Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's style have you modelled yourself on

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar

Who's style have you modelled yourself on

who in your life,has had biggest influence on your Girlie side,Wether by dress sense or attitude.

When i first started dressing,I started by wearing my aunts clothes when i stayed over at hers,And my mothers when at home.
    When i was younger i wore clothes that GGs of my age wore e.g.like my aunt.well as much as i could which wasn't that often.

But my mothers style,at that time must have rubbed off on me,for now,in my mid forties i find myself wearing outfits of my mothers,that I tried on when younger,such as silky lingerie,angora knits,silk blouses and pretty dresses.Wouldn't EVER let her know that,would cause quite a stir

So,girls who do you take after,maybe its a family member or even a famous face.

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar
    Hmmm. Who indeed? Well, I must confess, dear old Mom played some role in my CD life even though she would cringe at the thought. But, after dressing and wearing a specific wig I realized how much my sister and I look alike. It was a bit unsettling at first but then I really latched on to that and I now use her name as mine.
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

Got to be my wife. Before she came along I was pretty much clueless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gargamel Apprentice confusedlittlemonkey's Avatar
    In my head, sometimes next to Outback Steak House.
    I think I would like to one day look like Hizaki or Kizaki, both of them are very pretty. Probably more Hizaki, but Jasmine Yu has some nice make-up the hair is crazy.
    [SIZE="3"]"Alright but apart from the Sanitation, the medicine, the education, wine, public order, irrigation, the roads, the fresh water system, and public health - What have the Romans ever done for us? Brought Peace? Oh Peace, Shut up!" --- Monty Python Life of Brian[/SIZE]

For me no one...

But I have gone in my female direction with that I like as a female...and I suppose my "style" has come from all those females whom I've seen over time that have impressed....

So it's not one person in particular, rather it's all those out there that I have found pleasing to my eye...as well as to the styles they wear that I like....I've just let the girl within me come out and be whoever she wanted to be...Stephanie is her own person....

Hope this makes sense....
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

Would have to be a cousin. When she lived above my grandmother, I used to sneak into her place and try on her clothes. I still like that type of clothing and it's 40 years later
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Well my mom's wardrobe played a great role in my teenagehood but I quickly had got my own stuff in order to try to look like Audrey Hepburn.
    The general question while shopping : "Would Audrey Hepburn wear that dress ?"

women of the 50's

I love that genre!

Femininity was exactly that...it wasn't as blurred as it is today, but then again if it wasn't so blurred today...3/4 of us gurls would not be able to present in public as we do with such acceptance....[catch 22]

i just loved the full skirt the hour glass figure... the aprons and the frills.

yep i would love to be a fifties girl

hugs,

msniki

I kind of play the hand I was dealt, and try to work with it! But, I try to notice girls that have similar features, and steal all I can from them! There is a local news anchor here, and I want her hair!!!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Professional Women

I've tried to stick with the professional yet still trendy look. My wife has had a huge influence on me as well. Which works out because she has the same look =)

I mostly wore my mom's clothes growing up because they fit. But otherwise, no role models. I wear what I think looks good on me, not what someone else is wearing just because they are wearing it.

My style is entirely my own Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I've tried to find my own style. I don't know if I have accomplished my goal but I like the style I have so far. Obviously I need some help with make-up but I do like my clothes and shoes I have. I think style is what you are comfortable with. I tend towards skirts and blouses rather than dresses it offers more choice in outfits, make-up and accessories at least IMO. My 2 cents!

Sherry

No one woman in particular. Every woman in general.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I don,t followed onyone I just dress what I like and what I think will look good on me

Not influenced by anyone really.My wife tells me I look a little ****tis when dressed with way too much makeup,but still back in the 60s style.

For me, I cannot point to anyone in particular, I have to agree with others it's a combination of how I see myself and many women I've borrowed a little bit from over many years.

I try to follow the rule that if Julie Andrews or Doris Day wouldn't wear that outfit or use that shade of lipstick, then neither will I. I have always found that I have been influenced by movie stars, the Grace Kelly and June Allyson and Deborah Kerr types. Picturing myself in the white strapless evening gown worn by Grace Kelly in To Catch A Thief is more than enough influence for any aspiring girl.
    I'm a Wendy and I love it!!!!

Grace Kelly? Give me a break! Totally unattainable...I've always aspired to dress like the girls I found attractive when I was sowing my wild oats: preppy, natural and fun, best example is Dorothy Hammil, who wasn't blessed with great looks, she was very athletic and cute and her hairdo became iconic:

Atypical 30-ish professional women. With a dash of the secretary pool thrown in for effect.

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I try to look like most women when I dress. I want to be as passable as possible. However my look will change a bit if and when I do get to go out. for an average day I want to look average. For a night out I want to look like I am dressed to impress and have a good time.

Mostly girlfriends, or girls I wish I could date. I am finding that the cuter and nicer there personality the more I want to be like them.

But for now, I tend to follow my xgirlfriends look, she always has something new and fun to show off.

I have no particular models, but have a sort of idealized concept of what I think a woman should look like that I try to achieve as closely as possible. But it is a composite of many different influences (borrowing heavily from late '50s/early '60s icons like Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly and Jackie Kennedy).

For sure, there is no one in my family that I would particularly like to emulate. My mother and grandmother both owned some nice clothes in their time, but neither one looked close to what I want to be my own style.

- Diane

Mother and Family first now

It started out my mother and sisters before I left the house.
    They wear athletic/tall. Most all my family was big up to which natural to me.

Now I rotate from

I love the look/figure of Jeri Ryan - Seven of Nine

to busty

Karin Spolnikova - a Czech Republic model (myspace.com).

I'd be lying if I said my mums boobs and body havnt affected my dress sense. She has huge ones, and so thats how I try to look, plus it balances out my rather large bum!
    Nothing more feminine to me than a juicy cleavage.

The dress sense is definately a take on my mum's too.
    Before I moved out, I'd always dress in her work clothes (shes a secretary), knee/lower thigh length skirts, satin blouses, tight low-neck line shirts, stockings and suspenders were, and still are my favourites.

As far as face and accessories go, thats all froom my fiance.
    She has THE BEST earrings, bracelets and necklaces EVER!
    Try to do my make-up like hers too.

Although I would like to try to expand my taste, I think I would always just come back to the favourites in the end.
    Samantha -x-