Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's style have you modelled yourself on

Quote Originally Posted by Wendrme View Post
    I try to follow the rule that if Julie Andrews or Doris Day wouldn't wear that outfit or use that shade of lipstick, then neither will I. I have always found that I have been influenced by movie stars, the Grace Kelly and June Allyson and Deborah Kerr types. Picturing myself in the white strapless evening gown worn by Grace Kelly in To Catch A Thief is more than enough influence for any aspiring girl.

wendrme,

I love your thought process when it comes to being a lady!

hugs,

msniki48

who?

June Cleaver

Lets see... I am 56 years old, so therefore I dress like an upscale upper middle class college educated female in her late 40's/early 50's who shops at Nordstroms or maybe Macy's, drives a Lexus or Cadillac CTS, conducts herself in a quiet assured manner, confident but not arrogant, who enjoys life and the interesting people in it...
    Karen Francis

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    I guess the style, look and grace of the Victorian era woman ha sinspired me most. Followed by the later gothic, mysterious and witchy looking apparal of Stevie Nicks. There are others to be sure, but these were the most inspiring for me.

*hugs*
    Zarabeth
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

This is a very interesting question. I know Theresa has been a work in progress for me many years. She has been evolving over the years as my perception of feminity has been changing over the same time. Thirty years ago I would have said that my choice of presentation and clothing would be a composite of influences from my mother, as well as girlfriends and other women I admired or lusted after. Eight years ago I opened up to my wife and she helped me redefine myself as a more realistic woman, and I'm sure I modeled myself with strong influence from my wife look and preferences. In the last year I find myself setting out much more on my own, working to define my own styles, look, makeup preferences, etc. I think I am perhaps finally finding my own unique female identity. That's important to me, since like most of us I want to be unique.

While I still love skirts and classy or sexy clothes (my fav), I find that I'm now very comfortable on most evenings in just some old fem jeans and a comfy top or sweater. I usually throw on a little makeup but dont usually spend a lot of time getting all dolled up unless I'm going out for a night on the town or want to have a special evening at home. Even 2-3 years ago I would never have thought of wearing anything but dresses and skirts and making sure my makeup was complete and perfect as possible. Part of the reason might be that I'm living as Theresa almost every day now, while as recent as 2-3 years ago I dressed only 4-8 times a month. That may have a lot to do with my "dressing down" and desire for "comfort-fem" in recent years as well.

Guess my point is that for me this seems to be a definate change and acceptance of my self definition that I think is becoming less and less based on any particular female model, but on who I am comfortable with being. Geez, maybe I'm becoming the woman I'm modeling myself after? Wouldn't that be nice? And kinda confusing!
    Something happens and I'm head over heels.