Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jelousey - Envy

I love to dress gurly!!!!
    Envious, defintely!
    I work with a young woman, in her late thirties, that has the most perfect behind, so shapely that I almost want to ask her what she does to keep in shape. I drives me mad when I she her because I want to have one and the only way is with padding. Most of us white guys have no butt.
    Love, Sabrina

I mostly agree with Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by LisaKarenAZ View Post
    Jealous? I wouldn't consider my feelings as being jealousy.
    Envy? Most definitely envious. I'm constantly watching GGs admiring their clothes, makeup, bodies, etc., and wishing I could have what they have.

Even though the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence, I also understand that women have more to deal with than just clothing, makeup, and femininity. There is also the difficulty of dealing with menstruation and menopause. After supporting my wife through her female health problems over the years, and her subsequent surgeries, I try to be more empathetic of this side of women's lives.

Even with knowing those difficulties, I would still trade places in a heartbeat.
    And as much as I'd also change places in a "hearbeat" I also appriciate the ability to switch between male to female rolls. There are times when being male is good. I'm almost affraid I'd end up a F to M crossdresser just to handle the male stuff !
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    So, what's stopping you? Learn proper use of makeup and fashion that disguises the features you want to hide and empahsizes those you want to highlight. Change your diet. Exercise. Jealousy and envy will DO NOTHING to help you get to where you want to be and saps the energy away that you need to accomplish what you want. If you want the things you talk about then you are going to have to DO something to make it happen... just like women do. You can't possibly believe that those bodies you admire on women so much happen just by chance! They work out. They watch what they eat. They learn makeup skills to enhance their looks. They learn what clothing works best for their body type. So stop and get busy.

Holly, total nail-on-head time! It's sad to see all the posts starting with, "I wish" or "I hope." No wishing or hoping, people. Get out there and do it! If you're not as pretty as another, so what. As nodaybuttoday stated, GGs feel this way too.

Kathi

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie.tv View Post
    Sometimes i Can't help but thinking, the funny years the females have are in their tweinties, thirties and fourties - and then it's over -
    Lol. No dear, there is a life after 50.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaKarenAZ View Post
    noday makes an excellent point.
    Even though we, as <insert labels here>, may be envious/jealous of GGs for their looks and clothing, we're not the only ones. Many GGs also have the same feelings.
    Absolutely. It seems as if CDs are comparing themselves to the ideal woman, the image plastered all over the media. Very few women look like this. Yes, there are some sexy hotties walking around, but they do not represent the majority. How often have there been threads here bemoaning the GGs who do not take care of themselves? Well perhaps they've decided it is not worth their while, or they do not have the resources to pursue the image of the perfect body; an image I might add that has been reinforced by the Barbie industry since their childhoods. These are impossible standards to attain for most GGs.
    Reine

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    It seems as if CDs are comparing themselves to the ideal woman, the image plastered all over the media. Very few women look like this.
    Unless you come to Mansfield, Texas. Then they're freaking EVERYWHERE! It's something in the water, I swear.

But your post is so right on. I'm with ya, Reine.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Lol. No dear, there is a life after 50.

Absolutely. It seems as if CDs are comparing themselves to the ideal woman, the image plastered all over the media. Very few women look like this. Yes, there are some sexy hotties walking around, but they do not represent the majority. How often have there been threads here bemoaning the GGs who do not take care of themselves? Well perhaps they've decided it is not worth their while, or they do not have the resources to pursue the image of the perfect body; an image I might add that has been reinforced by the Barbie industry since their childhoods. These are impossible standards to attain for most GGs.
    All too wise, Reine.

Quote Originally Posted by Billie1 View Post
    Not really jealous of the GG's per se, but I do envy the fact that they have the freedom to wear what they do, whilst I'm stuck in a shirt and tie during the day. How drab!

To paraphrase a great American, "I am what I am, and that's all that I am." God made me who I am for a reason, so who am I to question it?
    I agree I am envious of thier freedom to wear what they choose not what society expects.... pants or shirts should be a choice for everyone....

Envy.....

...It's one of the Seven deadly Sins.

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Char2233 View Post
    I agree I am envious of thier freedom to wear what they choose not what society expects.... pants or skirts should be a choice for everyone....
    Fixed that typo LOL just kidding

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by nodaybuttoday View Post
    I don't mean to crash your post :P but I'll let you in on a secret... I think some of the folks on here look much more attractive in a dress than I do lol. Not all GGs are blessed with those breasts and figures and once more, I have always felt pressured by society to look that way and that I was inferior because I don't. There are some pictures I've seen on here that have made me think, "I wish I looked like that!" lol I guess I am a bit jealous of some of you too!
    THANKS FOR RESPONDING!

You hit the nail the head. I'm with most others here in that I admire the fashion(clothes and makeup) that goes with being female. But I don't admire the status that most women have in our society. Or the option CDing males have of changing roles. Most of us envy a woman's beauty and try to emulate it, that's my personal view. But to actually have to live it as a woman I think many of us would rather not. I guess I'm at the point in life of having my cake and eating it too. A lot of women out there, can't say that, and I wish they could.

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by renee k View Post
    THANKS FOR RESPONDING!

You hit the nail the head. I'm with most others here in that I admire the fashion(clothes and makeup) that goes with being female. But I don't admire the status that most women have in our society. Or the option CDing males have of changing roles. Most of us envy a woman's beauty and try to emulate it, that's my personal view. But to actually have to live it as a woman I think many of us would rather not. I guess I'm at the point in life of having my cake and eating it too. A lot of women out there, can't say that, and I wish they could.

Renee
    Thank you so much for saying that and recognizing it. I didn't want to make it sound like I was getting on my "feminist" soap box and annoy anyone lol but you really said it exactly how I was thinking. I know there are plenty of people on this site who live as a woman day to day and can better identify. But there is still a lot of battles women go through besides PMS, periods, and child birth . Unfortunately women aren't always on equal ground with men in the workforce and I know of a few women who have lost their jobs because they were pregnant or had small children. We've come a long way since the early 20th century, but there is still more to be done and although I like being a woman, it's not because of what I wear. The one part I do like about being a woman is the opportunity to be a mother. =)
    "I can't control my destiny. I trust my soul, my only goal is just to be."

Always. I want to look like them
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Not really!

At least, not any more than homely GGs wish they could look like PRETTY GGs!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Crossdresser Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Davida View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else ever gets jelous or enveious of "Real - Genetic" Females. Between one of the ladies I work with and a few i've come in contact with. I so wish I could be pretty or skinny or well porportioned. Thanks for listening. Kisses, Davida
    I do and I don't dress it's normal but don't let it eat your just as cute.

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Nope, not ever.

*hugs*

Zarabeth
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

I wouldn't describe my feelings as jealousy, but I am happy for GGs since they are fortunate to have been born that way, having their entire lives to explore what it means to be female to each person. I think it is interesting that there are so many answers to that question.

On the other hand, I know that being female carries hardships and adversity that are unique to the female experience, that I never experienced and am happy to miss out on. So, I can't really say I'm jealous.
    Something happens and I'm head over heels.

Not jealous or envy, but my new dental hygenious has the most perfect eyebrows and forehead... couldn't help but look at her...all round curvy and not a single hint of a wrinkle...nice!

Jealousy is just a pretty term used to describe the process of chasing your own tail. It is just a little warning light the body sets off, telling you it's time to get your perspectives balanced and aligned.

Life is an adventure, not a competition for me. Nobody can be me and I can not be anybody else. kinda kewl really. Especially when you find yourself suddenly attracted to what you least expected a few months earlier...

Ok, there is one thing I guess. I'll admit it..."I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner", that is what I really wanna be"...

There, I said it....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am of the opinion that "societal acceptance" is 90% in your own head, and 10% in the "society" you choose to keep around you.

And yes, I've been envious of GG women a long time. Keeping in mind, women come in all shapes, sizes, temperments, personalities, and "cuteness levels"

What is the root of this envy? Is it the looks? Well, that's only skin deep. Is it the body? Sure, partly. Is it the clothes? Also, partly.

It's the freedom of choices that ALL women have that men don't have, that makes me envious.
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

Jealous, no.
    Maybe lazy!
    I said to Jean just yesterday that in my next life I want to come back as a beautiful female. Then all I would have to do is say "Want my picture? Give me money!"

Oh yeah, love the name!

All the time Davida especially in the body department.
    Angie

I agree. More envious than anything. The ability to wear a skirt, etc. in public without fear would be wonderful.