Thread: Where is the best place to get fitted for a bra?

Kathy B

Wink Where is the best place to get fitted for a bra?

Hi I enjoy wearing womens clothes and I am wondering wereI should go to get fitted for a bra? Also is it better to use breast forms or would you recomend getting breast enlargement surgery or taking pills to enlarge breasts? :

~~Post Modern Romantic~~ KewTnCurvy GG's Avatar
    I know I'm just a GG (or GW as I prefer) but wouldn't those last few options be too personal for anyone else to advise you on??

As for fittings, yes, a department store or women's lingerie store. Depending on where you live, will depend on whether they blink an eye or not (LA=no eye blinking; some small town in the midwest=lots of eye blinking, stares and stutters).

You can also measure yourself.

Good luck, sweety!
    ~Dear Dorothy,
    Hate Oz, took the shoes, find your own way home.
    Toto~

Fitting

Well for me I went to shapings.com and they had alot of good info. However I didn't get a good fit using there method. For me I measured just below the breast for the band size, and the fullest part of the breast. Anyway for me those measurements were 40 and 44. My officail bra would be a 42b but a 40b works better. I think it might be because it pulls your breast together a bit more and provides a bit of clevage.
    Hope this helps! There are alot of smart gurls here that might give you more help.

Danielle

BTW If your brave enough you can just go to a lingere store that sale bras and ask them to measure you.

nishp
    I measured myself to be 42 and then decided on a cup size. I go for comfort than looks. If I am not comfortable I will not enjoy the experience particularly when I am out shopping etc.

Nisha

It's best to begin at the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy B
    Hi I enjoy wearing womens clothes and I am wondering wereI should go to get fitted for a bra? Also is it better to use breast forms or would you recomend getting breast enlargement surgery or taking pills to enlarge breasts? :
    If you just enjoy wearing women's clothes and you are able to measure yourself, then do that. I wouldn't recommend surgery or pills unless you were serious about either transitioning or altering your body shape. That is the big leagues when it comes to wanting to be more womanly.

Not sure where you are at with respect to CD'ing either i.e., how long you have been doing it etc. I also wouldn't recommend going to a department store or equivalent to get fitted unless you are totally comfortable with the reaction you may get from sales associates and other customers who may happen to be around at the time.

You can order bras online from various sources once you have determined your size. If you want breast forms there are many sources online to obtain them as well at varying prices depending on how realistic you want to go.

Good luck with your quest.

Christine

Lightbulb Try Victoria's Secret

Hi Kathy,

I got fitted for a bra at Victoria's Secret. I called ahead, said I was a guy, and asked if they could help me. They told me to come on in. I went dressed in boy clothes. One of the clerks then took me to the back and measured me. She then helped me find several bras to try on. I tried them on right there in the store. It was wonderful (so wonderful in fact that I have done it again since then in different stores.) The clerk told me they were trained to help out all customers regardless of gender. I didn't feel ashamed or embarassed or anything.

I have also gone to three different mastectomy shops: in St. Louis, Denver and Seattle. Again I called ahead and the clerks were very friendly and helpful. (I have called ahead to two such stores and been told they couldn't help me. That's why it is important to call ahead.)

I hope this is helpful. Good luck.
    Jenny, The Wild West T-Gurl

Don't Sweat The Petty Stuff; Don't Pet The Sweaty Stuff

Welcome Kathy

Probably the best place is a specialty shop for crossdressers. They're in the business of helping males make the transition. For them, it is not a big deal.

Hope you will come back to visit often and post your comments, views, and questions. Only through sharing will we ladies gain insights into our true selves and become the women we desire to be.

Paula J.
    Love to wear matching bras, panties, and garter belts

Cool place to look.

I accidentally found a site that is almost the same address as this one. crossdresser.com.

Nice looking stuff and I noted that they seem to have bras with breast forms? I might of not got that one right but check it out.

Danielle

[size=3]Hi Girls; Hi Kathy![/size]
    [size=3]Hmmm...bra's and bra fitting...I'm very much in the closet; and I SINCERELY applaud those who can do this publically, I'd be too nervous. I just measure my band size with a cloth or plastic tailor's tape. Now for some reason that no one seems to answer, every self-sizing guide I've seen says to add 5" ...why? Personally if I did that Id fall out of myself! Hold the tape level and taught (not tight) under your natural breast, where your rib cage is. Personally; I measure a 43; so go up one size is conventional wisdom. Cup size? That's one area we Tgirls have it made as we can pretty much choose our desired cup size - but Id assume most Tgirls would want a flattering but not too extravagant, if you knwo what I mean. I'm a BBW at 6 1 and 250 lbs; btw. Measuring 43 I first bought 44D bras - which were nice. Hard to find sometimes at Target as in that size most are 44DD, too big for me. And the 44D size itself; while comfortable was set at the smallest set of eyelets and the cups just a tad too big still - although I must say 44D gave me a wonderful "bounce" thats so nice! [/size]
    [size=3]SOOO - I tried 42D (1" smaller than my 43 meaure) and for me its great! At 42D I must use the largest of the 3 eyelets, the cups are a little smaller and in fact perfect for my inserts. I don't 'bounce' as much; which I do miss but Im moe comfortable overall. This all from a 43 'between' size Tgirl...if you're even; then perfect! You should fit perfectly! I buy my bra's in drab at Target. And always try for full elastic straps too; as our shoulders broader. Gel straps are nice too; but elastic! [/size]

[size=3]Now as far as filling them out...its hard to generalize as Tgirls come in as many shapes and forms as GG's. It's nice to have 'something' there to begin with. I was always kinda chubby as a kid and at 11 I used kitchen towels! [/size]

[size=3]Surgery?! ONLY if you are very serious and are aspiring to live as a TG 24/7 (IMHO) and pills? Such as those advertised in TRansformation magazine? I don't know about their effectiveness - but again; we're talking permanent changes (if in fact they work). They're expensive and could just be 'snake oil'. One thing that turned me off about Transformation magazine is they have no website for the mag or the products they sell - except for a website geared to potential advertisers! Not saying they DONT work - just saying in buying expensive pills or creams; one might take a REAL hard look at it...[/size]

[size=3]Here in this forum; "M to F CrossDressing"; there's a thread called "What Do You Use For Breasts?"...its currently way back on pg 4. There you can see what I use and others. ALso there's a site just for Tgirls as well... www.thebreastformstore.com [/size]

[size=3]Hope this helps![/size]
    [size=3]-Stefy[/size]
    Last edited by Stefani; 08-04-2004 at 09:04 PM.

Marda

Red face Are You Amateur or Professional ???

Hi Kathy B

You're a *Big* Girl now right ? Ok ! Then you won't be offended by my reply ... along the way, I'll ask a few questions.

1) Do you earn your living as a sex-trade worker ? If "Yes", then I'm a bit curious why you're raising your questions *here*.

If "No", then the next question would be "Why would you want to mutilate your body by having someone slit you open and shove a couple of bowling balls into your chest just because that's how they make money?" Introducing any foreign object inside your body is considered by your body to be a "trauma" ... it's also irreversible ... oh sure, for more $$$ another "Doctor" will remove them, but then you have 2 sets of slits and now your body is *Really* P'd off at you.

Do you think a GG with 32A bust automatically suffers insecurity, low self-esteem and a lack of confidence simply because she cannot fill a 40C bra? Personally, I think small boobs are delightfully pretty.

2) Anybody who doesn't tell you that the only person who can really and truly advise you properly about hormone treatment would be a legal and registered medical doctor, is plain *lying* to you ... self-administered hormone treatment to "grow your own boobs" is playing dice with the devil ... you can kill yourself ... are you suicidal ??

Furthermore, few if any medical doctors would prescribe hormone treatment without wanting to talk with you or referring you to a professional gender therapist about your own gender identity issues and your motivation for wanting breasts ... is this just a kinky game you'd like to play, or are you serious about your femininity ??? Serious enough to make a lifetime committment??

Personally, I would like hormone treatment, but I know I must go slowly and weigh all the options carefully ... if it turns out that I'm medically unfit for this potent type of body chemistry change, then I would prefer to live with breast forms than die from hormone treatment side effects.

There is no *one* simple answer for all people ... the doctors treat one patient at a time and go very carefully along these routes.

3) Forms are inexpensive and safe ... legitimate online suppliers will coach you through your purchase of forms and bras, and answer all your questions ... they want satisfied clients.

I can also tell you from professional and personal experience that bra sizes vary from brand to brand, model to model and type to type ... depending on these variables, I can wear various bras ranging from as small as 36A/B without forms to 40B with forms ... the 36 will fit tight, the 38s snug and comfortable, and the 40s comfortable with no bulges above or below the band ... I will choose which one depending on the top I'm wearing and/or what I'm doing, thinking about both the look and the fit/comfort factor.

I hope my comments have added something to your list of considerations ... feedback especially from GGs/GWs would be appreciated.

Anybody who disagrees with me ... go for it ... the information I'm sourcing my position from is available just by doing research through sites pointed to in threads on this very forum ... true professional advice from medical and gender professionals.

No Offence Intended to Anyone

Love /Marda
    Last edited by Marda; 08-05-2004 at 12:47 AM.