Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Babies Are Not Us :(

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar

Babies Are Not Us :(

I must give credit where credit is due. RenieD posts some of the most thought provoking comments on this site. Her GG perspective in contrast to our TG ways always makes me think, often makes me smile and sometimes even causes a tear to come to my eye.

She posted this in an earlier thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    There was only one time in my life I felt as you describe though, the first time I got pregnant. It seemed miraculous to me that my body could create life.

I was thinking about watching the Mom on the plane last week wrestling as only a mother could with her cute little girl and little boy. I think about all of the times that I have watched mothers look into their baby’s eyes and connect in a way that only a mother can connect. I am a father and have a wonderful relationship with my children. I consider myself very nurturing, but I can never even aspire to the level of nurturing that my wife shows our children. I must admit I am envious. I wish I could know the joy of the miracle of a life growing within you and the connection with the child that comes with that. I know it will never happen and that I shouldn't lament things that will never happen. I also know that pregnancy and motherhood are far from being all peaches and cream, but if I could I would do it tomorrow! Would you?
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar

Who knows?

With new medical advances,it MIGHT someday be possible. I think that the miracle of giving birth is indeed a special thing and one could only know having experienced it. Would I want to do it? If the circumstances were right, yes I would. Hugs, Tonya

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    This is something that I think mankind should never attempt to experiment with.

Just my humble opinion...

Gold Member
    I can already see how this is going to play out so here is my response -
    I would not, I am not really nurturing.

So now let us speculate:
    Other's various responses -

"Erin, you are not a real tranny if you don't love kids"

"I pass and live my life as a woman"

QUOTE - blah blah blah
    "I could not have said it better, I agree"

My tyrant ex husband was hiding his secret and lied for years

And just what do YOU know about it...?

There is a recessive gene that lives in the verticies of the pythagorean phynelketonurs that cause oblongocity that may be linked to nurturing.

Funny my wife and I were having this same conversation.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I would enjoy having children one day, but I have no illusions about actually birthing them from within. Had I been born a GG.. that would be a different story.
    Nicole Your posts always cheer me up.... upon reading them I always count my blessings.

Kelly
    Last edited by kellycan27; 01-11-2010 at 10:43 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    So now let us speculate:
    Other's various responses - [...]

There is a recessive gene that lives in the verticies of the pythagorean phynelketonurs that cause oblongocity that may be linked to nurturing.

Except that I would have included a citation

(I'm not especially nurturing either. "Whadday mean you can't tie your shoes? Didn't you Google it?!?")

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    I can already see how this is going to play out so here is my response -
    I would not, I am not really nurturing.

So now let us speculate:
    Other's various responses -

"Erin, you are not a real tranny if you don't love kids"

"I pass and live my life as a woman"

QUOTE - blah blah blah
    "I could not have said it better, I agree"

My tyrant ex husband was hiding his secret and lied for years

And just what do YOU know about it...?

Funny my wife and I were having this same conversation.
    Nicole you took all the fun out of this thread. I will never tell you what book I am reading because I am sure that you will tell me how it ends.

Ohhh and you are not a real trannys unless you love kids. See you started a self fulfilling prophecy.

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    I would enjoy having children one day, but I have no illusions about actually birthing them from within. Had I been born a GG.. that would be a different story.
    Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Nicole Your posts always cheer me up.... upon reading them I always count my blessings.

Kelly

Kelly I am sure you will be a fabulous mom one day. I know that birthing them from within isn't going to happen, but suspend reality a minute. If you could get pregnant would you want to?
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Yes...In a heartbeat!
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Suzanne, my answer is an unequivocal YES! I really appreciated reading your thoughts about this.
    warmly, Linnea

nope. I didn't want any as a male, not gonna say I would as female. Nope. In fact when asked if I would have children I always ask, depends on how they are prepared. I like other peoples children, sorta like I like Disneyland. It is fun for awhile but I don't want to live there
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

OMG yes!!
    I definitely would want to bear children as a woman if it was possible.
    I want kids pretty bad anyways. If I did decide to transition, I would make sure & have sperm saved for a wife to become pregnant with.

It's interesting you brought this up, Suzanne.

There have been similar threads in the past.

2007: most responses were NO.

2009: a lot more yesses.

Times, they are a changin'.
    Reine

Nope. And I can parent circles around my childs mother. I can nurture circles around her if you prefer to look at it that way. I can connect in ways she'll never know or understand, and it has nothing to do with be a part time women.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

If I could be a Real Woman I'd love to be pregnant. My Wife always knew when our baby was moving inside of her and I could see it and feel it when I put my hand on her belly. As a medical professional I have witnessed births. Amazing

My Wife unfortunetly couldn't have children and I guess we weren't met to have children. I found out the Sunday before last Thanksgiving that I have a 21 year old duaghter from a woman I was with back in the late 80's(its a long story). If I was a GG I think I probably would like to bear children. I wish my Wife and I could've have had children because I feel that I missed out on alot. I know we could've adopted but back when we were in our late 20's and through our 30's, we liked to go out alot and come and go as we please and hang out till late night which I look back on and now regret. I have to live with it but I have my little Nieces and Nephews and I'm part of their lives

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Let's get REALl! Well, here's a REAL trite saying for u!

Some guy said, " I have no interest in kids at all!" ( That was me!)
    His friend said, "Yeah? When u have your OWN! You'll feel differently!" ( He was TOO RITE, in my case, at least!)

An old girlfriend moved in with her toddler. This soon changed my mind about kids. "Tried", and HAD one of my own with her after we were married!

My daughter's a blast! And, the "trying" was the best times of our now defunct marriage!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    Nicole you took all the fun out of this thread. I will never tell you what book I am reading because I am sure that you will tell me how it ends.
    Yeah like I know how to read.

For real tho, much like the "would you have grown up female?" speculation, I imagine for some people, TG or not, the whole "nurturing a child" thing is more of a fantasy.

The reality is - girls probably had it harder growing up and raising kids is not a real picnic. Gets easier when they grow up a bit but small children are very demanding.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

So, would I carry children to have them if I could? Yes, I would. Also, once she was weened I wound up doing the majority of the child rearing since I worked three nights a week and her mom worked five days a week. I loved every minute of that time with my daughter, I understand a woman feeling trapped by the childs breast feeding, but getting to bond with my daughter was invaluable later in out relationship. And I wound up becoming a single parent when her mom passed away...I have an evil sence of humor... I told my daughter that one of the good things about me transitioning is that I'd finally be able to give her that new mom she'd been asking me for. Carol,

I feel (and think) that, the dad!, can be as nurturing as the mom. I'm a dad of 3 kids. A 12 year old girl (from 1 marriage) and 7 & 5 year old boys (from my current marriage that is soon to be over). It definitely changes when it is your own kids. I was 37 when my daughter was born and being older helps me be a better parent because I have more patience and many other traits older adults usually have over younger adults that help them be better parents (except energy).

Also, I honestly believe being transgendered helps me be a much better parent. I have such a higher nurturing instinct that a 'normal' guy does. I have the boys full-time and have had them full-time since before Christmas. I may have them full-time for the rest of their childhood. It's complicated. But, they are NOT lacking in any nurturing aspects and they have always been just as likely to call out for dad in the middle of the night when they had a bad dream than call out for mother. Actually, they'd usually call out for Dad because Mom was a heavier sleeper and I would wake up faster when they called. To say women are better nurturers or that men are better is sort of a sexist thing. In reality it depends a great deal on the specific parents involved.
    Would I have a kid if I could become pregnant? Not anymore, I'm 49, almost 50 and too old to have more kids. My original retirement plans had to be modified because if I retired when I had planned I'd still have 14 and 16 year old sons in the house. Nope, gonna back my retirement up by about five to ten years. We'll have to see how they are with college.
    [SIZE="3"]Terri[/SIZE]
    ------------------------------------------
    [SIZE="2"]"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, The master calls a butterfly!"[/SIZE]

The true measure of a person is in the questions they ask, not the answers they give.

[SIZE="3"]The way this world has become, i would have to say "nope". I think there are way too many people, for the world system, based on big cities, and suburbia. My childhood years were very tramatic, too. Part of me likes throwing frisbees, playing sports, with friends' kids, and, i don't hate kids. I know i was one, and still am one!! I f i lived on a farm, and could bear a child, maybe, maybe not.[/SIZE]

I'm a little too old for it now, but there was never a time in my married life when I wouldn't have wanted to have become pregnant and given birth. Would I have done it again and had a second child? That I can't answer.

I was supremely blessed, however, to be the "stay at home 'Mom'" and homemaker while my son was growing up. I took over around the time he started pre-kindergarten and had all of the responsibilities of being "Mom" (only I did it mostly as "Mr. Mom.").

Just recently my spouse, who is the breadwinner, told me that she was jealous of that.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

To answer your question Hon:"Of course".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The man who gave birth, did you hear about it? I didn't find the link from about a year ago. HOWEVER, the man was a transexual--who used to be a woman. Never say never. Go figure.

Babies...

I crossdress only occasionally, but all the same, I crossdress and feel very feminine when dressed.
    BUT, I as a male, have never wanted kids ( I have lots of nieces and nephews ) AND, even IF I could have a baby as a Woman, I would sure not want one.
    Sefish, yes/maybe.
    Caroline. UK.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTerri View Post
    I feel (and think) that, the dad!, can be as nurturing as the mom. I'm a dad of 3 kids. A 12 year old girl (from 1 marriage) and 7 & 5 year old boys (from my current marriage that is soon to be over). It definitely changes when it is your own kids.
    Could not have said it better and could not agree more. I have one daughter she is now 16 and I was a stay at home dad. There was no question in either of our minds as to who was the more nurturing in our household. It simply came to me very easily. My wife was not happier than the day she went back to work after her maturnity leave. My daughter and I have a bond that is similar to that of birth mothers. I can't go as deep, but to her it is pretty close. So to maybe answer the question, yes I would in a moment.
    Enjoying the softer side of life!