secondly keep a dialog open. Talk about his CDing occasionally, don't let it just get swept under the rug otherwise it may become a "secret" again.

Anyway good luck to you both

Quote Originally Posted by KaraTV View Post
    This is your fiance, right? The woman you are thinking of spending the rest of your life with? Don't you think you owe it to her, and yourself, to be honest before you get married?

I presume you have read some of the posts on this forum. Lots of people have said that they regretted not telling their SO until after they were married. I understand that it is a hard subject to bring up, and that you have the best intentions with your letter, but saying that you will "fess up" if asked or the letter is found is NOT the same as telling her.

What if she waited until after you were married to tell you that she , for example, had no intention of having sex more than once a year? Presumably you would think that unreasonable and would wish you had known before you got married. She deserves to know this. If she still wants to be with you, fantastic. Think what that will mean, going in to the marriage with no secrets, not having to sneak around or be worried. If she does not accept it, then maybe you haven't found the right person.

You really must tell her, I think.
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stresskimo View Post

if anyone has any questions about my reaction please feel free to ask anything, im also looking for any guidance from experienced cross dressers and their partners.
    Welcome, Emma.

I've been married for over 10 years, having told my wife about my crossdressing within the first couple of months of meeting and long before we became engaged. Opening up to her, not knowing how she would react is one of the hardest things I've ever done. It's terrifying thinking that you've found someone that you want to spend the rest of your life with, but if you open up to them, you might lose them.

The fact that you're here is a very positive sign for your relationship.

Probably the most important thing that you're going to need to discuss now is setting boundaries that you can both agree to. Remember, though, that these will change as your circumstances change and you'll always have to be prepared to discuss changes. Boundaries might include in bed, around the house, going out, being out to relatives, etc.

Hi All

xxx
    Hello Emma,

Welcome to the forums. I wish it was under better terms.

A lot of members (including me) told your fiance he had a duty to you to come clean. Personally, I would not have chosen the path he took, but it's done and it can't be changed now. He made it a lot harder on you than necessary, and he's very lucky you chose to stay.

It's my choice to inform any girlfriend I may have sooner rather than later, and long before popping the question if I do the asking. The same goes for her if she has any ideosyncrasies. The only thing that's non-negotiable for me is they be at worst harmless. Drug and alcohol addictions, for example, are non-starters.

There is a genuine ladies (female at birth) section for you once you have 10 posts to your credit. I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms. They have had some issues with crossdressers obtaining access, so you'll have to jump through a few hoops to get in.

Dressing in the spouse's things is very much frowned upon here. He should have at least got his own stuff. Most of us see it as an invasion of the spouse's privacy.

There is a lot of material in the Loved Ones section for you to read. Here are two threads you and may find helpful:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=90231

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=12890

There are reasons CDs don't tell their spouses. The biggest single one is they are absolutely terrified of their reaction. In some cases, the relationship failed and the female half went on a vindictive rampage. Keeping children from their father is not uncommon. I won't name names, but their stories are on this and other similar forums.

The typical crossdresser is very much like a male who does not crossdress. Wanting prosthetics or other padding to give us the appearance of a more feminine form is very common. Most of us don't want permanent changes to our bodies apart from ear piercing. Temporary body hair removal is also common. Less common is permanent body hair removal.

From time to time you may hear of a crossdresser committing various crimes. These comedians contribute to negative stereotyping and do not represent the majority. They are criminals who happen to crossdress. The media seems to like sensationalising the crossdressing because it sells.

For my part, crossdressing is primarily escapism. I'm the first to admit it isn't realistic, but it works for me. I have no interest in going out in public beyond a very private backyard, but there are plenty that do. I also have no interest in hormones or surgery beyond ear piercing. I would like a pair of breast forms suited to my body and some hip padding. The drag queen look does not interest me. I prefer to appear as a dignified lady.

You do not have to accept this. It is entirely your choice. Frankly, it's better you found out now rather than five, ten, or more years down the road.

It's my impression, correct or otherwise, that the two of you have some trust issues to work out and probably some others as well. If necessary, put the wedding off until both of you are satisfied these issues have been addressed.

If you're afraid he will want to become a woman, you have the right to insist on a referral to a licensed, nonjudgemental gender counsellor or a psychiatrist, but stay away from anyone advocating reparative therapy. It is essentially repression, does more harm than good, doesn't work, and is just as unhealthy if not more so in the long run as a judgemental counsellor. Gender issues are more nature than nurture, but sometimes nurture exerts a powerful influence.

It's important to realise a counsellor can only provide an educated guess, not a guarantee.

If you decide to accept his crossdressing, it's a good idea to negotiate boundaries about what you're comfortable with and insist they be respected. Please recognise the crossdressing is part of him and won't go away, and an attempt to shut him down will only cause resentment. An external real-life support group has value, both for you and your fiance. Some may ask that he dress from time to time as evidence of crossdressing. Crossdresser clubs often have resources available for both crossdresser and loved ones.

If you cannot accept his crossdressing, it is probably best for the two of you to part and find other soulmates.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by giuseppina View Post
    Hello Emma,

Welcome to the forums. I wish it was under better terms.

A lot of members (including me) told your fiance he had a duty to you to come clean. Personally, I would not have chosen the path he took, but it's done and it can't be changed now. He made it a lot harder on you than necessary, and he's very lucky you chose to stay.

It's my choice to inform any girlfriend I may have sooner rather than later, and long before popping the question if I do the asking. The same goes for her if she has any ideosyncrasies. The only thing that's non-negotiable for me is they be at worst harmless. Drug and alcohol addictions, for example, are non-starters.

There is a genuine ladies (female at birth) section for you once you have 10 posts to your credit. I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms. They have had some issues with crossdressers obtaining access, so you'll have to jump through a few hoops to get in.

Dressing in the spouse's things is very much frowned upon here. He should have at least got his own stuff. Most of us see it as an invasion of the spouse's privacy.

There is a lot of material in the Loved Ones section for you to read. Here are two threads you and may find helpful:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=90231

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=12890

There are reasons CDs don't tell their spouses. The biggest single one is they are absolutely terrified of their reaction. In some cases, the relationship failed and the female half went on a vindictive rampage. Keeping children from their father is not uncommon. I won't name names, but their stories are on this and other similar forums.

The typical crossdresser is very much like a male who does not crossdress. Wanting prosthetics or other padding to give us the appearance of a more feminine form is very common. Most of us don't want permanent changes to our bodies apart from ear piercing. Temporary body hair removal is also common. Less common is permanent body hair removal.

From time to time you may hear of a crossdresser committing various crimes. These comedians contribute to negative stereotyping and do not represent the majority. They are criminals who happen to crossdress. The media seems to like sensationalising the crossdressing because it sells.

For my part, crossdressing is primarily escapism. I'm the first to admit it isn't realistic, but it works for me. I have no interest in going out in public beyond a very private backyard, but there are plenty that do. I also have no interest in hormones or surgery beyond ear piercing. I would like a pair of breast forms suited to my body and some hip padding. The drag queen look does not interest me. I prefer to appear as a dignified lady.

You do not have to accept this. It is entirely your choice. Frankly, it's better you found out now rather than five, ten, or more years down the road.

It's my impression, correct or otherwise, that the two of you have some trust issues to work out and probably some others as well. If necessary, put the wedding off until both of you are satisfied these issues have been addressed.

If you're afraid he will want to become a woman, you have the right to insist on a referral to a licensed, nonjudgemental gender counsellor or a psychiatrist, but stay away from anyone advocating reparative therapy. It is essentially repression, does more harm than good, doesn't work, and is just as unhealthy if not more so in the long run as a judgemental counsellor. Gender issues are more nature than nurture, but sometimes nurture exerts a powerful influence.

It's important to realise a counsellor can only provide an educated guess, not a guarantee.

If you decide to accept his crossdressing, it's a good idea to negotiate boundaries about what you're comfortable with and insist they be respected. Please recognise the crossdressing is part of him and won't go away, and an attempt to shut him down will only cause resentment. An external real-life support group has value, both for you and your fiance. Some may ask that he dress from time to time as evidence of crossdressing. Crossdresser clubs often have resources available for both crossdresser and loved ones.

If you cannot accept his crossdressing, it is probably best for the two of you to part and find other soulmates.

Good luck.
    Welcoming her would have sufficed.
    Hope all Canadians arent as crass and heartless as yourself.

Thanks to the rest of you for the help and support in this thread (and all the others lol).

Hiya Stresskimo!
    xxx
    Samantha -x-

Platinum Member
    Hi All

xxx
    Emma, I'm so glad you took the initiative to come here and visit with us. What a resource - both CDs and their SO's sharing from the heart. I admire and applaud your open mindedness and willingness to support Smileinsecret .

What I'd like to add to all that has been said before is - please have fun with each other. The happiest people you'll find on this site are couples that have found the joy in sharing the cross dressing experience.

So many of us have been hidden by a wall of secrecy and shame that we may forget this. Yes, some wives/gf's may not be able to embrace this part of us, but for those that do, there is so much to enjoy and experience together.

Hi All

xxx
    WELCOME Emma! I can't tell you how overjoyed I am that you are here! So many times we've read these "discovery" stories on here, shortly followed up with a "now we're divorced/broken-up" story. Major, major, major kudos to you for being able to weather the initial storm, stand tall, and try to understand.

A long while back, I remember reading something about a crossdreser spouse's bill of rights. One of the things on there was something like "I have a right to my clothes being worn only with permission". One of the biggest, biggest mistakes some CDers make is wearing the clothing of their spouse without permission. Smileinsecret, you learned this one the hard way. Oddly enough, it tends not to be a two way street. Many crossdressers report their wives frequently raiding their clothes for something they need, and doing so without permission. My wife has done this to me a few times in fact Still, I only wear things of hers with her permission.

More importantly, the two of you have to come to a new understanding; no more lies about this. No more obfuscation. No more secrets. No more hidden thoughts. No more "I don't want to talk about it"s or anything like that. Emma, your husband to be, as he has noted, is not going to be successful in stopping crossdressing. He has a right to be who he is. That right doesn't mean you have to sacrifice what you are to be with him. You can come to agreements on how, when, and where he can express his female aspects without destroying your sense of him, or your sense of your (continually growing) relationship.

Emma, it may be hard but you need to find it in your heart to forgive him the secrecy, forgive him the lies. It is very, very hard for a man to come to grips with himself as something other than society's view of the 'perfect' man. Society places a very, very heavy burden on the shoulders of CDers, and secrecy, repression, lurking beneath the view of society is the norm. That doesn't forgive the lies and deceit. But, hopefully it adds understanding as to why. It is a horrible, terrible secret that CDers endure and suffer under. Few of us get it right the first time. If society were more accepting of the concept of a man wearing femme clothes, there would be no need for secrecy.

Both of you need to be conscious of the "pink fog". What it is; the overwhelming relief and outpouring of self that comes immediately following a spouse/girlfriend finally knowing the truth. It is very easy for a crossdressing man to fall prey to this. Shopping sprees ensue, the man spends tons of time crossdressed, talks to no end in ways that unintentionally are selfish about his newly released self, and the brooding spouse/girlfriend gets overwhelmed by it all. It is almost always a recipe for disaster. Take things step by step, slowly. Communicate. Don't talk at each other. One of the biggest most important things a CDer can do in this time is to really, truly, fully, completely LISTEN to what their loved one is saying.

Both of you need to remember that he's had his whole life to try to come to grips with this. You, Emma, have had but a few days. It's going to take a long time for you to catch up. It isn't fair to expect you to go from zero to 1000000km/hr on this overnight.

Emma, understand that the person you fell in love with is still the person in front of you. He hasn't changed. Your understanding of him on a conscious level has changed, but the person you fell in love with is still the person he is. Whether you knew it or not, the femme aspects of him are part of the reason you fell in love with him. He is still your man. He is still your love. Him wanting to wear a dress from time to time doesn't change that anymore than him wearing a pair of work boots vs. loafers.

We're all here, ready and willing to answer your questions. Your questions will evolve over time. Nothing you can ask will shock us, and the only stupid question is the one unasked.

thanks so much for that i know this is going to be hard at the moment its in my thoughts 24/7 i cant seem to switch it off, were talking alot, im most comfortable right now with offering advise, things like fashion tips and make up as this is a major passion of mine, i feel like im helping him, he enjoys learning about it and im staying involved but its the part of it im most confortable with.

We ve set boundaries which i know also are probably going to change with time. So for now im pleased with the progress. I just wish i could turn off so i can watch eastenders! lol
    To get the right answers you have to ask the right questions

I just wish i could turn off so i can watch eastenders! lol

easy you can watch it on bbc iplayer anytime.. seriously having read your warts n all thread and this one .. i congratulate you in gaining understanding and have set boundries ... to you both.. by the way im also in the north west.. should you both need someone to chat to..
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hello smileinsecret
    who's a luck girl then, now don't go and spoil it, but take it slowly
    small steps and flowers spoil your SO.

good luck
    carolyn xx

P.S. have you set a date for the wedding.
    Last edited by carolyn todd; 02-04-2010 at 08:25 AM.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Welcome Emma to our family ! Jeannie and I wish you both the very best, You both have managed to find out early in your relationship, that two people can trust one another and that there does not have to be ANY secrets between you. Take this throughout the rest of your relationship, remember to respect one another's boundries (and not make too many boundries) . Encourage one another as well as build up one another.

A special note to Smilesinsecret. You have found someone who has kept you from going down a path that could have kept you hiding in guilt and shame for many years. By opening up to Emma, you have given her your trust. Respect Emma in all things, cherish the fact that she has had to reevaluate huge things in her life and that YOU have still come out number one in her life. Remember that under the clothes and makeup you are the MAN Emma want's and needs.

A special note to Emma. If Smilesinsecret ever gets out of line, just take her Makeup away for a week !

Best wishes

Kelly
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Chewies sister-moulted!
    I can only echo everyones warm regards and best wishe's .
    However -
    EastEnders ??
    OMG - stick to Hollyoaks girl - tis a better quality of drivel - lol
    xxx

Tell her you dress in them. And talk it out with her, It may be a good thing.
    Angie

hope all is still going well for u both its hard to find out like that but now at least she knows good luck

Banned Read only
    Wow. I don't think I've ever been so enraptured in a post like yours. Seriously, I felt that dread as she asked if you knew that your laptop had an internet history...

Amazing story!

Hi Emma,

Welcome to the forums. Although you probably both have some way to go in better understanding this, you story is very inspiring. Thank you for having the courage to share

giuseppina - a little gobsmacked

:-( Wow - only thing you didnt do was pour ice cold water on this. you make everything we talk about here sound like a crime was committed
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 02-22-2010 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Merged Please use the edit button
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in HEELS!

Quote Originally Posted by mixed up guy View Post
    well young lady ,id say shes knows for sure,she in shock ,proberly thinking what to do ,maybe looking on the internet to get some info , possibly thinks your gay.time to be honest i think .good luck
    If you're going to go respond to old posts, you should probably read the whole thread before posting.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

This is great

It is so nice to see one of these stories work out. I am so happy for the two of you, and sincerely hope that as you both work through this that it will only bring you closer. The closet is a safe place, when you are the only one affected by being in there. When there is a relationship it becomes about more than just us as the crossdresser alone. We don't live and do things in a vacuum and so we must always be thinking about our actions and how they can affect the ones we love/those that love us. I am so happy to see she has joined the forum here, and is working things out. Good luck to you both!
    Enjoying the softer side of life!

Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkeyOnRye View Post
    If you're going to go respond to old posts, you should probably read the whole thread before posting.

Haha!
    I was going to post the EXACT thing when I got to the bottom of the page.
    Old post dredge FTW

Thank you to everyone who has offered kind and supportive words. Things are still great between me and Emma, I can't see things going wrong for some time.
    Emma has even invited Amy UK to stay over for a night in a bid to thank her in person for saving us... and so we can all get dressed up and get drunk! LOL

Love to you all
    -x-
    Samantha -x-

Quote Originally Posted by Jwarrener View Post
    My advice is to not confess anything until you are ready. You must realize that there is a good chance that it could cause damage to your relationship.
    The mopst important thing to rememeber is that
    people will accept explanations as long as they sound logical. If she says anything about what she found all you have to say is something like "Ohh the stuff from Halloween 10 years ago!" "I almost completely forgot about it"
    If you get all nervous when it is mentioned then the cat is out of the bag.
    Ok, it's bad enough that you're playing thread necromancer here, but that's really your advice? Yes, it might cause damage to a relationship to come out, but it will absolutely cause more damage in the long run to actively lie about something to cover it up. The passive dishonest that comes from simply withholding the truth can be bad enough when one finally comes out or is discovered, but actual lies and deception are a recipe for future calamity. It's sort of like not getting your oil changed because it'll cost money to do it, and just waiting for the motor to blow up instead.

So if this were Vegas I would say you have a 30% of a disaster--50% of a difficlut but toleratable situation-- and 20% of full acceptance..
    I'll bet you 100 to 1 odds that the outcome is 100% likely to be, she finds out via his computer history, is upset at first, but over the course of a week or so, she comes on this forum and posts in this very thread, and as a couple they work through their issues. I'd like to also bet that Avatar wins the Best Picture Drama prize at the Golden Globes, and that USA will beat Canada in hockey at the 2010 Winter Olympics. Are we on?
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    Turns out she didn't know about what I'd kept hidden at the start of the post.
    But hey, it's turned out better than I could EVER have expected.
    It's not how I wanted it. I wanted to tell her, and after she's read my posts on here, she believes this now.
    She says she understands some of it. But theres a lot she doesnt get either.
    So she's joining up. Well that's what she tells me.
    I'm hoping this is the start of something great.
    Baby steps.

Phew! New fingers please?!

I love you Em.
    Smile I'm so glad everything worked out for you, but she really didn't notice your stuff in the toolbox? How could she have missed them? you said when you looked they where right on top

Smile just do it!

i had a similer problem years ago,but after a lot of thought i finally came out to my wife,and just said honey look i gotta tell you i like to wear womans clothes.im a crossdresser.and im still the same man you married its just that i like some of the same things you do.long story short she was taken aback the first week when i showed her my stash of fem clothes but she said its really no big deal.i was relieved and wish id done it sooner.its so liberating to be out with your loved one.i say you just man up (excuse the expression)and just tell her,if she does not except it there are others who will. good luck.